Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494860 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #5730 on: June 08, 2014, 10:24:15 am »

With the key exception of being able to fix things and having non-rigged electoral districts, yes.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5731 on: June 08, 2014, 10:28:50 am »

I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5732 on: June 08, 2014, 03:53:45 pm »

Yeah, pretty much, though there's no small amount of weird drinking games I've played. Battleshots was my favorite (Battleship where the ships are vodka shots).
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5733 on: June 08, 2014, 06:20:44 pm »

Gotta love Aussie drinking culture.
I get most of them, but I'm kinda confused by the Britain/Australia one. Are they saying that alcohol-induced crimes are ignored there?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5734 on: June 08, 2014, 06:27:42 pm »

It's saying they get drunk, they fight, then they make up over beers.

It's also true that there's way too much damn litigation in America. ._. I took the America one to mean they get drunk, they fight, someone gets hurt, 'muh lawyer'.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5735 on: June 08, 2014, 06:29:29 pm »

It's saying they get drunk, they fight, then they make up over beers.
And then they talk over the fight and then dohohoho, have another swig, we're all friends here.
Then mutual understanding occurs, in a way.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5736 on: June 08, 2014, 06:36:04 pm »

It's also true that there's way too much damn litigation in America. ._. I took the America one to mean they get drunk, they fight, someone gets hurt, 'muh lawyer'.
Ah. Well, I'm not sure how much I can call the kinds of legal problems that pop up in bars "frivolous lawsuits" as opposed to, say, "assault," but we do have the former.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5737 on: June 08, 2014, 06:38:31 pm »

Guess what? Not arguing with you, GWG. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5738 on: June 08, 2014, 08:22:19 pm »

No time to join the discussion in earnest unfortunately, so I'm just goin to leave this link to a statue of a life-size Gundam. Because people tend to forget how dang big those are.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/yahooeditorspicks/galleries/72157629672277244/
One could say...

That suit is Gun-damn huge!

That must mean it has huge guts.

I'm sorry.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5739 on: June 09, 2014, 12:11:17 am »

With the key exception of being able to fix things and having non-rigged electoral districts, yes.
I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that, while, yes, not rigged, the way our votes are counted still leaves plenty of room for exploitation in it's current state (That has nothing to do with Harper though)
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5740 on: June 09, 2014, 08:02:01 am »

Gerrymandering is an issue present in pretty much every system, one way or another. Pretty much the only way to avoid it is to gerrymander the districts to foster competition.
Sig

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5741 on: June 09, 2014, 10:25:20 am »

Gerrymandering is an issue present in pretty much every system, one way or another. Pretty much the only way to avoid it is to gerrymander the districts to foster competition.

Or.. you know, have the districts drawn by people who do not have the information required to gerrymander them.

Anyway, enough politics in OOC, anyway.  Talking about things such as porportinal representation and transferrable votes will go well beyond what should be put in a subthread of a forum game about idiots in space.  I'd be glad to clarify things via PMs, but I don't want to foster an argument rather than a discussion.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5742 on: June 09, 2014, 10:28:17 am »

See, this is why everyone loves Monarchy, it's simple, you get a cool hat, and you get to name yourself whatever you want like King Maximus Deathanator. And if you aren't king, you don't have to go through some tedious election process, just have a good ole' civil war and take the throne for yourself.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5743 on: June 09, 2014, 10:30:21 am »

Actually, before we get off this topic, here's an interesting thing involving gerrymandering.
And as a bonus, a game for making out with yourself.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5744 on: June 09, 2014, 10:53:38 am »

Reading the hephaestus thread made me realise this is like XCOM, only we're the aliens but have a numerical disadvantage.
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 2205