Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2484627 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #4245 on: May 18, 2014, 07:14:00 pm »

It turns out streaming copyrighted material globally is still illegal.

I will love you 5ever if I can access it through this shitty proxy.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4246 on: May 18, 2014, 07:22:42 pm »

I am sadly unfamiliar with any streaming services, much less any good ones.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4248 on: May 18, 2014, 07:37:47 pm »

You could always share your desktop through skype? :P

I don't have any good ideas...

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: May 19, 2014, 01:11:21 am »

Actually could I grab that last token if it's still going, I forgot to post but that was MGAXT/Angel's first mission and if I get one more token I can get a basic emergency kit which could come in useful...
1 token for Angel, the last one from the fund.
(Sorry Hapah, but he was on the mission and stuff.)

(By the way phoenix, since smurf also claimed that gugnir, maybe you can ask a token or two from his 3 token bonus, to even things out more.)

WE GOT BANNED! WOOO

Creating new channel, give me a bit

Congrats, you get the 'yohoho I'm a pirate' internet badge, good for a free frappunchino in absolutely no coffee place ever.

Welp, Twitch appears to have IP banned me.

Hmm. Anyone know a good place to stream video?

That dj thing? Some stuff is on youtube, after all, and you could upload yourself.

I wonder how they found the channel though. Just bad luck, or did someone... Rat us out? [/conspiracy theory]
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 01:16:05 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: May 19, 2014, 01:59:50 am »

That dj thing? Some stuff is on youtube, after all, and you could upload yourself.

I wonder how they found the channel though. Just bad luck, or did someone... Rat us out? [/conspiracy theory]

Bots, probably. Some companies have bots that just troll through active streams and look for copyrighted content, much the same way they do on youtube.

On youtube, you *may* (may) be able to avoid this by making the video unlisted. Twitch / Justin don't seem to have a way to make an 'unlisted' channel.

You could use Skype (I know my brother uses it to have Movie Night with his friends occasionally), but I understand the hesitation :P

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: May 19, 2014, 02:56:26 am »

Yeah, that's what I meant with bad luck. Goddamn, the Machines have already begun repressing humans it seems. Skynet's takeover will not come with a bang, but with a whisper.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4252 on: May 19, 2014, 03:33:44 am »

You are being watched. The copyright holders have a secret system. A machine that spies on your streams every hour of every day. I know because... I've been banned by it. They designed the machine to detect loss of profits but it sees everything. Small movie nights shared by ordinary people. People like you. The viewers consider their small numbers render them irrelevant. They don't. Hunted by the authorities, we share movies in secret. You'll never ban them from your stream but viewer or streamer, if you're having fun... they'll ban you.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: May 19, 2014, 03:51:52 am »

Paris, I am really interested in contacting you were it be the case on witty writing.

But how you worded the analysis there already speaks uncertainty :p

Could I have some tips in writing there?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4254 on: May 19, 2014, 04:44:43 am »

Oh, I was simply quoting Person of Interest: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Person_of_Interest_(TV_series)#Plot
(sorry if the link is wrong, writing from phone.)
I'm not that good a writer. You're better off asking someone who knows more about that kind of stuff, like piecewise.

But if you think that I could help you, then sure. Ask away. I'm not one to turn down a friend in need.

Anyway, I think the best advice one could give to aspiring writers is: read a lot of things so that you can learn and draw inspiration from them and find some people you trust to honestly review your work and make suggestions.
But then again, what do I know? I've not written that much.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: May 19, 2014, 06:03:53 am »

I ain't no writer, but these are some tips that seem to return often:

-write what you know
-less is more
-kill your darlings
-in terms of plot: avoid 'and after X, then Y happens', but go for 'and thus, logically Y happens following the events of X'

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: May 19, 2014, 07:59:47 am »

I'd love to give an Artee prototype to someone for field testing as a parting gift of sorts, but unfortunately Anton never had an opportunity to complete one.

It's not like the ARM ranks will become any weirder due to a literally armed NPC robot unguligrade fighting alongside them.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4257 on: May 19, 2014, 08:12:20 am »

((I think Flint should ask Simus for a memento or something. Maybe share a last tender moment together  :P))
I tried talking to Simus during the crater exploration but Pyro didn't seem interested in RPing at the time so I stopped because I didn't want to be annoying.
Then I posted an action to say goodbye to Simus so I could get a speech/charisma roll (because speech/charisma roll) but piecewise missed that so I kinda stopped trying.
I guess I could try one more time. For love :P

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: May 19, 2014, 08:14:54 am »

Someone should probably ask about life expectancy of people (in terms of old age) who are just brains in jars.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: May 19, 2014, 08:20:49 am »

((I think Flint should ask Simus for a memento or something. Maybe share a last tender moment together  :P))
I tried talking to Simus during the crater exploration but Pyro didn't seem interested in RPing at the time so I stopped because I didn't want to be annoying.
Then I posted an action to say goodbye to Simus so I could get a speech/charisma roll (because speech/charisma roll) but piecewise missed that so I kinda stopped trying.
I guess I could try one more time. For love :P
((I'll totally let you have those three charisma pills for free if you use them for Simus. Just saying.))
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 2205