Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491471 times)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #5055 on: May 28, 2014, 05:53:43 pm »

>Do you really want to know? Because I could tell you. Because how could you tell if I was lying then? I could offer you dozens of different, rational, believable explanations for a single thing but how would you know which one, if any, was the truth. In the end, your decision to trust me will simply be one of faith. Do you trust me not to abuse those chips in your brain, and instead use them only for things like keeping track of your whereabouts and monitoring your vitals? Do trust me to steer this conflict towards the best outcome for humanity as a whole?

I can tell you what will happen. You won't be able to go back to how it was, you won't be able to share it, but I can tell you. I can show you the simulations. The ones that continue on past our victory. Do you really want to know?

Miyamoto sat down for a while, to think about it.

"As much as knowing that future puts a burden on a man's shoulders, and how hard not being able to tell my friends about it will be... Yes, Steve, I would like to know. I am already as committed to this cause as I'll ever be, might as well find out what we are truly fighting for.

Congratulations, by the way. You made a different man out of me, compared to when I first rolled out of stasis. I don't think I like what I've become, but I guess the time for doubt is behind us now."

Stare into the abyss, look at what Steve has to show me. Learn the future, to understand the present.

>Get the armory master. Tell her that it's time to have a talk.

Gods damnit, why does all the good lore happen while I'm on mission XD

For that matter, why do I keep volunteering for missions when my character should probably take a breather to play with Tinker and shoot the breeze with the crew of the Sword XD

...Well, a good teamkill, unless the magic of the RNG saves them. Or the buried structure is a giant alien pillow factory.

It's not an incident until someone gets hurt.
So, next turn or so.
:P

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5056 on: May 28, 2014, 06:06:48 pm »

From what I remember, Piecewise the lizard is a basilisk, with paralytic venom. Might have some other surprises, but that's the major one.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: May 28, 2014, 06:07:27 pm »

Gods damnit, why does all the good lore happen while I'm on mission XD
Sucks that that's almost assuredly going to be in PMs, and that I want to know about it but Faith probably doesn't. :P

For that matter, why do I keep volunteering for missions when my character should probably take a breather to play with Tinker and shoot the breeze with the crew of the Sword XD
I remember this cycle well.

"Shit, always on mission, gotta get a chance to Tinker some!"
"Shit, no money to buy or build anything with. Gotta get on a mission!"

From what I remember, Piecewise the lizard is a basilisk, with paralytic venom. Might have some other surprises, but that's the major one.
That seems... suspiciously mundane. I guess it is just a side project, but still.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: May 28, 2014, 07:04:50 pm »

((did i get a vest? If i did Kyle should have it in stead, pretty sure it's redundant with Yttra's longcoat.))

I don't think this mindset is especially conducive to survival. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: May 28, 2014, 07:35:31 pm »

But seriously, one would think that staying away from the dancing, singing robot with the very large gun is common sense by now, really. Especially if he's approaching you quietly with a blank faceplate. Or worse, a 8D kind of face.
Oh man, I totally forgot about this. I noticed he still hadn't cured his dancing, and was wondering if he had tried, but it escaped me that he's dancing at all times and thus obviously and severely crazy.

How'd he get botted?

IIRC, he was the original owner of the pill machine, and tried using it with some of the sand from the sandbags(you know, the living sand from that anomaly?). Needless to say, he collapsed and needed a new body
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: May 28, 2014, 08:01:44 pm »

But seriously, one would think that staying away from the dancing, singing robot with the very large gun is common sense by now, really. Especially if he's approaching you quietly with a blank faceplate. Or worse, a 8D kind of face.
Oh man, I totally forgot about this. I noticed he still hadn't cured his dancing, and was wondering if he had tried, but it escaped me that he's dancing at all times and thus obviously and severely crazy.

How'd he get botted?

IIRC, he was the original owner of the pill machine, and tried using it with some of the sand from the sandbags(you know, the living sand from that anomaly?). Needless to say, he collapsed and needed a new body
So nothing good or even not-terrible has ever come out of that thing.

I lack surprise and look forward to future testing.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: May 28, 2014, 08:11:33 pm »

I have attained the magic of limited internet acsess.

What's up with y'all? Anything big happened yet? Get into more debates about trivial drivel and all that shit?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: May 28, 2014, 08:13:42 pm »

The Cult team is about to attack the cult in broad day light for some reason.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: May 28, 2014, 08:24:16 pm »

What's up with y'all? Anything big happened yet? Get into more debates about trivial drivel and all that shit?
We're waiting to see the outcome of Magarth's duel with Larry on DMR.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: May 28, 2014, 08:31:26 pm »

GWG just got unmuted, give it a few days.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: May 28, 2014, 08:43:56 pm »

DMRs sideline combat is pretty great.

I also approve of how "YOU CAME TO THE WRONG NEIGHBORHOOD" is becoming a recurring phrase intthe ER verse. It thematically sums up everything pretty well.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: May 28, 2014, 09:08:03 pm »

It's friends with Mr. Cockroach. I dread to imagine what he's feeding it.
...Or maybe he's feeding it.
That sounds neat, actually.
What kind of lizard is Piecewise? inb4 piecewise responds, explaining what variety of reptilian being he is.

Nope, I was muted last week.

GWG just got unmuted, give it a few days.
Hey! Only I can make those jokes about me!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5067 on: May 28, 2014, 09:15:23 pm »

It's friends with Mr. Cockroach. I dread to imagine what he's feeding it.
...Or maybe he's feeding it.
That sounds neat, actually.
What kind of lizard is Piecewise? inb4 piecewise responds, explaining what variety of reptilian being he is.
Squat, 6-legged ceilingcrawling basilisk, as I recall. Doctor made him, May adopted him or at least picked him up and carried him off. Believe she fed him pizza, which he ate without apparent complaint or joy. Believe she also provoked him, which he took with dignity and poise, much to our collective surprise. PW then mentioned that the Doctor's "not Umbrella Corp" and therefore understands that bioweapon that turns on its handlers is a bad bioweapon.

Killjoy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: May 28, 2014, 09:17:01 pm »

Basilisk as in the king of serpents, or as in the South American lizard?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5069 on: May 28, 2014, 09:19:51 pm »

The mythical kind that turns you to stone with a glance, but Piecewise the lizard has to bite you.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 2205