Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2497545 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #8310 on: August 16, 2014, 09:13:50 am »

I kep meaning to test my emp claymores aggainst braincases but something always distracts me.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8311 on: August 16, 2014, 05:53:10 pm »

Yeah, taking off her legs would be great. But I was kind of leaning towards a blast fo force to get her away from me. Because, while my synthflesh body has gone above and beyond the call of duty in keeping me alive, I really think I should maybe stop taking damage sometime soon.
("Tenacious Pancaek, that's what they called me, back n the day. Of course, we had it much harder than you kids these days, with your new super suits and uberweapons. Why, we had to walk to our epic showdowns with destiny, uphill both ways!")).

It just occurred to me that all three of our science teams on Heph are currently lounging about doing nothing !!SCIENCE!!y at all.

Would anyone object if I assigned two of them to some of the projects I wanted developed? Specifically, the miniaturization of the FEL, and the development of a manipulator-less plasma generator?
Was going to put one of them to work on exosuit and robobody design (using a method similar as to what I asked for armor design), as soon as pw runs this Hep turn. Either way, if you can get Simus' permission in-game, you should be fine.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #8312 on: August 16, 2014, 08:27:35 pm »

@Paris in Heph thread who apparently wanted to post in OOC

I actually have rebuttals to... most of your points, but then I realized that arguing about it probably won't change the actual effectiveness of the weapon, but might convince PW to raise/lower the price.  So, thanks for making it look bad! :D

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #8313 on: August 16, 2014, 08:55:03 pm »

@Paris in Heph thread who apparently wanted to post in OOC

I actually have rebuttals to... most of your points, but then I realized that arguing about it probably won't change the actual effectiveness of the weapon, but might convince PW to raise/lower the price.  So, thanks for making it look bad! :D
I was trying to make the case that the weapon is balanced and needs no game-y balancing (= making it less effective or more costly for no apparent reason). That it needs some strength requirements because it makes sense when you compare it to similar weapons. And also that while it is a capable weapon, it is not enough to eclipse the need for the much cheaper and versatile gauss and laser rifles. Because if you look at it, it's really a weaker and less versatile Sibilus with a larger and cheaper magazine. I guess I should had worded that better.

But hey, if you're happy...

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8314 on: August 17, 2014, 10:12:58 am »

Hey Grunhill, you sure you want to touch something Faith held just moments before? I'd avoid touching anything she touched, never know what tricks she might still pull.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8315 on: August 17, 2014, 10:27:36 am »

also, grun, try and watch out where you swing that thing. Faith is still right on top of Pan.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8316 on: August 17, 2014, 11:54:04 am »

I would suggest the sword, personally, but that is me.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8317 on: August 17, 2014, 12:00:18 pm »

Yeah, but then Faith might punch him while he's sheathing and unsheathing the thing.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8318 on: August 17, 2014, 12:41:56 pm »

I was thinking we'd just wait and see if Pan can punt her across the room. Then get Feyri to riddle her with slugs from her gatling gauss.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8319 on: August 17, 2014, 02:40:43 pm »

I was thinking we'd just wait and see if Pan can punt her across the room. Then get Feyri to riddle her with slugs from her gatling gauss.
I went with an action due to not being sure where exactly the distance from person to person is :S

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8320 on: August 17, 2014, 05:04:50 pm »

I am, ironically, having a very hard time staying connected and posting today.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8321 on: August 18, 2014, 11:13:15 am »

I'm back, though a bit limited access this week.

If you take them off idle mode they'll try and do what their AI brain tells them is normal. And considering one of them is a killer robot with a keg of booze, I dunno if you really wanna do that.
You go into the option menu and turn the teammates from idle to active. About 10 seconds later, as you're exiting out of the menu, a keg flies over your head and smashes into the 6th house's upper most window. Somewhere in the darkness across the street you can hear someone scream 'PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARTY!" in a surfer-ish voice.

THE LEGEND NEVER DIES

This made my day.

Feyri is standing behind Renen.

hint hint

So Feyri gets down on her hands and knees so Faith can shove Renen back and make him fall over her?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8322 on: August 18, 2014, 02:36:36 pm »

I almost forgot since I went through quite the turbulence during a while, but I'm still interested in that power-generating artifact I wanted to buy from Grate, since Milno can still communicate with it without having his brain fried. Probably.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8323 on: August 18, 2014, 02:55:38 pm »

Milno is the only one who can effectively communicate with it, and also Milno is the one person whom the intelligence within that artifact has the most reason to absolutely hate. Kind of an impasse in regards to establishing a dialogue, methinks. :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8324 on: August 18, 2014, 03:00:54 pm »

I almost forgot since I went through quite the turbulence during a while, but I'm still interested in that power-generating artifact I wanted to buy from Grate, since Milno can still communicate with it without having his brain fried. Probably.

You could Send a message to Simus in-game requesting it be sent to the Sword with the first shipment.

Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 2205