Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493506 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #3360 on: May 02, 2014, 09:42:28 pm »

So, I had a dream about ER last night.  It's not really interesting, but I kinda want to share.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: May 02, 2014, 10:30:46 pm »

That dream was absurd. You can't fit more than six operatives into the XCOM Skyranger!

And that review has turned me off of Gantz and Homestuck alike. Not that I was reading either, but I've considered both.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: May 03, 2014, 12:50:02 am »

I wonder if killing Xen using Xan is an option...
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: May 03, 2014, 01:01:05 am »

Time travel.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: May 03, 2014, 02:27:39 am »

That dream was absurd. You can't fit more than six operatives into the XCOM Skyranger!

And that review has turned me off of Gantz and Homestuck alike. Not that I was reading either, but I've considered both.
You can carry more than six in the original Xcom. Probably because of the crazy casualty rate in old!Xcom.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: May 03, 2014, 07:45:43 am »

Well, yes, but two considerations:

1. He clearly said it was an XCOM Skyranger. OldCom is "X-COM", not "XCOM".
2. It's not as funny that way.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3366 on: May 03, 2014, 08:05:40 am »

Yes, but you can also fit 6 mech troopers or drones in a skyranger which are larger than a human. So you could, theoretically, fit 8 people in it. It's just a gameplay limitation.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: May 03, 2014, 08:28:27 am »

I imagine that part of the reason space is so cramped in the Skyranger is that you need a lot of safety equipment to safely transport the troops across the world so fast. MEC troopers have that built into their bodies, so they can just pop out the seats like when you need to transport something big in a minivan.
And, again, joke.
Sig

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3368 on: May 03, 2014, 08:32:06 am »

Well, there's the solution to that problem. HMRC wouldn't worry about safety and would probably just stuff as many people as they can in it.  :P

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: May 03, 2014, 08:44:02 am »

Good thing the HMRC didn't run XCOM, then.

Anyways, they'd probably stop once they realized it brought the number of living troopers down significantly.
Sig

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: May 03, 2014, 09:37:03 am »

Quote from: GWG
That wasn't the worst part; see, they didn't deploy all the troops.  There were at least four in the skyranger when it left, which means they could transport twelve or more.

That's probably a good thing.  It got worse.  And it continues to get worse.

You know that theory about how maybe black holes are a portal or something, but we can't tell because of the event horizon?  Well, Gantz is crossing enough event horizons at such a clip, it might just solve that mystery.

Anyways, they'd probably stop once they realized it brought the number of living troopers down significantly.

*Ahem*

Hotdrops.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: May 03, 2014, 10:06:40 am »

((So, finally trying my hand at a Mk-IV-something-suit. So far, what I hope to include:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now, many of these have been worked on before by other people as well, so I apologise for possible infringements in advance. All in all, I intend this to be more of a compilation project rather than pure prototype, tinkered into being for the good of community. Anyone up for a joint project, perhaps?
I also ask what you would like to see in a hypothetical Mk IV. What should be added to the list, and (if you think so) what should be removed?))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: May 03, 2014, 12:37:22 pm »

I would love to be involved with that project.  Ask Saint in-character when he stops being dead.

However, I think it's gonna be impossible to get at 20 tokens.  For one, it has an equal str/end bonus to an Avatar.   Armor is really expensive (See: Milnoplate, which only really qualifies as 'light' in this setting), and you'll probably want to add automanip protection, which is even worse.  A support AI (I'm assuming you're thinking like Halo's Cortana?) Is gonna be nearly useless/impossible; We already have steve, who logically should be entirely better than anything we can make cheaply.  But he's not, for balance reasons.

All that said, I hope it works out.  Suggestions:
Automanip protection.
Auron's Echolocation sensors (Cheap, very very useful for ampers in atmo)

It overlaps with a project I've been thinking about (codenamed 'Waffles') which is an entirely software based upgrade for MK suits and robobodies, which basically allows people to have an in character justification for OOC knowledge.

Also an exoskeleton puppet system.  I'd fund everyone getting a +3 sub-exo long before I'd fund a single Mark IV.  But that's because I play a sociopathic medic. :\

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: May 03, 2014, 12:49:34 pm »

Seems like we have a number of competing suit projects going on. ^_^

Anton's is only barely started so far, but I think he'll do a lot of refining for the design once he actually gets down to it. The Modular Combat Suit really works rather well with the mission fund system - the owner could own just the base suit, and perhaps one of the interchangeable mobility/utility packs, and select a mission pack using the mission fund, without severe expense.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: May 03, 2014, 12:59:02 pm »

And I have my Halberd design.
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 2205