Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 676 677 [678] 679 680 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492586 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #10155 on: October 20, 2014, 08:33:59 am »

Needs more sharkmist.

Seriously, program some sharkmist samples to form armor capable of covering mk1 suits, they will literally make themselves.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10156 on: October 20, 2014, 11:20:35 am »

Needs more sharkmist.

Seriously, program some sharkmist samples to form armor capable of covering mk1 suits, they will literally make themselves.
It will use you as a building material.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10157 on: October 20, 2014, 01:57:46 pm »

@U_P Go for it. I'm kinda curious as to what it can do too.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10158 on: October 20, 2014, 02:08:50 pm »

Needs more sharkmist.

It will use you as a building material.
Not if you code it properly. There are probably innumerable ways to get around that issue.

@U_P Go for it. I'm kinda curious as to what it can do too.
Cheers, also i blame the AM if someone loses an arm.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10159 on: October 20, 2014, 02:20:56 pm »

Heh. Sounds like its their fault for being in the wrong place at the right time. Hey! Then you can see how well it can reattach their arm!
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #10160 on: October 20, 2014, 04:20:08 pm »

@Execute. That strength 1 might hurt you a bit with weapon usage, but other than that, it all looks fine. At least it helps differentiate your character, and makes for an easy character to RP. Not so much a "can't do anything" character, but an average one with severe flaws. You could even do the -1 to strength/speech/handiwork as an unwillingness to do it, not an inability.
Hmmm, yhea, I was pretty much going for that character as...
*Shudder*

My last character didn't go so well.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #10161 on: October 20, 2014, 07:31:17 pm »

Can you program sharkmist with a "go" button? So when you do have biological-whatever/incapacitated stuff, you hit the "go" button and it uses that bio material instead of you to form/fix stuff?

Sort of pre-program it what to do, but also have an over-riding program that only starts this process when you have "bio-matter-that-isn't-you" incapacitated/dead, and you hit the "go" button.

Even if this bio-matter isn't incapacitated/dead, can you program it with a specific function to use any bio-matter within 5 feet from it that "isn't-you" to do it's task?

Can it read the user's signature with a program like this and declare it un-useable bio-matter? You might lose the tip of a finger while the over-riding program noms your data into the no-go zone, but everything else (non-you bio-matter wise) is fine for use?

Am I completely misunderstanding the programming of sharkmist. Or even what it does?

Just to make it more ER'horrific, the more complex or useful the program, the more the over-riding program has to nom of the user. If it's really tricky, then the program recompiles itself in bits, nibbles and bytes as required.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 08:09:29 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10162 on: October 20, 2014, 08:54:39 pm »

Sharkmist is organic... you have to genetically code it...

Basically you would do stuff like give it feeding apparatus that absorb matter from the exterior of the suit only, give it biological imperatives that make it stop eating if it get electrocuted, you know... stuff...

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10163 on: October 20, 2014, 11:15:09 pm »

Whens the next delivery from haphaestus due anyway?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10164 on: October 20, 2014, 11:24:10 pm »

Whens the next delivery from haphaestus due anyway?
Probably after these missions.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10165 on: October 20, 2014, 11:31:05 pm »

So that gives me about a month of time to somehow learn to design simple plantlike organisms, make a proof of concept and somehow convince Simus (who hates me) to begin sharkmist equipment trials...

Wish me luck...

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10166 on: October 20, 2014, 11:32:45 pm »

I give whoever posts first permission to puppet me until next Monday; on travel for work and won't be able to post much at all.

Hapah: Charge four squares east, make lots of noise.

heheheh

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10167 on: October 20, 2014, 11:58:53 pm »

Sleep, possibly curling up to Milno. Wake up. Drank.
Would be funny if she ends up sitting on his chest looking at him, like a cat.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #10168 on: October 21, 2014, 12:06:23 am »

Sleep, possibly curling up to Milno. Wake up. Drank.
Would be funny if she ends up sitting on his chest looking at him, like a cat.
Yes it would. Also, probably somewhat cute to someone.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10169 on: October 21, 2014, 12:07:28 am »

Wouldn't that make it difficult for Milno to breathe, though?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 676 677 [678] 679 680 ... 2205