Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494579 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #5685 on: June 06, 2014, 11:42:55 pm »

Are you saying that people don't worship pastel colored ponies? I've been lied to this whole time.

On a different note, both fandoms and religion is really creepy objectively.

That's what I've never gotten about a lot of us, as a Bay12 Forum and Community. Why do we have all this shit against Bronies? What makes us so special?
Pfft. Special. By that qualifier, half the internet is special. The greyer, bleaker half. ^_^
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5686 on: June 06, 2014, 11:55:48 pm »

Its not so much about the subject matter (or at least it isn't to most in this specific instance) but the people. Not all the people, but rather that one small sub-sect found in every community of sufficient size that is colloquially known as the "loud asshats". The anger spills over, because people tend to group others by affiliation than by personal merit sadly.

No matter what group, you can point to people who everyone else in said group tries to forget exist, yet are judged of because of them.

At least, that's the $0.02 of an outsider on the subject.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 11:59:02 pm by Xanmyral »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5687 on: June 06, 2014, 11:59:26 pm »

Its not so much about the subject matter (or at least it isn't to most/the rational) but the people. Not all the people, but rather that one small sub-sect found in every community of sufficient size that is colloquially known as the "loud asshats". The anger spills over, because people tend to group others by affiliation than by personal merit sadly.

No matter what group, you can point to people who everyone else in said group tries to forget exist, yet are judged of because of them.

At least, that's the $0.02 of an outsider on the subject.

Yeah, look. Rationalism over here from Xanmyral. Thanks, this helps me a lot. I'm doing my best not to go off at all. Glad to see some people out here can process information logically.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: June 07, 2014, 12:11:59 am »

Yeah, look. Rationalism over here from Xanmyral. Thanks, this helps me a lot. I'm doing my best not to go off at all. Glad to see some people out here can process information logically.

If Sincere: I'm glad I can help a bit, and apologize for how things are. Its a sad way things are carried out that doesn't seem like its going to change soon, nor easily.

Best I can suggest is to take a breather, listen to some good music, indulge in a hobby or two a bit. The opinions of random folks on the net should just be regarded as that, opinions of random people. Sometimes its helpful to bounce ideas; sometimes its best to tune it out and move on.

If Sarcastic (Tone is hard to convey): I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make matters worse. I just know that its a question people often ask, for good reason as such judgement is oft unwarranted in the majority of cases.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5689 on: June 07, 2014, 12:19:58 am »

I like to think we're a bit more than just random people at this point, more of a community. Many of us have played with each other for months or years, and have gotten to know each other. I don't care about the vast majority of anonymous chucklefuck marks on the web, but we're more than that. I don't want to see anyone get kicked out, that would make me sad.

It's not that I'm mad, I just felt like getting a bit more involved than usual. Possibly because we were doing alright, and then MLP goes up and, as Tupac put it, "then everybody had to open their mouth with a motherfucking opinion," to put it poetically. And then religion. Man, when people start trivializing the Bible, that's a step too far, even for me.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5690 on: June 07, 2014, 12:31:25 am »

I'm not a brony or religious (I'm not an atheist either, and frankly what I believe isn't relevant nor is it something I wish to discuss), but I can safely agree with TCM on his points.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5691 on: June 07, 2014, 12:32:57 am »

To be honest I kind of like the show but I do agree with TCM.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5692 on: June 07, 2014, 12:35:08 am »

I disagree with everyone. Yes, everyone.
Even you. Even that guy. Even Larry. Do you hear me, Larry?! Well, I disagree with you. >:(

More on-topic: Is Mesk asking over the comms for someone with aux skill? I suppose I should respond to that...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5693 on: June 07, 2014, 12:51:33 am »

Yay, completely pointless argument in which im not even close to being a key contributor.

Oh look a change of subject:
Is the cult investigation gonna need a backup squad after smurfs little impulse control incident?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5694 on: June 07, 2014, 01:07:35 am »

Probably  :D It'll probably happen this way, police show, misunderstanding happens, police get accidentallied. SWAT show up, loaded for bear, get wiped out. Military carpet bombs the place, most of the squad survives(what's left after this current friendly fire incident), alien artifact gets loose. Backup squad is sent to retrieve it/help former squad, assassin squad gets roped into the planet wide man-hunt, while the arctic squad have no idea what's going on. May or may not involve a manip/amp overload somewhere in there, turning this into a 9 incident.  :D Fun times for all!
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5695 on: June 07, 2014, 02:44:22 am »

I'm pretty sure I'll accidentally the police with the machine gun. And the SWAT that come afterwards.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5696 on: June 07, 2014, 03:14:40 am »

I'm not a brony or religious (I'm not an atheist either, and frankly what I believe isn't relevant nor is it something I wish to discuss), but I can safely agree with TCM on his points.
^ This so much.
I don't get why there's all this unwarranted (and as a better term, useless) hate. :v
Maybe clarify the hate, haters. Maybe its what they do that acts as a magnet for [your] hate.
But hate the people? Really? There's a huge difference between attitude and the person.
Bad thing is, its a subtle line.

I like to think we're a bit more than just random people at this point, more of a community. Many of us have played with each other for months or years, and have gotten to know each other. I don't care about the vast majority of anonymous chucklefuck marks on the web, but we're more than that. I don't want to see anyone get kicked out, that would make me sad.

It's not that I'm mad, I just felt like getting a bit more involved than usual. Possibly because we were doing alright, and then MLP goes up and, as Tupac put it, "then everybody had to open their mouth with a motherfucking opinion," to put it poetically. And then religion. Man, when people start trivializing the Bible, that's a step too far, even for me.
Especially this.
Whenever one attempts to trivialize such points in order to...well, let's say demonize them, they should look at their context first and how its interpreted before judging it as an entirety.

And by that, I mean how your logic works in that one statement, GWG.

One mention of ponies and now we got people comparing it to religion in the timespan of a few hours. I'm sorry I had to bring it up, and now y'all gotta' go here.

Forgive them Father (and eventually ToadyOne), for they know not what they do.
xD I love you TCM. :P
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 03:31:11 am by Tiruin »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5697 on: June 07, 2014, 04:54:32 am »

You go to sleep for four hours and this happens...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5698 on: June 07, 2014, 05:58:16 am »

Morning Paris! :D

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5699 on: June 07, 2014, 07:30:03 am »

Morning Paris! :D
Well, it's not morning anymore but thanks. Morning to you too.  :)
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 2205