Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2486588 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #3900 on: May 14, 2014, 06:43:11 pm »

The deathcube was collected by Morul after Cog was vaporized. He's not actually used it, just kinda hauled it around.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3901 on: May 14, 2014, 07:49:22 pm »

My offer to pay anyone who finds out how the cube is operated still stands.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3902 on: May 14, 2014, 07:54:27 pm »

Morul found out there were fractal not-maths inside it. Does that count?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: May 14, 2014, 10:01:44 pm »

@PW: Are the people who are going to fish the escape pods the same ones responsible for searching for Renen's braincase or will I have to wait some more?
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3904 on: May 15, 2014, 12:26:53 am »

That didn't last long...

Duel Stacy, because I like his name.
Give him a manipulator. Any manipulator. I triple dog dare you.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3905 on: May 15, 2014, 07:43:24 am »

And take that manip and attempt to freeze the local star.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: May 15, 2014, 09:31:09 am »

And take that manip and attempt to freeze the local star.
...what?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: May 15, 2014, 09:41:43 am »

You know what manipulators are, right?  (If not, reference the armory list and know they are space magic calculators that let you abuse physics.)  They don't like being pushed too hard.  Heating a small room 400 degrees is okay; heating a stadium 1000 degrees is very dangerous.

If you need an example, reference this.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3908 on: May 15, 2014, 09:47:53 am »

Wow. I could see why people are advising me that personal armor may be futile.

I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3909 on: May 15, 2014, 09:57:10 am »

@PW: Are the people who are going to fish the escape pods the same ones responsible for searching for Renen's braincase or will I have to wait some more?
ehhhhh really they shouldn't but if waiting for a little while longer would be a problem, then we can fudge it. Because the escape pods are heading back to the planet, you're sitting in a brain case in space.

Wow. I could see why people are advising me that personal armor may be futile.

Space magic is extremely powerful if you use it right, and infinitely deadly to you and everyone around you if used incorrectly. And when it comes to dealing with an overload, the best way to deal with the situation is a good pair of running shoes.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3910 on: May 15, 2014, 10:20:11 am »

We can always say someone with a MK3 went to pick him up and then Steve sent a shuttle to pick them up, if that makes sense.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: May 15, 2014, 10:34:56 am »

You know what manipulators are, right?  (If not, reference the armory list and know they are space magic calculators that let you abuse physics.)  They don't like being pushed too hard.  Heating a small room 400 degrees is okay; heating a stadium 1000 degrees is very dangerous.

If you need an example, reference this.
Ah, yes, the screwups of the past HMRC missions. Makes me feel better about my own.

And when it comes to dealing with an overload, the best way to deal with the situation is a good pair of running shoes.
I dunno, Simus's phase suit seems effective. Or asking the AM politely, that worked in what was probably the biggest case yet.
*whistles innocently*
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3912 on: May 15, 2014, 11:05:24 am »

And when it comes to dealing with an overload, the best way to deal with the situation is a good pair of running shoes.
I dunno, Simus's phase suit seems effective. Or asking the AM politely, that worked in what was probably the biggest case yet.
Judging by the state of the command center afterwards and how many people got injured by the explosion, I'd say that running was still the best option. The AM simply kept this from becoming bigger.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3913 on: May 15, 2014, 11:39:59 am »

I dunno. I was busy trying to keep Grate under control (ideally, you know, controlling the vast amount of power), but it seemed like running wasn't helping much. Though I tried.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3914 on: May 15, 2014, 11:45:14 am »

I dunno. I was busy trying to keep Grate under control (ideally, you know, controlling the vast amount of power), but it seemed like running wasn't helping much. Though I tried.
No, running away was a good idea on your part. Otherwise we could had lost the Sword and that would had been bad. It would had been better if you could fly towards the desert so that we didn't end up loosing the command centre, but you can't have everything.
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 2205