Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492991 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #1830 on: March 22, 2014, 04:53:48 pm »

Jim laughed to himself.
Hmm.  I wonder, when nobody's around to watch, how does Jim laugh?  Does he sit there unmoving like a statue?  Or does he laugh and move like an actual human?

I thought the same thing when I first saw it.
What is it anyway?
It appears to be an animated .gif file, which involves a bird or an airplane or an ornithopter or something. The lighting isn't very good.

I'm pretty sure that it's a large airplane flying through a chaotic storm and being turned into a storm rok.  Or being chased by one- it's hard to tell.

It's certainly pretty though.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: March 22, 2014, 05:22:11 pm »

I dunno. He probably doesn't laugh like I do, though, which is silently. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: March 22, 2014, 05:38:23 pm »

It's a plane, flying through a vortex and turning into a bird, which starts glowing green. Weird.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1833 on: March 22, 2014, 05:42:08 pm »

I think cyborgs act much like humans. Their nerves go to the same muscles, it's just that both the nerves and the muscles are artificial. And being artificial shouldn't matter, since they're supposed to mimic the human body. At worst, they'll be a few errors in the translation of the signals when the cyborg is first activated but, barring some very serious error, the mind should adapt to those defects and they will cease to matter shortly after transformation, much like people adapt to the defects of their biological bodies.

There's, of course, the question of whether or not the extra arms interfere with his actions at all, but I don't think so. Brains are good at adapting.

In short, unless Jim never laughed when he was fully biological (or if he has undergone some major change in his behavior), he will laugh like a normal human. Of course, that begs the question of how does a normal human or Jim laugh. Since not all humans laugh the same way.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 05:46:14 pm by Parisbre56 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: March 22, 2014, 06:35:23 pm »

I was re-reading through a few of the old missions. Missing the good ol' times when Milno and Jim acted more like Bash Brothers during missions.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: March 22, 2014, 06:40:56 pm »

Smurfington is pretty much right.  It's a summon from a game I've been playing.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: March 22, 2014, 07:36:10 pm »

which game?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: March 22, 2014, 08:38:06 pm »

It's called Bravely Default.  It's a lot like Final Fantasy and Square Enix worked on it.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: March 22, 2014, 09:58:47 pm »

In short, unless Jim never laughed when he was fully biological (or if he has undergone some major change in his behavior), he will laugh like a normal human.
Wasn't he originally a bio-engineered soldier or something? It's entirely possible that laughter never came naturally to him.

Is the summon an airplane that turns into a bird, or do you turn an airplane into the bird you're summoning?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: March 22, 2014, 10:49:13 pm »

Is the summon an airplane that turns into a bird, or do you turn an airplane into the bird you're summoning?
The first of those two.  Given the setting of the game I'm not sure why there is a plane, but hey it looks cool.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: March 22, 2014, 11:33:21 pm »

@Laughter talk: Yes, he was, but that doesn't mean he knows absolutely nothing other than shutting up and taking orders - it's merely the 98% majority of his knowledge. Just ask him about zombies. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: March 22, 2014, 11:52:19 pm »

98% soldiering, 0.5% movie monsters, and 1% HMRC-related trauma doesn't leave a lot of room for normal-person stuff.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: March 22, 2014, 11:54:42 pm »

98% isn't an exact figure, y'know. :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: March 23, 2014, 12:00:14 am »

In short, unless Jim never laughed when he was fully biological (or if he has undergone some major change in his behavior), he will laugh like a normal human.
Wasn't he originally a bio-engineered soldier or something? It's entirely possible that laughter never came naturally to him.
It did. I know.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: March 23, 2014, 12:06:29 am »

Is true. Jim laughs here as well. Not sure if there's an earlier instance.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 2205