Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2497647 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #8355 on: August 21, 2014, 12:45:39 pm »

That was a couple episodes now; I'm sure they've been repurposed into the concession stand at this point anyway.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #8356 on: August 21, 2014, 12:58:40 pm »

IS SOMEONE GONNA WAKE XAN UP?
Bring a sod with you. I'd bet he'd like having breakfast in bed.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8357 on: August 21, 2014, 01:01:49 pm »

Just let him eat Grate- he's like a Dorito at this point.

(Crunch all you want; we'll make more!)

Or heck, even better!  Dig a pit under Grate's respawn point, and Xan transmutes into a giant mouth under him.  Grate spawns and falls in, Xan catches and eats him, repeat until Xan is desired size!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #8358 on: August 21, 2014, 02:40:46 pm »

The soldiers kept on alternating between running away and firing their weapons. But they couldn't get away. Their enemy would soon be everywhere.

This monster had arrived on their planet just a couple of days ago on some strange metal pod (it was all over the news reports) but now almost the entire continent had been subsumed by it, while the rest of the world was being ravaged by the creatures it had spawned. Balls of flesh covered by eyes and wings that spewed poison and hallucinogens into the air. Insectoid things with metal exoskeleton that cut people to pieces with their sword-like appendages, bringing the bodyparts back to the monster that summoned them to be absorbed, experimented upon or turned into more monsters, each of them more grotesque than the last. By the time the governments of the world figured out what was happening and started coordinating a unified response, it was too late. Like the altered wars in a smaller scale.

The gauss shells and lasers burned and tore pieces off the monster, but that only served to slow it down, if that. Soon, the missing flesh was replaced while any blood they spilt or pieces they cut were simply absorbed by it, recycled and reused. It was of no use now. The nukes had failed. The bioweapons had failed. They were out of time and out of options. They were just delaying the inevitable.

Their futile efforts must have caught the attention of the monster, for a large number of eyes appeared on the wall of flesh and looked at them for a few seconds. Then the gauss shells that had been embedded deeper into its flesh were expelled, launched back at them. An act of mercy, perhaps, an attempt to make them cease their struggling and put them out of their misery. Or simply a chance to gain some enjoyment by torturing the helpless.

"You think destroying my flesh will accomplish something?" the bubbling wall of flesh mocked the retreating soldiers, thousands of human mouths appearing and disappearing on its surface, snapping at them menacingly.
"Whatever you cut, I can just regrow! Because I'm not just an ordinary run-of-the-mill shapeshifting fleshorror! Oh, no. I am a Grate-powered fleshhorror!"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8359 on: August 21, 2014, 02:44:26 pm »

Huohuohuohuohuohuohuo

IC, I think they're just waiting for a message to Haephestus that Xan died or something. I guess we can assume it was sent.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8360 on: August 21, 2014, 02:50:56 pm »

Huohuohuohuohuohuohuo

IC, I think they're just waiting for a message to Haephestus that Xan died or something. I guess we can assume it was sent.
Along with an explanation of how and why.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8361 on: August 21, 2014, 09:48:29 pm »

Huohuohuohuohuohuohuo

Along with an explanation of how and why.
Nobody needs to know these trifling, irrelevant details.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8362 on: August 22, 2014, 12:07:03 am »

In fact, no one who doesn't already know shouldn't know. The details are too boring.
Sig! Onol

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8363 on: August 22, 2014, 12:08:34 am »

In fact, no one who doesn't already know shouldn't know. The details are too boring.
I'm not sure that incident counts as boring even for Xan. Turning into a singing, dancing, flaming fleshterror abomination is pretty out of the ordinary, even for the HMRC.

I mean, seriously. It was singing math.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8364 on: August 22, 2014, 12:17:16 am »

I'm not sure that incident counts as boring even for Xan. Turning into a singing, dancing, flaming fleshterror abomination is pretty out of the ordinary, even for the HMRC.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DZGINaRUEkU
Sig! Onol

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8365 on: August 22, 2014, 12:50:20 am »

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DZGINaRUEkU
No comment. Though that is pretty awesome.

I am now trying to imagine the difference between a singing quark and a singing integral. Maybe that one actually exists in a way?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8366 on: August 22, 2014, 12:51:50 am »

I have no idea, but that's what I'm imagining STAN singing now.
Sig! Onol

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8367 on: August 22, 2014, 12:52:38 am »

I'm going to laugh if, after all this, Simus takes a sensible course of action and doesn't awaken new-Xan. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8368 on: August 22, 2014, 01:02:42 am »

And then the stasis system deactivates due to a glitch in the power systems.
Sig! Onol

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8369 on: August 22, 2014, 01:15:28 am »

And then Xan gets on the ship and all the M15 newbies have PTSD flashbacks and kill him. Also, does new Xan have a shock implant? I don't think he would, but I could be wrong.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 2205