Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493775 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #8130 on: August 08, 2014, 01:14:58 am »

I wonder how long Bubba is going to survive when he is so easy to manipulate? xD (Also since this current game is a Dex game and he has no dex, nor the intelligence to compensate)
I had zero dex for most of my existence and had pretty much no problems until I offed myself.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8131 on: August 08, 2014, 01:19:50 am »

Didn't your character get killed for accidental team killing?
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8132 on: August 08, 2014, 01:22:31 am »

Your work on that has indeed been very good. However, I'm not going to give tokens for stuff in the past, wanna prevent setting dangerous precedent (actually thought long and hard on whether giving tokens for wiki jobs was smart, or if it would make the people who do it 'for free' right now feel shafted). Working for the wiki should still mainly be voluntary, the monetary incentive right now is because pw wanted me to thing of a way to get small jobs to newbies for them to earn a little bit tokens, and I didn't have anything that needed to be done IC (no reactors leaking anywhere). I tried to pick jobs that I thought wouldn't get done in a long time.

I'm considering adding that as a job though. Hmm. 1 token for every three full missions put in 'bookform' (including major stuff that happened on ship). Does this sound fair to everybody? I'm trying to make sure all the jobs require some work, either IC or OOC. Remember this is all still very experimental, if it ever gets 'out of hand' or if people feel things are unfair, I'll stop it or think of a better way (maybe restricting to IC jobs, though most that I can think of in that regard would be helping with tinker or Hep stuff).
Giving tokens for OOC work like updating wiki is good enough for now, at least it gets wiki faster up to date. In the end getting tokens from 'bookform' things is irrelevant as I'll do those anyways (as soon as my trip is over). I just asked for sake of asking. 8)

And as for that free tinker project you mentioned earlier, how about Power Fist with Kinetic Amps? For maximum power.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8133 on: August 08, 2014, 01:25:05 am »

Didn't your character get killed for accidental team killing?
No, I did the STAN incident.
Sig! Onol

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8134 on: August 08, 2014, 02:11:12 am »

I already designed a sorta power fist.

Is a gauss piston on the top of you arm that fires into the back of an amp when you punch stuff.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8135 on: August 08, 2014, 02:11:46 am »

Oooohhh. I was talking Dead Man Running.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 02:28:06 am by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8136 on: August 08, 2014, 02:28:20 am »

Oh that guy.
They tried to kill me for accidental team killing, but then somebody guessed the right word.
Then I fought a death duel with Toaster for quite a while before getting shot by Hapah.
Sig! Onol

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8137 on: August 08, 2014, 02:30:47 am »

Yeah, I'm thinking Bubba is going to get sliced in two the next time the wire shoots across the stadium

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8138 on: August 08, 2014, 02:42:44 am »

Yeah, in terms of 'those of us currently updating the wiki feeling shafted', I'm doing my work for the fun and profit of having a single database to look at when I want to know *anything* about the game. For example, did you know there are standard gene mods for stat and skill bonuses? Faith asked about them back during mission 5. I don't think anyone has ever gotten them, or even a price on them. There's also the page of mysteries, which I'm having great fun collecting. So I'm sort of generating my own reward from some of this stuff :P

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8139 on: August 08, 2014, 02:55:59 am »

Did anyone know about the helmets at the bottom of the armory page?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8140 on: August 08, 2014, 02:56:46 am »

Yeah, in terms of 'those of us currently updating the wiki feeling shafted', I'm doing my work for the fun and profit of having a single database to look at when I want to know *anything* about the game. For example, did you know there are standard gene mods for stat and skill bonuses? Faith asked about them back during mission 5. I don't think anyone has ever gotten them, or even a price on them. There's also the page of mysteries, which I'm having great fun collecting. So I'm sort of generating my own reward from some of this stuff :P
I did not know that, but I'll ask as soon as I'm up and about. They sound extremely ... interesting.

Quote from: Mesk Vraite | Message to: Michael Bayson
I hear you.  Keep an eye on him 'til you reach the site, seems like a bit of a loose cannon.  A mission as seemingly simple as this is sure to go horribly wrong, and I'd rather keep the horrible wrongness at bay for as long as possible.
IF ONLY YOU KNEW
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 03:07:51 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8141 on: August 08, 2014, 03:10:20 am »

Where would the AM's stuff go in the wiki?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8142 on: August 08, 2014, 03:21:13 am »

Dunno, but some of those are pretty interesting.

I should hook a paralytic venom gland up to th injector sword for when we fight the uwm.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8143 on: August 08, 2014, 03:23:02 am »

Did anyone know about the helmets at the bottom of the armory page?

I believe Zako looked all of those up. He got the price for some, but not all of them. I added them to the armory page a couple of days ago, which is where I've been putting pretty much any non-tinker item that people have researched.

Where would the AM's stuff go in the wiki?

Hmm.... Might need a new category for those, since they're technically tinker creations. I'll take a look at the context those were gotten in.

My general rules have been these:
if it's something that is just in the tinker database as a full item, or if the AM or Steve has mentioned it, it goes somewhere in the armory list. (I default to putting things in the Misc category. I'll probably start splitting that down further soon, though)
If it's a pile of notes or a design doc, tinker list. An AM Tinker item probably deserves special note, but would still be a tinker item.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8144 on: August 08, 2014, 03:29:27 am »

i guess we should just add two pages dedicated to Herr Doktors custom creations and the Armory Masters inventions/gifts.

who has the acrobat synth-body?
they should totally grab the steady blade system and the heavy blade monowire variant.

Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 2205