Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493311 times)

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #3510 on: May 07, 2014, 04:26:05 pm »

Jack Catar is interested in these bonus credits.  He participated in the defense of Hephaestus.  As to the dual name thing.  I think I will stick with Jack and chalk Theodore up to problems with being in stasis.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: May 07, 2014, 04:41:05 pm »

Dubley definitely wants his tokens. He participated in the defense, as well as the ship boarding. And he was teamkilled both times.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: May 07, 2014, 04:47:04 pm »

Accidentally.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: May 07, 2014, 04:52:31 pm »

As to the dual name thing.  I think I will stick with Jack and chalk Theodore up to problems with being in stasis.
The what?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: May 07, 2014, 04:55:07 pm »

As to the dual name thing.  I think I will stick with Jack and chalk Theodore up to problems with being in stasis.
The what?
Alarith made a character named Jack. Then he found out there was already a Jack, so he renamed him Theodore. Then he changed the name back to Jack for some reason. Now he's blaming it all on stasis dementia.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: May 07, 2014, 05:01:46 pm »

Since I didn't explicitly say it before, I definitely want some tokens. And if there's enough to go around, I wouldn't mind getting a token or two for Felix's contribution, as well. ;)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: May 07, 2014, 05:22:31 pm »

I'm sure Thaddeus wouldn't mind some of those tokens. Was in the bio-horror, defense of Hephaestus, and ship boarding.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: May 07, 2014, 05:42:01 pm »

I know what I know, but I don't know what you know I know.
Or something like that.

John Galt I know is the patron saint of fetch, enemy to zone x's everywhere, who can split mountains with a whisper, and has a bit of a cult of personality. Any bells rung?

Cause if not beats me. Only one I know.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: May 07, 2014, 05:47:45 pm »

Yep. I'm rather bored right now, so my post coherency is decreasing.
I know, though. Noble family, complicated relationship with women, sense of honor of some sort...
Jobasio.

B-but Jobasio doesn't know nothi- aw who am I kidding.
Clearly, he'll have to kill a vet when captured by a force of UWM soldiers as a way to prove his loyalty to them, then infiltrate their army and bang some UWM chick who eventually shoots him a few times with a gauss rifle as he rides away on a hoverbike. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: May 07, 2014, 06:39:12 pm »

I feel the need to remind you that Grate only recovers from death, not injury. So he won't be able to move in on any spine-breaking gigs, unless Jim is very thorough in his spine-breaking.
I'm not that good with anatomy, but if he breaks his spine high enough, wouldn't that make his lungs stop working?
"C 3,4,5 keeps the diaphragm alive" was what I was taught so fractures at C6 or below ought not to interfere with breathing (though I don't recommend trying it out based on my rather shaky neuroanatomy), there's a reason that a particular fracture at C2 (strictly speaking a fracture of the Pedicles of C2 due to hyperextension of the neck) is called a Hangman's FractureThis is of course assuming that the spinal trauma is all that is inflicted since there's no point preserving the neurological function if the target's lungs are currently filled with blood and sitting six feet away from the rest of the target...

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3520 on: May 07, 2014, 07:28:11 pm »

I feel the need to remind you that Grate only recovers from death, not injury. So he won't be able to move in on any spine-breaking gigs, unless Jim is very thorough in his spine-breaking.
I'm not that good with anatomy, but if he breaks his spine high enough, wouldn't that make his lungs stop working?
"C 3,4,5 keeps the diaphragm alive" was what I was taught so fractures at C6 or below ought not to interfere with breathing (though I don't recommend trying it out based on my rather shaky neuroanatomy), there's a reason that a particular fracture at C2 (strictly speaking a fracture of the Pedicles of C2 due to hyperextension of the neck) is called a Hangman's FractureThis is of course assuming that the spinal trauma is all that is inflicted since there's no point preserving the neurological function if the target's lungs are currently filled with blood and sitting six feet away from the rest of the target...
Ah, I see. A quick wiki walk based on the terms you gave me seems to support what you said. I guess then that with the forces we're dealing with in this game, you're more likely to get decapitated than have your spine broken high enough for your lungs to stop working, since the phrenic nerve indeed starts from C 3-5 which are somewhere above the neck based on this picture: http://www.medicalexhibits.com/obrasky/2007/07017_02A_facets.jpg
Thanks for the info.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: May 07, 2014, 07:38:45 pm »

Or something like that.
John Galt I know is the patron saint of fetch, enemy to zone x's everywhere, who can split mountains with a whisper, and has a bit of a cult of personality. Any bells rung?
Maybe? I'll freely admit that I've never read Atlas Shrugged.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: May 07, 2014, 07:51:12 pm »

Are we listing all the John Galt's we know. I knew this John Galt I lent thirty dollars too, and that punk bitch never paid me back. Though that might have be John Gerald or something.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: May 07, 2014, 10:31:38 pm »

@Corsair: According to the turn, the ships we boarded are already under Steve's control and already fired upon the UWM-controlled ones.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3524 on: May 08, 2014, 10:15:08 am »

Or something like that.
Maybe? I'll freely admit that I've never read Atlas Shrugged.
Probably for the best. You can believe rand's rather hopelessly naive and selfish philosophy all you want, but she really wasn't a good writer. I forget if it's AS or Fountain head where she had like a 70 page conversation between two characters which was basically just her talking straight to the reader, building bad arguments and then knocking them down to make her position look good.  I mean, it was common for books of the kind to do shit like that (The Jungle's last 20 pages was basically just OH GOD I LOVE COMMUNISM SO MUCH! OH GOD!) but that doesn't make it right. Thats why the good social commentary sci-fi blended things relatively seamlessly, your 1984's, brave new worlds, We's, Fahrenheit 451's, etc.

Please see helpful chart

I'm pretty sure Radio knows that I'm still active in ER, but just in case:  Steve Saint wants those bonus tokens!  His first mission was defense of hephaestus, and he got killed by our own cannons in both phases.  >.>
He's had a very fitting career. I feel like, if someone tallied all the deaths in ER, at least 50% would be teammate related.

Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 2205