Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494407 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #1651 on: March 14, 2014, 05:16:55 pm »

Spoiler: ooc for gwg (click to show/hide)
Don't try to understand the minds of us munchkins, dude. Doesn't end well.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: March 14, 2014, 05:23:45 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: March 14, 2014, 05:28:40 pm »

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: March 14, 2014, 05:32:36 pm »

Can we all stop bitching at U_P, so he can stop trying to justify his actions when none of us are buying his reasons? Really guys, we're just going to keep going in circles on this and it's annoying to those of us who hate endless arguments that accomplish nothing. If he wants to attempt to collect loot and get horribly permakilled because he's not murdering the enemy forces that's his own damn fault. And if he gets someone else killed because of his tendencies, then we'll deal with him when it happens.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 05:35:32 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1655 on: March 14, 2014, 05:33:38 pm »

Can we all stop bitching at U_P, so he can stop trying to justify his actions when none of us are buying his reasons? Really guys. If he wants to attempt to collect loot and get horribly permakilled because he's not murdering the enemy forces that's his own damn fault. And if he gets someone else killed because of his tendencies, then we'll deal with him when it happens.
This
+1
Let the man do whatever he wants and play however he wants. If something happens, we'll deal with it IC.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 05:35:12 pm by Parisbre56 »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: March 14, 2014, 05:42:00 pm »

Yeah, but they'd have wings and beaks and sqwak and stuff.
"What do you mean 'it's not a parrot'? So what if it's full of tentacles? It has a beak, doesn't it?"
May I sig this please?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: March 14, 2014, 05:45:38 pm »

"What do you mean 'it's not a parrot'? So what if it's full of tentacles? It has a beak, doesn't it?"
May I sig this please?
Yeah sure. At least my quote.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: March 14, 2014, 05:57:34 pm »

You know what would be cool? Munchkin, the card game, as a forum game. One could send secret pm's to other player to forge alliances, lie about having certain cards, backstab at every turn... Knowing the Bay 12 community (especially the Mafia players among you) it'd be glorious.

Clearly you giant robot overlords need synthflesh parrot attachments.
But only if they make sarcastic or disturbing comments. Like the CE's parrot in SS13.

Or you can pay me. I'll grow you guys parrots for a token each or something.
And for an extra token I'll give them small nukes or namite grenades to drop on enemies. Death from above!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1659 on: March 14, 2014, 06:08:39 pm »

May I sig this please?
Sure.
Also, I approve of RC's suggestion.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: March 14, 2014, 09:36:32 pm »

...Actually, Wikipedia says Ornithopters are more efficient than helicopters.  It's saying the same about fixed-wing, but it's not really giving reasons why.
Well, it sounds obvious, but helicopters are really fuel-inefficient. Useful bit of trivia I read.

...ARM should really develop a man-portable heat seeking weapon, considering how much the UWM's aerial units rely on rockets.  I'll add it to my tinker projects list, I guess...
+1

Or you can pay me. I'll grow you guys parrots for a token each or something.
Nothing to say here that hasn't been said, but...

Verily. Not to mention that other peoples' enjoyment of the game doesn't factor into his theory.
Nor does how the fourth affects the first two.

Can we all stop bitching at U_P, so he can stop trying to justify his actions when none of us are buying his reasons? Really guys, we're just going to keep going in circles on this and it's annoying to those of us who hate endless arguments that accomplish nothing. If he wants to attempt to collect loot and get horribly permakilled because he's not murdering the enemy forces that's his own damn fault. And if he gets someone else killed because of his tendencies, then we'll deal with him when it happens.
It's one thing when he's getting himself in danger, it's another when he complains enough that looting policies are changed in his favor, and it's a third still when he tries to get other people to take risks so he can be a magpie.

You know what would be cool? Munchkin, the card game, as a forum game. One could send secret pm's to other player to forge alliances, lie about having certain cards, backstab at every turn... Knowing the Bay 12 community (especially the Mafia players among you) it'd be glorious.
The GM needing to keep track of hands and stuff would be a pain.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: March 14, 2014, 09:56:18 pm »

Here's the deal, GWG. I don't care how he plays. That's his business up until he actually does get someone killed. At the same time, I don't care if he bitches that we're killing all the enemies. That's how we're playing. Let him have his own set of priorities. If the GM has a problem with it, then piecewise will have Steve dole out an appropriate punishment to the guy who is not following orders and doing things that endanger his teammates for personal gain. If piecewise does not have a problem with it, then whatever, as long as he isn't bothering people.

All I'm saying is he doesn't need to make concessions to us since he's not actively stopping anyone from enjoying the game, and we don't have to make concessions to him either - if anyone wants to go with his plan of non-lethal attacks, that's their own choice. As for loot, I'm of the opinion that whoever does the most damage keeps the loot. That's how Cael and I split it when Erik got killed - we both did damage to him, we divided the spoils (arms and their contents) fairly even though I got the killing blow. Everyone needs to stop pissing and moaning about 'muh lootz', and frankly anyone who automatically assumes veterans are going to be selfish and greedy is being so themselves. Really, Jim is one of the most generous people in game. No one else has lent out nearly as many tokens to newer characters as he has - which is sort of a terrible investment considering how easily they could get killed - and hasn't asked for interest once, only the equal return of how many he gave (and I think there was one time I just let the guy keep 'em). That and his presence aboard probably keeps many new players safe from people who would kill them for their tokens if there wasn't someone around to make sure they'd never get a chance to spend them. Milno is fair as well. Might I remind everyone of the time he awarded tokens in place of Steve to the top performers on a mission he led? And I doubt Miyamoto is going to screw people over for shinies so all three of the generals aren't selfish bastards, even if two of them are Bastards. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: March 14, 2014, 10:18:13 pm »

I'm not asking for concessions from UP. I'm asking that he stop asking for concessions from us.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: March 14, 2014, 10:22:52 pm »

Then simply ignore his requests when they put people at risk. It's not hard.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: March 14, 2014, 10:29:17 pm »

Am I supposed to remain silent? How will UP know that we're not going to put up with his stuff then?
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 2205