Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487929 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #3855 on: May 14, 2014, 08:25:03 am »

I'd also like a time for the movie night.

Also, see that spam thread? Let's get it deleted.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3856 on: May 14, 2014, 08:46:51 am »

if saturday isn't a good day, we can do sunday. Whatever works for the most people. Thinking of going semi-kungfu movie this time. Sword of the stranger. The Raid. etc.

Broadcasting music again, by the way.
http://plug.dj/einsteinian-roulette/

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: May 14, 2014, 08:53:46 am »

Also, see that spam thread? Let's get it deleted.
Holy crap, i found something i can agree with GWG on.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: May 14, 2014, 09:12:07 am »

It seems most if not all my Saturdays will be filled with classes for the next semester or so. Sunday would be better in my case.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: May 14, 2014, 09:28:00 am »

if saturday isn't a good day, we can do sunday. Whatever works for the most people. Thinking of going semi-kungfu movie this time. Sword of the stranger. The Raid. etc.

Broadcasting music again, by the way.
http://plug.dj/einsteinian-roulette/
Sunday is good as I am in a different time zone.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3860 on: May 14, 2014, 09:30:00 am »

I think I read somewhere that replying to spam threads makes it harder for Toady to delete them.
So you should probably not reply and simply report.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: May 14, 2014, 09:55:52 am »

I think I read somewhere that replying to spam threads makes it harder for Toady to delete them.
So you should probably not reply and simply report.
Done and done.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: May 14, 2014, 09:57:23 am »

Ok, I'd like to try to understand what a monstruosity ER is. Any place to start?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: May 14, 2014, 10:01:40 am »

Radio Controlled's signature, if you're interested in joining. For mission summaries, etc. you'll have to ask here, since we didn't finish those on the wiki.

This outlines the basic "history" of the game so far, minus the various "Incidents".

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: May 14, 2014, 10:01:57 am »

Ok, I'd like to try to understand what a monstruosity ER is. Any place to start?

The wiki.

See my sig.

EDIT: WHAT IS IT WITH ALL THE DAMN NINJAS TODAY?

Or maybe I'm just slow. Also possible.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: May 14, 2014, 10:04:12 am »

Speaking of bugging, we're waiting on you over in TEN, Xan :P
That you are.
...............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzztzozmzozrzrzozwzzzzzzzz

Look, if you cannot post, just give hour character to someone else or something. You're really holding up everybody like this. I mean, for what was supposed to be a short game, we've been at this for a long tile already.
Yeah, I am being a dick holding up the game like this, unintentionally or no. Fortunately, I'd opened up the thing to post anyhow.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: May 14, 2014, 10:09:27 am »

Yeah but a self sustaining steam engine translates into mechanical force better/faster, and looks cooler, and doesnt irradiate the crap out of you when someone shoots the reactor, and is environmentally friendly, and has lots of shiny pipes, and can use steam pressure to fire harpoons, and is awesome, and is cheaper, and can propel you in a vacuum, and is retro, and is train-like, and im gonna stop now...
1. Possible.
2. Arguable.
3. Neither does a nuclear reactor that's being run properly. Unless you're really unlucky and someone screws up the containment on the short-half-life isotopes that never normally leave the reactor.
4. Nuclear power is, overall, probably the second-most environmentally friendly power source available in the 21st century. It beats fossil fuels for obvious reasons, doesn't screw with rivers, and doesn't take up nearly as much space per watt as solar or wind. Geothermal and maybe tidal power are better, but those have rather obviously-limited application.
5. So?
6. Not very well.
7. Not particularly.
8. Yes, but only because you're treating the core component--which is, I should add, unique--as being free.
9. Not very well.
10. So?
11. So?

I think the eternal steam engine when considered in a power plant scenario might be able to pump out more juice then its nuclear counterpart at the same scale, i mean steam engines dont need all the safety devices, decontamination rooms, computer consoles, radiation shielding or bigass concrete chimneys that are integral to safe operation and maintenance of a nuclear reactor of that magnitude.
True enough. Also, you don't need to worry about having critical mass. On the other hand, that won't help you if you can't use it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: May 14, 2014, 10:32:16 am »

Okay, first part... not actually an argument, just a random bunch of joke reasonings.

Also wind power, less environmentally friendly then advertised. That shit fucks with rainfall patterns.

Steam harpoons and vacuum propulsion effectiveness is dependant on quality of design and available water stores, could actually be quite effective.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: May 14, 2014, 10:32:52 am »

The sheep has returned.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: May 14, 2014, 10:36:08 am »

The sheep has returned.
That's the sheep then?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 2205