Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2490565 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #1200 on: February 28, 2014, 11:53:54 am »

I can't overshoot; got that decomp. Are you at the same location as Anton and I? Because if so, maybe you should focus on the lesser enemies. :P

I also have a pretty good chance of not failing with +2 Exo and I think 1/3rd chance of another +1, so...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 11:56:00 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: February 28, 2014, 12:11:38 pm »

I'm on Lars' team, on the other side of the shipyard from you. I can't switch targets, though, because that wouldn't make sense, given what Felix knows. And yeah, I was mostly talking about me when I said I hoped one of us failed the roll. :P

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: February 28, 2014, 12:51:24 pm »

I'm on Lars' team, on the other side of the shipyard from you. I can't switch targets, though, because that wouldn't make sense, given what Felix knows. And yeah, I was mostly talking about me when I said I hoped one of us failed the roll. :P
If you're on exactly the other side of the shipyard, then what you really must be worried about are stray lightningbolts. Anton has historically been proven to be a terrible shot, even if he was gradually getting better.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: February 28, 2014, 03:03:39 pm »

You could just swap from cooling to heating.

Not that it really matters if you succeed, because if Jim succeeds, that battlesuit pilot is dead. A positive difference of less than 10 degrees Celsius is a medical emergency and can result in death. Jim's using a positive 1649 degrees Celsius change.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: February 28, 2014, 03:17:33 pm »

((I'm not sure whether other team leaders also get the same intell Miya is getting, so that was more for making sure Milno had the IC knowledge than Miya giving an actual order (since ha was pretty much already doing what Miya wanted anyway).))

I'm considering just Steve's info at the bottom of the post as sent to all team leaders. Milno got the information about Bunker 2's demise through Faith.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: February 28, 2014, 03:28:22 pm »

Can the laser batteries hit ground targets like an 88 anti-air gun? That would solve a lot of problems.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: February 28, 2014, 04:20:35 pm »

Can the laser batteries hit ground targets like an 88 anti-air gun? That would solve a lot of problems.

Maybe, but then that battery isn't shooting drop pods out of the sky, so we'd be screwed a few turns later.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: February 28, 2014, 04:22:45 pm »

You could just swap from cooling to heating.

That would still be using meta-knowledge. There's no perceivable reason for Felix to suddenly switch to heating things. :/

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: February 28, 2014, 04:26:43 pm »

Wouldn't the sudden switch from cooling to heating explode the thing?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: February 28, 2014, 04:30:44 pm »

IIRC that's only glass that does that- though his cockpit suddenly blowing out can't be a good thing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: February 28, 2014, 05:02:24 pm »

You're assuming that the Battlesuit won't melt/blow if just the Sod dies.
No im not, i know that there is a 100% chance of it exploding if i kill the sod, thats why im trying to render the exo-sods unconscious instead of killing them outright.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: February 28, 2014, 05:26:00 pm »

Well, that was anti-climactic. I was expecting Felix to be dead of a feedback event or something. :D

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: February 28, 2014, 05:31:59 pm »

Feels like we are playing on easy mode.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: February 28, 2014, 05:34:19 pm »

That was the 'scout party'. They'll be sending in their truly heavy hitters now, but now they know our defenses and positions.

This party hasn't even started.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1214 on: February 28, 2014, 05:46:36 pm »

That was the 'scout party'. They'll be sending in their truly heavy hitters now, but now they know our defenses and positions.

This party hasn't even started.
Or should we say that this last group is the last of the first wave of invaders.

Also, you can thank the defenses for that. There were 50 shuttles originally. Without the laser batteries and such you'd be dealing with 5 times as many attackers.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 2205