Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491480 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #7485 on: July 24, 2014, 09:49:37 am »

To me it looks like you don't actually have to hit "EXECUTE?". Like the manipulator is asking "are you sure?", last change to back off if you feel like you fucked up.

We aren't asked whether we want to hit execute, because it's in the turns themselves.  And putting a clause in your action like "If I roll less than  two, or over six, don't hit execute" wouldn't work because it would be meta.  And if you said "Don't hit execute if I mess up some equations" just means that instead of the flavor text being "You type in something completely stupid like 'Heat sand plz and thank U'", it would be "You enter your equations, and the manip starts beeping and buzzing'

As far as not doing stupid things like heat a millon cubic meters, well, the first time we didn't know that would happen (and people still were telling Pyro it was a bad idea), the second time it was a typo, which was pointed out, and just not fixed in time.  And there have been several cases where someone typed in outrageoua parameters, and editted it out when somone said that was too big.

I would put action like "If I can't keep up with math, stop the math." Most likely this would require will or int roll to work in first place (possibly leading even greater problems such as "[int:2] Nope, not gonna work. Clearly the best course of action is to destroy the manipulator!"), but my point is that in many cases wording implies possibility.
Well, you can always make a character and try it out ;)
Worst case scenario, you get zapped by Steve.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7486 on: July 24, 2014, 09:54:44 am »

So ummm... you think "morul" would let me join the cult if i asked really politely?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7487 on: July 24, 2014, 10:18:53 am »

So ummm... you think "morul" would let me join the cult if i asked really politely?
Well, I'm certain they need more victims volunteers for their experiments.

EDIT: Driving tanks is hard if you've never driven one before. Someone should had mentioned that. But then we wouldn't have this hilarity.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 10:20:51 am by Parisbre56 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7488 on: July 24, 2014, 10:35:37 am »

I do hope he doesn't accidently drive in the wrong direction, now that orientation has been lost in the middle of a whiteout snowstorm.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7489 on: July 24, 2014, 10:53:32 am »

I do hope he doesn't accidently drive in the wrong direction, now that orientation has been lost in the middle of a whiteout snowstorm.
Well, they could simply look at the tracks.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7490 on: July 24, 2014, 10:55:58 am »

Tracks in the snow in a snowstorm?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7491 on: July 24, 2014, 11:03:24 am »

Tracks in the snow in a snowstorm?
In my experience, even during a snowstorm, tracks from heavy vehicles remain, especially if the snow is fresh and... I don't know what's the right word. Fluffy?
Still, I've never been to any polar snowstorms after a kinetic strike, so I wouldn't know.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #7492 on: July 24, 2014, 11:04:54 am »

I suppose it would depend on how heavy it is.

Also, why does the armory even sell monoatomic things again?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7493 on: July 24, 2014, 11:05:37 am »

They're safer.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7494 on: July 24, 2014, 11:06:37 am »

It can be a serious challenge that has killed quite a few people in real life.  The tracks may remain, but it's remarkably easy to lose your way.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7495 on: July 24, 2014, 11:07:11 am »

They're safer.
Considering they seem to not be useful in most cases I'd disagree.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7496 on: July 24, 2014, 11:15:36 am »

They're safer.
Let's look at melee weapons.
0 tokens minimum | Normal melee weapons: almost useless, unless you have superstrength and/or speed
3 Tokens minimum | Kinetic amps: They punch almost anything into a pulp and break things apart. Including yourself. They are even more powerful when put in the ends of weapons or combined in interesting ways. Watch out for debris.
5 Tokens | Tesla sabers: They are loud and flashy. They can melt through steel. Just make sure not to be near anything conductive without proper insulation when using it. They can stab.
2 Tokens minimum | Monoatomic knives and swords: They are completely silent, save for a nearly inaudible humming due to the fact they vibrate. Even though they can't stab, they can cut through flesh and MK suits like butter and they can cut through almost anything with a bit of effort (if you aren't trying to cut something huge). Just make sure not to touch the wire. They never run out of battery.

So you see, each has their merits. Merits include price, danger and the circumstances in which they are useful.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 11:17:50 am by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7497 on: July 24, 2014, 11:17:58 am »

It can be a serious challenge that has killed quite a few people in real life.  The tracks may remain, but it's remarkably easy to lose your way.

Since it's a purpose-built vehicle to get through snow, I expect it's good at pushing snow out of the way, which is enough to give a vague impression of knowing which way they arrived from.  From that, look at the compass that the vehicle most assuredly has, and follow that heading.

If they WANT to end up at the place the vehicle came from is another matter entirely.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7498 on: July 24, 2014, 11:22:20 am »

;____;
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7499 on: July 24, 2014, 11:26:38 am »

They're safer.
Let's look at melee weapons.
0 tokens minimum | Normal melee weapons: almost useless, unless you have superstrength and/or speed
3 Tokens minimum | Kinetic amps: They punch almost anything into a pulp and break things apart. Including yourself. They are even more powerful when put in the ends of weapons or combined in interesting ways. Watch out for debris.
5 Tokens | Tesla sabers: They are loud and flashy. They can melt through steel. Just make sure not to be near anything conductive without proper insulation when using it. They can stab.
2 Tokens minimum | Monoatomic knives and swords: They are completely silent, save for a nearly inaudible humming due to the fact they vibrate. Even though they can't stab, they can cut through flesh and MK suits like butter and they can cut through almost anything with a bit of effort (if you aren't trying to cut something huge). Just make sure not to touch the wire. They never run out of battery.

So you see, each has their merits. Merits include price, danger and the circumstances in which they are useful.
I'd take a regular sword that can still be used as a sort of queer club and can stab and be filled with amps so that your enemies get hit with a home run strike out of the solar system over the one that is useless against most things apparently since you still have to be right next to the guy.
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 2205