Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2495325 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #5910 on: June 12, 2014, 02:20:13 pm »

Has someone made a template for my mech?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5911 on: June 12, 2014, 02:23:13 pm »

Has someone made a template for my mech?

Do it yourself? You know it best, after all.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: June 12, 2014, 02:29:08 pm »

(I think, I'm not sure who exactly owns Fat Pat but he acts domesticated whenever he comes in)
Fat Pat sounds like a great name for a cat.

It's short for Fat Pat The Asshole Cat. He's not actually that fat or an asshole, really - unless you consider constantly meowing and rubbing up against you being an asshole - but I think it's funny because I have the maturity of a seven year old. (Example: I had a cat named SpongeBuff NastyBastard aka Buff aka Buffenstein) :P I'm not sure what his name actually is, but he responds to Pat now and tends to come in every other day to get something to eat and nose around the house.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 02:31:07 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5913 on: June 12, 2014, 02:50:47 pm »

(I think, I'm not sure who exactly owns Fat Pat but he acts domesticated whenever he comes in)
Fat Pat sounds like a great name for a cat.

It's short for Fat Pat The Asshole Cat. He's not actually that fat or an asshole, really - unless you consider constantly meowing and rubbing up against you being an asshole - but I think it's funny because I have the maturity of a seven year old. (Example: I had a cat named SpongeBuff NastyBastard aka Buff aka Buffenstein) :P I'm not sure what his name actually is, but he responds to Pat now and tends to come in every other day to get something to eat and nose around the house.
Aahahahahahahaaha no.
You're just prone to silliness and whimsicality.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5914 on: June 12, 2014, 04:06:55 pm »

Mostly the awesome, but also I was thinking that if you shrunk down the round size from a standard gauss round and was somehow able to also shrink down the other special rounds, while keeping the price somewhat comparable, it might be a somewhat flexible platform. Just think about it, a mag full of blackshot or melter rounds? Not really gonna have to worry about anything. I feel the mini PSL/Testament will be a very effective general purpose SAW/LMG, this will be alot more situational.

While you do have a good point, I think it would somewhat defeat the purpose.  Speciality rounds are more expensive than regular rounds, and using them in an LMG is a bad idea.  They're good for a DMR like the standard gauss rifle, but not for an automatic.  Also, a gauss LMG's primary disadvantage over the Testament is that it simply can't hold such a ridiculous amount of ammo.  Also, there's no real need for extra firepower- the Testament is already easily capable of killing in one shot, and it has volleys and automatic fire on top of that.

Beyond that, if we do design a gauss automatic, which we probably will, it's not gonna be a minigun.  The whole point of having multiple barrels is to increase the rate of fire, and a massively high RPM is exactly what we don't want.  The Testament only has an RPM of 480, but it go far, far higher.  I limited it because there's no need for sustained fire at that rate.

Also, I may make something that amounts to a automatic crystalline minigun shotgun, using the Testament's basic idea.  Is that a sufficient replacement?

RE: SAW, I was more thinking using something like ball bearings and increasing the size of the coils. Sorta like an airsoft gun, but lethal. Pyro has shown that you can increase the size of the coils, and made a civilian rifle at least as powerful as a military one, even with the civ rifle having a smaller caliber. It'd be bulky, but depending on how many bearings you could stuff in a magazine, you could have some serious sustained fire. Plus ball bearings are cheap.

Nothing is as cheap as crystal fluid.  It increases in volume before being fired, you can get 17,280 rounds for a token, at current prices, and it detonates inside the target.  Also, it's a fluid, so it might be possible to make an automanip which converts dirt into ammo.  You could do the same thing with bullets, but they require actually being shaped, which ups the price.

@ Syv list:[/b] very nice, good job, but I find some of the claims... Questionable. And some is just wrong, like the HEP not scratching the battlesuit. Proof. And I doubt the cutting laser, which is more powerful (but smaller beam) than a HEP couldn't cut through with a few seconds focused fire.
Thank you!  I did make a disclaimer that it was only as good as my memory ;p  And most of it was written when I was tired.

Although, I'm surprised to see that the HEP of all things was incorrect.  Back when I tried to shoot a battlesuit with a drone that had a cutting laser, Piecewise said that it really wasn't gonna do much of anything because battlesuits were immune to lasers.  And I thought cutting lasers were higher-power than HEPs.

@Serious
You're far more mature than a seven year old.  A seven year old would be terrible at keeping people from fighting, and would probably have his character join into the brawls.  And would be very happy to mug newbies for tokens.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: June 12, 2014, 04:18:45 pm »

Although, I'm surprised to see that the HEP of all things was incorrect.  Back when I tried to shoot a battlesuit with a drone that had a cutting laser, Piecewise said that it really wasn't gonna do much of anything because battlesuits were immune to lasers.  And I thought cutting lasers were higher-power than HEPs.

Judging by the way it blasted a battlesuit backward and that its strength requirement seems to be from recoil, I'm guessing the HEP's not actually a laser.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5916 on: June 12, 2014, 04:19:39 pm »

Judging by the way it blasted a battlesuit backward and that its strength requirement seems to be from recoil, I'm guessing the HEP's not actually a laser.
It's a dubstep cannon.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: June 12, 2014, 04:30:29 pm »

It's a dubstep cannon.
Spoiler: OVERCHARGE READY (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 04:36:26 pm by Hapah »
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: June 12, 2014, 04:53:07 pm »

It's a dubstep cannon.
Spoiler: Obligatory poni (click to show/hide)

Yeah, the HEP is more of a... well, energy projector. It most useful feature, in my opinion, is the so-called "obstacle-go-awayer", where you point it at an obstacle... and it goes away. Obstacles ranging from stuck bathroom doors to hundreds of meters of bedrock.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5919 on: June 12, 2014, 04:56:37 pm »

This is the first time in ER History where I feel like I've actually created some sort of plan that contributes to a mission in some regard. Yay~
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5920 on: June 12, 2014, 04:57:50 pm »

I want to make a cannon that shoots pressurized air. Maybe make it use a weapon skill I have.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: June 12, 2014, 05:02:06 pm »

@Syvarris Works for me. Thaddeus will probably be one of the first people to buy the Testament and the PSL/minigun shotgun, as soon as he has enough tokens.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: June 12, 2014, 05:04:59 pm »

"ALRIGHT, GET ALL Y'ALL BITCHES ASSES UP! WE'RE MOVIN'!"

Shoot a shotgun round into the air, then lead the hostages to an apartment, or at least a building the size of an apartment complex, a few buildings down. If there are people on the ground floor of that building, take them as hostages as well.

"Hey, one or two of you that ain't doing shit, come with me. I need someone to secure another building with me."

Most of the hostages are unconscious and have twist-ties binding their hands and feet. You could get the waitresses moving, but you're gonna have to drag the half-dozen tied up guys.

The twist-ties came from a box under the counter, which may or may not be on Hasala's corpse at the moment, by the way. In case you want to use more of them.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5923 on: June 12, 2014, 05:16:14 pm »

I want to make a cannon that shoots pressurized air. Maybe make it use a weapon skill I have.
Step 1: Buy air compressor.
Step 2: fill scuba tank.
Step 3: accidentally launch scuba tank through brick wall.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5924 on: June 12, 2014, 05:22:09 pm »

"ALRIGHT, GET ALL Y'ALL BITCHES ASSES UP! WE'RE MOVIN'!"

Shoot a shotgun round into the air, then lead the hostages to an apartment, or at least a building the size of an apartment complex, a few buildings down. If there are people on the ground floor of that building, take them as hostages as well.

"Hey, one or two of you that ain't doing shit, come with me. I need someone to secure another building with me."

Most of the hostages are unconscious and have twist-ties binding their hands and feet. You could get the waitresses moving, but you're gonna have to drag the half-dozen tied up guys.

The twist-ties came from a box under the counter, which may or may not be on Hasala's corpse at the moment, by the way. In case you want to use more of them.

Thanks, I knew there would be some sort of complication.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 2205