Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 469 470 [471] 472 473 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2490842 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #7050 on: July 17, 2014, 12:59:43 pm »

As long as the consequences don't spill our way, Mission 13 can rest easy knowing it would be rather hard to screw up in a way that outshines Missions 14 and 15.

There's still a brand new amp to overload!  I could try to convert the entire city we're in to Steveism.
We've already nuked one mission site from orbit because it was the only way to be sure. I see you propose we do the same to the other two?

EDIT: Although, given one of the locals might have just found something important in mission 15, even nuking it from orbit might not be enough.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7051 on: July 17, 2014, 01:01:54 pm »

As long as the consequences don't spill our way, Mission 13 can rest easy knowing it would be rather hard to screw up in a way that outshines Missions 14 and 15.

There's still a brand new amp to overload!  I could try to convert the entire city we're in to Steveism.
We've already nuked one mission site from orbit because it was the only way to be sure. I see you propose we do the same to the other two?

EDIT: Although, given one of the locals might have just found something important in mission 15, even nuking it from orbit might not be enough.

Depends.  Does the sword carry enough ammo to glass the planet?  It may be the surest way.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #7052 on: July 17, 2014, 01:11:14 pm »

Why don't we hit and run Faith and let Lerman (I can't believe I'm saying this) man the gun?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7053 on: July 17, 2014, 01:15:31 pm »

Only I don't really think a repeat performance on Faith is going to be all that viable. Because the banshee, henceforth called Anne, now apparently has an amp user on her side. I'm honestly not sure how we can proceed without getting a few more permadeaths.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7054 on: July 17, 2014, 01:18:51 pm »

Let the cultists kill the police, then destroy Faith and Morul's bodies, apart from the braincases?

Then abort the mission, I guess.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7055 on: July 17, 2014, 01:18:57 pm »

Everyone not mindfucked takes cover and let the SWAT team handle it?  They can't be that far from opening fire.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7056 on: July 17, 2014, 01:20:04 pm »

Welp, that got worse. I'm going to mark Morul as 'dead, if not permadead' with my script unless PW says otherwise. Though I want to fiddle with the script a bit, so it will take me some time to update this time. Damn, these have not been a very good pair of missions for veterans. Unless something changes substantially here, we will have lost 5 vets on these missions.

And yeah, go find out what they found, snow people :P

Why don't we hit and run Faith and let Lerman (I can't believe I'm saying this) man the gun?

I think you may just want to run :P

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7057 on: July 17, 2014, 01:20:27 pm »

Everyone not mindfucked takes cover and let the SWAT team handle it?  They can't be that far from opening fire.

If the police do manage to kill the cultists, that's two permadeaths right there.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7058 on: July 17, 2014, 01:20:42 pm »

I'd say delimb Faith. Rip out Morul's braincase. Round up team, get out or get reinforcements.

Of course, that's assuming those two will deal with the police first.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7059 on: July 17, 2014, 01:55:25 pm »

I think I'll just use next turn to make a little phone call to Steve to explain that our mission is pretty much fubar. Hopefully the swat people will all be dead by then.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7060 on: July 17, 2014, 02:11:10 pm »

Hey Miya, you think you could round up a hotdrop squad to save their collective asses and be ready to drop by next mission turn?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #7061 on: July 17, 2014, 02:11:38 pm »

I feel like we should set up a "Queue" for projects, basically a list of on going things and their projected date of completion to keep a better handle on this.

Way ahead of you.  Whenever you give me exact times for the finishing of anything, I put it there.

On a scale of one to five to measure how screwed mission 14 is, I'd need three digits to express it.

...101?

Only I don't really think a repeat performance on Faith is going to be all that viable. Because the banshee, henceforth called Anne, now apparently has an amp user on her side. I'm honestly not sure how we can proceed without getting a few more permadeaths.

Well, he is a pretty tired amp user.  Before he even went to meet the police he was exhausted, and just yanked Faith out a building on top of that.  And aside from his amp capabilities, he's pretty crippled.

Also, I'd bet you can disable the amp by having Steve shock Morul.  Maybe not the body, but that alone is no real threat.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7062 on: July 17, 2014, 02:13:26 pm »

Hey Miya, you think you could round up a hotdrop squad to save their collective asses and be ready to drop by next mission turn?
Miya halp

I put the banshee up my nose again

Now she's mad
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7063 on: July 17, 2014, 02:20:24 pm »

I want to help!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7064 on: July 17, 2014, 02:21:43 pm »

Time to call the Giant Robot Calvary!
Pages: 1 ... 469 470 [471] 472 473 ... 2205