Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 672 673 [674] 675 676 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493244 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #10095 on: October 15, 2014, 08:32:05 pm »

I've seen it. It's pretty good
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10096 on: October 15, 2014, 09:51:57 pm »

I'm on the channel, just streaming random stuff, come and hang out if you want.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #10097 on: October 15, 2014, 10:10:42 pm »

I'm on the channel, just streaming random stuff, come and hang out if you want.
Speaking of, would it be possible to just add in a link to the channel from the first page?
Also DAMMIT IM AT SCHOOL GRRRRR.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10098 on: October 16, 2014, 07:20:20 am »

What's the channel called again?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10099 on: October 16, 2014, 07:46:18 am »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10100 on: October 16, 2014, 06:25:55 pm »

"Right, I'll join you on watch Chin. Anyone with cameyes, set them to thermal. It's gonna get cold, and anything hot is gonna be trouble. Just remember to flick back once in a while. Assuming that everything here gives off body heat is going to get us into trouble. Hrmmm. Steve, how hot does it get inside a Mk1 when the heat exchange is broken, or disabled?"

Keep an eye out around the camp, and beyond.

Ever read The Forever War? It's where PW got some of his inspiration for the suits, as I recall. That happens early on in the book. End result: death, except the main character interfered and got the guy into a working suit, using a temporary structure to do so.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #10101 on: October 16, 2014, 06:39:02 pm »

I'm pretty sure you're the second person to say that, Pyro.  I think both of you missed the purpose of the question; We already know she can survive temperatures far hotter than any other human- it's nearly two hundred degrees right next to her.  The important part of the question isn't 'is it lethal' and more 'could you boil water?'.  If the answer is yes, they could probably set the suit to keep it's temp at 190°, and not need any fiddly lasers or fire.

I wonder if wearing completely concealing clothes counts as 'shadows'.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10102 on: October 16, 2014, 07:01:07 pm »

On a normal human, I expect the environment in the suit would eventually reach about 98.6 - equilibrium with body temperature... and fatal.

So, a suit with a busted radiator on her would likely reach equilibrium with her core temperature, but we don't know that that would be fatal for her.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10103 on: October 16, 2014, 07:01:20 pm »

If the shadows are concealed inside the suit or clothing, it shouldn't matter, right? At least not until we have to rip the suit off to kill the host.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10105 on: October 16, 2014, 07:50:46 pm »

On a normal human, I expect the environment in the suit would eventually reach about 98.6 - equilibrium with body temperature... and fatal.

So, a suit with a busted radiator on her would likely reach equilibrium with her core temperature, but we don't know that that would be fatal for her.
Since the suits are almost perfectly insulated, wouldn't the temperature just keep rising?

Help build fires (on different sides of the Eater, so that they cast less/weaker/shadows). Also seperate our motley crew into 2 about-equal watch shifts, if there are no objections. Finally, try to determine how much fuel we have for the fires.
((Building them on different sides will just add more directions of shadow. I would suggest building a semi-circle of fires with the fire side towards us, so that more shadows are going away from us.))
((Try drawing that and you'll see the problem. There's a line of shadow going from her to you if you put them that way.))
((Hm. Realistically, any fire casts a shadow every which way. So maybe just try to keep her warm?))
((It's more likely that it just requires shadows of a certain darkness to travel through. Or maybe the shadow thing is really just a myth and is not really necessary.

Oh, and this is what I meant: http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac165/parisbre56/Shadow_zps95922ea0.png
With the red being the fires.))
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 08:03:36 pm by Parisbre56 »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #10106 on: October 16, 2014, 09:13:15 pm »

Well, something has to produce the heat, and I don't think too many cells in the human body are capable of suriviving at a hundred and eighty degrees.  There's also gotta be some heat leakage, even if the heat exchange is deactivated.  It's probably moot considering she's sitting at a temp higher than that.

Hmm.  I wonder- what if she can, to a limited extent, control her heating?  If she can do that, then putting her in an MK suit would be the worst possible idea; She would only be protected from outside heat sources.

As far as shadows, why are you afraid of her attacking you, rather than her just fleeing?  One is a standard HMRC occupational hazard, the other is outright mission failure.  Also, you assume that the being needs contiguous shadows to move.   That is a dangerous assumption.  Assuming that any level of shadow is fine for it, rather than just darkness where there's not much light, is also dangerous.  I suggest you just follow what already works- make fires around her, and maybe heat her with lasers if her temperature drops notably.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10107 on: October 16, 2014, 10:12:41 pm »

On another note, at the risk of sounding like an idiot, where do you put character sheets now? Do you put them on the OOC thread or the on ship thread?
Promise I won't nearly destroy a ship this time, I've matured, like a banana.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 10:38:29 pm by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
Alan help.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10108 on: October 16, 2014, 10:15:46 pm »

You old character Trendon is still alive, so you can keep playing as him.
If you want to make a new character, then ship thread is best.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10109 on: October 16, 2014, 10:18:28 pm »

Oh Jesus no.
Apart from the name I feel kind of stupid about that character anyway.
I like to sever as many ties leading back to when I wasn't a grammar nazi thank you very much.
Alan help.
Pages: 1 ... 672 673 [674] 675 676 ... 2205