Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2488441 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #7335 on: July 22, 2014, 10:02:42 am »

"There are no men like me. Only me."
But yeah, this one's going to have empathy; t was left out of the last version due to excessive bugginess.

Plus, he'll have conviction!

>>Implying that actually having empathy (as opposed to faking it) is better for manipulating people.

Also, Xan did have empathy.  IIRC, you said Xan only tried to give Stacy a body because he kind of liked Stacy.  If Xan were a true sociopath, rather than a true narcissist, he would have had ulterior motives. 

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7336 on: July 22, 2014, 11:30:25 am »

Ah, so the robotic emoticons can blink? I imagined robotic faces as rigid and motionless, only switching through preprogrammed shapes. But it makes sense, now that I think about it, since it leads to more expressive faces. Wonder if you can watch videos in them...

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7337 on: July 22, 2014, 11:38:56 am »

I thought morul only had robo-eyes.

Though that too brings his ability to blink into question.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7338 on: July 22, 2014, 11:55:09 am »

Oh, I just had a great idea. If I can modify my rocket pods to make them burn less efficiently, I should be able to make them produce smoke, assuming they have the right kind of fuel. That way, they can double as smoke grenades. Don't know if they'll be as useful as smoke grenades on modern tanks, but I bet it will be useful in at least some corner cases.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 11:58:14 am by Parisbre56 »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7339 on: July 22, 2014, 11:58:07 am »

Is it bad i want to grab faith from behind and use my rocket pods to drop her off about 1000 feet up in the air... with her club in hand?

Also had tge idea to disperse tge smoke by using my manip to create a tgermal updraft but i guess we dont want that after all.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7340 on: July 22, 2014, 11:59:01 am »

Seems excessive; it's not like you're short on hull space to just strap on a real smoke generator.  I can't imagine the hardware costing you more than a couple tokens, since surely you could do the install yourself.

Also, I really liked the M14 turn; not sure why.  And the idea of M15 stealing a ride is hilarious.  Add grand theft auto to the list of the crimes of the HMRC!

Is it bad i want to grab faith from behind and use my rocket pods to drop her off about 1000 feet up in the air... with her club in hand?

OH DEAR.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7341 on: July 22, 2014, 12:23:30 pm »

So... have we decided on which mind control theory is affecting morul?

Because i have a solution that could either work perfectly... or ensure that the "which team can cock it up worse" competition is won by my team, permanently.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7342 on: July 22, 2014, 12:54:00 pm »

Seems excessive; it's not like you're short on hull space to just strap on a real smoke generator.  I can't imagine the hardware costing you more than a couple tokens, since surely you could do the install yourself.
Yeah, probably. I was just saying you could use that as a last resort. Something to check in Tinker, I guess.
Also, I really liked the M14 turn; not sure why.
Because nothing horrible happened for a change? Instead we just have the anticipation of something horrible happening.
And the idea of M15 stealing a ride is hilarious.  Add grand theft auto to the list of the crimes of the HMRC!
Wonder what the owners of the vehicle will think. "We went there to investigate a giant explosion, but then someone stole our ride, because someone left the keys on the ignition! We had to walk ten miles in those bulky envirosuits until we got back to radio range of the base!"
So... have we decided on which mind control theory is affecting morul?

Because i have a solution that could either work perfectly... or ensure that the "which team can cock it up worse" competition is won by my team, permanently.
I believe it's a UE-style mind controller, but not everyone agrees.

Although any plan that might involve things getting worse than mission 15 is probably not a good one. Because I'm not really sure how you could outdo mission 15 and I don't really want to find out.

EDIT: Wikia maps. Might be useful for the Hephaestus people. Take a photo from the surface of Mars, draw the Aurora and some other features like the park or the cradles and start putting the various things that exist around the base in it.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 01:03:17 pm by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7343 on: July 22, 2014, 01:05:51 pm »

That edit gave me a great idea:  Heph needs roller coaster rides!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7344 on: July 22, 2014, 01:17:01 pm »

That edit gave me a great idea:  Heph needs roller coaster rides!
Well, Anton was talking about a faster mode of transportation like trams... And what are roller coasters if not more fun trams?
He just needs to get it past Simus.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7345 on: July 22, 2014, 01:21:19 pm »

Feyri appears and states her inclination to join the Rescue Mission.
Though she asks only one thing: Her updated Character Sheet :X

There's the wiki entry, which looks pretty updated.
@Tiruin: If you can't edit the wiki due to net problems, then just post what you want changed here. I'm sure someone will take care of it for you.

Yeah, tell us what you want done to your stats, and me or Sword can definitely handle that for you.
Finally caught up .__.

Thank you net. :'(
Err, I sort of lost how many points I'm exactly missing though.

Query: We've got 2 newbies--one in each drop pod.
Did Cecil (pufferfish) get any weapon or is what I'm staring at
here
up to date? :X

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #7346 on: July 22, 2014, 01:29:19 pm »

Finally caught up .__.

here

You're missing one levelup, so five points of stats and three of skills.

I'm not sure, but I think it's up to date considering that it even has the half-bricks and rebar.

EDIT: Also, if you want to keep track of who's in what group, I'd think the Mission 14 wiki page would be easier to find than an old post.  Plus, it updates automatically when people die, and when the second rescue team gets dropped!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #7347 on: July 22, 2014, 01:34:42 pm »

So what's the APC doing? Are we out of the fire and somewhere toward getting to the ship or are we still sitting around?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7348 on: July 22, 2014, 01:36:37 pm »

Finally caught up .__.

here

You're missing one levelup, so five points of stats and three of skills.

I'm not sure, but I think it's up to date considering that it even has the half-bricks and rebar.

EDIT: Also, if you want to keep track of who's in what group, I'd think the Mission 14 wiki page would be easier to find than an old post.  Plus, it updates automatically when people die, and when the second rescue team gets dropped!
So Cecil doesn't have any we-
. . .
Yeah, edited my action :X
(Also ty, I was tracking it manually x-x)

*checks off 5/3 points~*
+2 to Int
+3 to Wil
Because I was planning for Feyri to grow in other fields post-Hephaestus :/ But then Net and RL and lowered free time and Grate died and Lyra where are you Dx and Jim? and :(

+2 to Intuition.
+1 Sp-...wait, I remember how PW treats Speech rolls -__-
Bleh. One thing I don't like a bit about failed rolls...its out of character mostly. :/ And there is often swearing...
...I don't swear.
+1 to Speech.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 01:43:02 pm by Tiruin »

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7349 on: July 22, 2014, 01:42:18 pm »

For some reason, people buying stuff from the armory doesn't set off the same "go update the wiki" note in my mind that someone picking something up on-mission does. I've checked the on-ship thread, and both Knuser and Cecil have bought stuff from the armory. The wiki has been appropriately updated. >.>

So what's the APC doing? Are we out of the fire and somewhere toward getting to the ship or are we still sitting around?

The APC is parked in an alleyway very far away from all of the destruction. So sitting around, but in a safe area.
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 2205