Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487379 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #3870 on: May 14, 2014, 10:48:27 am »

And whats up with that sheep in the corner that has 7 horns and 7 eyes? And all this backwards latin?

The first appearance, so yes.

Also, don't try to summon the sheep:

Well, the man named "Bishop" should be onboard now... I might as well verify...
Charles attempts to will the sheep back to him.
"You shouldn't do that." Someone says from behind you. You turn around and find a man standing behind you. He has dark red skin, solid green eyes and a human like mouth the stretches vertically from his throat down to his groin. The mouth's fleshy, twisted lips twitch as it speaks, teeth parting to reveal throbbing viscera.

"Some day you might attract something else."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: May 14, 2014, 10:52:42 am »

I just realised, where did I park ThunderTron?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: May 14, 2014, 10:56:10 am »

Probably in the hangar.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: May 14, 2014, 10:57:59 am »

Probably in the hangar.
I'm still amazed at how well it did.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: May 14, 2014, 11:15:25 am »

You'd think an eternal steam engine would be slightly inferior to a vaguely nuclear standard power generator. At least in power output, if not in longevity.

Yeah but a self sustaining steam engine translates into mechanical force better/faster, and looks cooler, and doesnt irradiate the crap out of you when someone shoots the reactor, and is environmentally friendly, and has lots of shiny pipes, and can use steam pressure to fire harpoons, and is awesome, and is cheaper, and can propel you in a vacuum, and is retro, and is train-like, and im gonna stop now...

I think the eternal steam engine when considered in a power plant scenario might be able to pump out more juice then its nuclear counterpart at the same scale, i mean steam engines dont need all the safety devices, decontamination rooms, computer consoles, radiation shielding or bigass concrete chimneys that are integral to safe operation and maintenance of a nuclear reactor of that magnitude.

... You are aware that nuclear power plants are basically giant steam engines, yes? No, your infinite power source won't convert energy more efficiently or quickly. Indeed, it would probably be less efficient, if not slower, because you'd be using what would amount to a boiling water reactor setup with the nuclear core replaced with that artefact. And good luck trying to make a nuclear reactor spit radiation at you by shooting it. Hint: You won't be able to breach the reactor at all. And even if you did, you'd have a bigger issue with being broiled alive by all of the flash-boiling, extremely high temperature and high pressure coolant.

And none of those things make any difference to power output. And those 'bigass concrete chimneys' are needed to cool and recondense used steam. Something every steam engine has to deal with, just a different solution.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: May 14, 2014, 11:34:41 am »

Yes im aware that nuclear reactors are enormous radioactive steam engines, ER nuclear generatirs on tge other hand dont strike me as steam operated.

And i was referring to size efficiency, i mentioned scale for a reason.
A nuclear reactor takes up a lot more real estate than a magical space boiler.

Topic change: Newbie gear pool.

Should we go through and steal all the old abandoned characters basic gear and set up a sort of equipment pool for the newbies where they can borrow items for one mission in exchange for 1 token?
That way they might be better able to survive the mission and if they die then the tokens in the pool can be used to replace any gear that gets lost or destroyed.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 11:55:49 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: May 14, 2014, 11:56:57 am »

Steam harpoons and vacuum propulsion effectiveness is dependant on quality of design and available water stores, could actually be quite effective.
I doubt that; steam doesn't provide much pressure, overall, especially when you consider that it's basically warm water hanging in the air--that prevents it from giving much pressure. Sure, with plenty of R&D, maybe you could bring it up to the level more conventional methods of propulsion, but it's not really worth the work. And don't get me started on steam harpoons...

Yes im aware that nuclear reactors are enormous radioactive steam engines, ER nuclear generatirs on tge other hand dont strike me as steam operated.
Assume that that's correct. Logically, if the ERverse ditched steam-based reactors, the non-steam-based reactors must be even better than the steam-based ones, which are better than your planned low-temperature steam boiler. How does this make that runt of the litter any better?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: May 14, 2014, 12:15:38 pm »

Better doesnt necessarily mean more powerful, it could simply mean more compact.

And for all you know my boiler could operate at extremely high temperatures, dont always go jumping into arguments with near zero information on the matter.

You dont know how i plan to design the boiler, i could be planning to fuel it with 10,000 eternally burning pill machine enhanced grate clones.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: May 14, 2014, 12:22:24 pm »

It's true that arguing without adequate knowledge seldom leads to anything good.

So please, UP, describe what you're planning to do. The more details, the better.

Should we go through and steal all the old abandoned characters basic gear and set up a sort of equipment pool for the newbies where they can borrow items for one mission in exchange for 1 token?
That way they might be better able to survive the mission and if they die then the tokens in the pool can be used to replace any gear that gets lost or destroyed.
I doubt pw would let us do that, steal stuff from inactive players.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 12:24:09 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: May 14, 2014, 12:24:00 pm »

It true that arguing without adequate knowledge doesn't lead to anything good.

Yeah, you might catch a bad case of politician.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: May 14, 2014, 12:29:28 pm »

if saturday isn't a good day, we can do sunday. Whatever works for the most people. Thinking of going semi-kungfu movie this time. Sword of the stranger. The Raid. etc.

While I may be able to join on Saturday, depending on the exact time, Sunday would be vastly better for me, as I have no plans whatsoever on Sunday.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: May 14, 2014, 12:39:17 pm »

Actually, that's a myth. You can't catch politician just by arguing without adequate knowledge, it needs to already be in you, like if you were physically present in the room when a politician opens his mouth. Arguing just creates a favorable environment for the condition to surface.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: May 14, 2014, 12:45:49 pm »

Actually, that's a myth. You can't catch politician just by arguing without adequate knowledge, it needs to already be in you, like if you were physically present in the room when a politician opens his mouth. Arguing just creates a favorable environment for the condition to surface.
Predisposition towards catching politician is a genetic defect, but yes, uninformed arguing incubates it nicely.

if saturday isn't a good day, we can do sunday. Whatever works for the most people. Thinking of going semi-kungfu movie this time. Sword of the stranger. The Raid. etc.

While I may be able to join on Saturday, depending on the exact time, Sunday would be vastly better for me, as I have no plans whatsoever on Sunday.
For some reason, this sounded really sad, probably not intended like that though.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 12:48:03 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: May 14, 2014, 12:58:09 pm »

For some reason, this sounded really sad, probably not intended like that though.

Erm, I don't really see why you'd interpret it that way.  I just don't have any plans for Sunday, and that's partially because I'm going to be out most of the day on Saturday.  What, are all your weekends always booked?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: May 14, 2014, 02:04:12 pm »

((Wait, is it the Harbringer of Timmy? Oh GM, please don't let it be Timmy.))

(( We're... not sure what the sheep is. Other than 'not good news'. Because nothing in this game is good news XD ))

The Sheep predates Timmy, though he was aware of the sphere and warned of its danger.

You're headed toward the research labs when you notice the Sheep beside you again.
"It was not meant to be seen." It says without looking at you, "Fear those it has touched."
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 2205