Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493627 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #1470 on: March 08, 2014, 01:57:21 pm »

What did my con roll accomplish?
I got a 4+2 while trying to shoot enemies in the sky but I didn't see the result of that in the turn.

Flint Westwood - Team G

"Bombardment... Come down here and fight us face to face you yellow bastards!"

@Milno:"Sir, suggest we assign a wizard to cast buffs on the catapult. Er, I meant an amp user to shield the laser battery."

Do not do any of the following action if team leader (Milno) objects:

If there are dangerous projectiles heading towards the laser battery and I could do something to help, try to  do that and stop them. Use mining laser, push them with my rockets, fire red mode, punch them with a kinetic punch, whatever it takes.

Else:
Get in the air and start killing enemies with Mining Laser and Violet Mode. Try to stay near the ships and fliers so that we can watch each other's backs.
Also try to focus fire and kill enemies over important targets like the Laser Battery and Sword so that they can't attack them from above.
Give anyone who asks for a ride a ride.

[con:4+2]
Well, thats gonna be effective.
Did that con roll do anything? Did I manage to kill any of those drones before they landed or something like that?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 03:10:26 pm by Parisbre56 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: March 08, 2014, 02:19:00 pm »

Herp, if I knew those things could be shot out of the skies I'd have had Milno open fire on them. As always, hindsight is 20/20.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: March 08, 2014, 02:46:05 pm »

I was envisioning something less manhack and more Predator in regards to drones. If I knew they were tiny terrordrones, I'd probably have the ships move in and fire too. Well, we'll see how this goes now.

Or not. How long did PW say he'll have to do a hiatus for?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: March 08, 2014, 02:47:37 pm »

A week, I believe.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: March 08, 2014, 03:42:44 pm »

Can we get some sort of relative, subjective power level estimate gauge reading on each of the characters? Because what I've been reading so far is that some people are threatening other people who are a lot stronger than they are. Unholy's character is a bit of a vet, but nothing I've read has indicated that he's anywhere near Miya/Simus level raw power.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: March 08, 2014, 05:14:44 pm »

Can we get some sort of relative, subjective power level estimate gauge reading on each of the characters? Because what I've been reading so far is that some people are threatening other people who are a lot stronger than they are. Unholy's character is a bit of a vet, but nothing I've read has indicated that he's anywhere near Miya/Simus level raw power.
We need power levels so someone can make the Vegeta joke.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: March 08, 2014, 05:18:50 pm »

Stacy, Team BF Platypus

It's time to use the MFM, yeah!

If I can, heat up one or more of the explosive-looking killbots up by whatever seems like a reasonable amount of kelvins. Hope they explode and take other killbots with them.

Everyone cross your appendages.
Sig! Onol

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: March 08, 2014, 05:20:03 pm »

Didn't Stacy swear never to use a manipulator again after what he did during the fight against Professor X?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: March 08, 2014, 05:23:18 pm »

Maybe we could get an estimate in the form of a ratio of "threat to enemies" versus "threat to self and allies". This would put Stacy, for instance, on the low end of the power scale, while somebody like Miyamoto or Jim would rank pretty highly.

Everyone cross your appendages.

I predict that everyone is going to die, as that would be the most entertaining resolution to the whole thing.

Didn't Stacy swear never to use a manipulator again after what he did during the fight against Professor X?

He did, but his memory's pretty faulty, as is his attention span. He's pretty much forgotten who Grate even was by this point, and the passage of time makes him think of things he does remember more positively in retrospect. Also, he swore off manipulators after the Ice-9 mission as well. He's just not very good at keeping promises, we can conclude.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 05:26:09 pm by Harry Baldman »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: March 08, 2014, 05:39:10 pm »

We need power levels so someone can make the Vegeta joke.
I promise, my next shot with the number gun will be 9001.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: March 08, 2014, 06:56:28 pm »

These yes because they are basically the exact conditions miyamoto gave me for fielding the thundertron, but the rest no.
By applying the conditions he applied to me Miyamoto was responsible for the artillery installation just as i was responsible for the thundertron. But Simus shares responsibility as its spotter because radio stated that taviks jack will share my responsibility due to being the thundertrons pilot.
That segment was a subtle dig at radio rather than casting blame at simus.
Wait, a subtle dig? Well, then I completely missed that.

First though, never use the conditions Miya gave for the suicide bot as any basis of comparison whatsoever. That was just the only way I could possibly see to not have to stomp on people's fun without proverbially spitting in Simus' face. That solution cannot be used as any sort of precedent either. I did it for OOC reasons (not being a killjoy) but that's it. Seriously, I was this (imagine my thumb and index finger half a cm apart) close to scrapping the entire thing and not giving it a single RU. And had there been  no other players involved in making that thing, it'd be a goner for sure.
You are in the control room with artillery that up until now has apparently been computer operated, pretty sure you could swing an aux bonus if the spotter had one.
Nope. Unless PW didn't tell us about a mechanic, that ain't happening. We don't even know if he'll allow us to have the artillery charge a bonus, so that is baseless conjecture.

then took a jab at radio because of his insult to my glorius creation despite the fact his artillery emplacements were actively killing us all.
Those emplacements also killed a butload of enemies. The rust 9000 has only fired into our own bunker up till now, and that's it.

Really, I am sorry for the people who won't get to participate in the mission anymore due to some really bad luck, but I still think investing RU into those guns was a good idea. We couldn't know the odds were this bad (we didn't know the exact game mechanisms they used till it was too late) and if we are allowed to charge that bonus it shouldn't come up again, hopefully. Maybe PW will be nice and let you join the boarding parties in robobodies.

I'd've kept the batteries to long range fire after blowing up one of the bunkers and killing someone. The reason I said nothing is threefold
There was no long-range fire, they dropped in on top of our heads. Go read it again, the drop pods almost came close enough we could read the serial number.
Elseif, the RNG is a bastard, and I still want to explode those computers and falcon punch something.
Now that is something I can get behind.

Harry's snip
Yes, but we won't have anything to do till PW returns. And if we can't argue petty crap on the internet, then what are we here for anyways  :P

Ahem, either way, one needs to remember the difference between something being your direct fault (you are the cause of it) and being responsible. For example, if I were to organize the world cup in an outdoor sport (say, competitive 200m wedgie) and it rains that day, ruining it. That ain't my fault, I'm not a weather god. But it is my responsibility. So if a sod under your command shoots a guy, you are indeed responsible, regardless of you being punished or berated for it.

Oh, and Harry, please make sure Miya doesn't see you with that manip. He promised he'd make him eat any manip he saw Stacy with, and I wouldn't want to find out if those are edible. Though it'd be interesting, for sure.

Herp, if I knew those things could be shot out of the skies I'd have had Milno open fire on them. As always, hindsight is 20/20.
Yep, same here. I kinda thought the laser would do it, but eh, now we can shoot us some uppity scout drones.
iCan we get some sort of relative, subjective power level estimate gauge reading on each of the characters? Because what I've been reading so far is that some people are threatening other people
Chillax man (do kids say that these days?), nobody is threatening anybody. Just having a nice little flamewar. Welcome to the internet!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: March 08, 2014, 07:20:03 pm »

Can we get some sort of relative, subjective power level estimate gauge reading on each of the characters? Because what I've been reading so far is that some people are threatening other people
Chillax man (do kids say that these days?), nobody is threatening anybody. Just having a nice little flamewar. Welcome to the internet!
[/quote]

Spoiler: No Threats (click to show/hide)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: March 08, 2014, 07:22:34 pm »

Copious amounts of no threats.

For mine, I really doubt I'll end up acting on any of them though.
Sig! Onol

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: March 08, 2014, 07:49:36 pm »

Eh, those are OOC 'threats', I don't take those seriously. When characters actually get into a standoff in-game, then we're talking. It's all been harmless banter up till now as far as I'm concerned. However,

BOW BOW BOW BOW WAKAAAAAAAA FLOCK BRICK SQUAD
Say whu?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: March 08, 2014, 07:54:05 pm »

Harry's snip
Yes, but we won't have anything to do till PW returns. And if we can't argue petty crap on the internet, then what are we here for anyways  :P

Ahem, either way, one needs to remember the difference between something being your direct fault (you are the cause of it) and being responsible. For example, if I were to organize the world cup in an outdoor sport (say, competitive 200m wedgie) and it rains that day, ruining it. That ain't my fault, I'm not a weather god. But it is my responsibility. So if a sod under your command shoots a guy, you are indeed responsible, regardless of you being punished or berated for it.

Oh, and Harry, please make sure Miya doesn't see you with that manip. He promised he'd make him eat any manip he saw Stacy with, and I wouldn't want to find out if those are edible. Though it'd be interesting, for sure.

Oh everythings edible... just as Grate proved earlier Manips probably fall under the heading of "not edible more than once
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 2205