Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2489517 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #1155 on: February 27, 2014, 06:26:09 pm »

[Aux:3+1]

You pick up your arm and sort of half jam, half duct tape it on. It...sorta works?
How exactly is this aux and not handiwork? I thought that aux was for operating stuff and handiwork was for repairing stuff.
I'm not complaining, the roll would've turned out the same either way. Just a bit confused.
It was actually a handiwork roll. I just mislabeled it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: February 27, 2014, 06:34:24 pm »

With Bunkers 2 and 3 gone, things get more complicated. I think I'll have Milno engage the fliers coming from North and redirect Faith and Lyra to take care of the sods moving towards the Aurora/towers.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: February 27, 2014, 08:47:13 pm »

:-\

Get well soon, Cael.
Same. Get well soon, you! D:

Also thanks for the recap. Now to recap.  :-[

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: February 27, 2014, 09:04:46 pm »

Yeah, hope you feel better.

Meanwhile:
((It wouldn't be ER if basically all the deaths weren't friendly fire or something close to it.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: February 27, 2014, 09:23:43 pm »

Brother Lars - Team D Leader

((It wouldn't be ER if the first team death wasn't friendly fire.))

Lars sends a message across Team Leader chat as he moved forward.  "This is Brother Lars of D.  There are Sods in the shipyard, putting explosives on the ship.  We are eliminating them.   About a dozen hostiles, including a battlesuit.  We may need at least one support from above."

Switching his coms, Lars radioed his team as he crouched into position.  "Brothers, we fight now in the light of Steve.  They likely won't blow the ships when they're mixed in them, so we need to eliminate them swiftly.  With the grace of Ingram, fire!"

Engage targets, starting with exo-suit Sods.  Our Sods attack as well.  Take care not to hit ships.

Anyone else think that the Sods probably aren't the only ones with the triggers on those explosives, and that whoever else does won't care if they blow the Sods up, if it takes out our air force?

Speaking of our air force, why was it not in the air already? We should've at least parked it out of the way, if not had it in the air and ready to go when the UWM forces landed.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: February 27, 2014, 09:31:54 pm »

Anyone else think that the Sods probably aren't the only ones with the triggers on those explosives, and that whoever else does won't care if they blow the Sods up, if it takes out our air force?

Speaking of our air force, why was it not in the air already? We should've at least parked it out of the way, if not had it in the air and ready to go when the UWM forces landed.
What's our air force currently consist of, anyway?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: February 27, 2014, 09:33:58 pm »

You're probably right, which makes this situation hairy.  I considered chucking that EMP grenade I picked up at them but that'd just disable our air force for them.

They could also just be timed charges- or both timed and remote, with Sod detonation and commander in the ship detonation.

Despite this, we seem to have a handle on this wave.  Wonder what else they'll throw at us?

PPE:  Irony:  Clicky.  Basically, six cobbled together ships.

Spoiler: Ships (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: February 27, 2014, 09:42:27 pm »

More battlesuits? Actual people with Amps and manipulators?

Enough Sods to constitute our continued use of Maxim 20?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 09:46:00 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: February 27, 2014, 10:02:42 pm »

We can't help it if we're expendable.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: February 27, 2014, 10:03:42 pm »

Wait.
Guys my thinking is really slow right now. What do you think I should do, just so I have advice?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: February 27, 2014, 10:09:06 pm »

Wait.
Guys my thinking is really slow right now. What do you think I should do, just so I have advice?
I would suggest leaving at least two people in the tunnel to provide early warning/defense, and have one person go out to help with the fighting.

Yes, this continues considering us expendable, but it really helps us keep a perimeter and awareness, I think. If you guys have better ideas, please put them forward.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: February 27, 2014, 10:12:38 pm »

Technically, you shouldn't know it was friendly fire, but that's a minor quibble.

Your action looks plenty logical to me, though it may take some work to get unburied.  You may be better off going the other way down the tunnel and popping out another bunker- if so, 3 is a decent choice since they have heavy numbers headed their way.

I don't think they're going to dig out the bunker- just assume you're dead and go on.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1167 on: February 27, 2014, 10:14:17 pm »

We could have our cyborg samurai take care of the shipyard bombs with his super speed, superman style.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: February 27, 2014, 10:15:50 pm »

I think I'm just going to hang out and wait for Sean to assess the situation, since Anton and Jim are in the same place.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: February 27, 2014, 10:20:57 pm »

Technically, you shouldn't know it was friendly fire, but that's a minor quibble.

Your action looks plenty logical to me, though it may take some work to get unburied.  You may be better off going the other way down the tunnel and popping out another bunker- if so, 3 is a decent choice since they have heavy numbers headed their way.

I don't think they're going to dig out the bunker- just assume you're dead and go on.
Well, I IC know that the other side doesn't have artillery and we got fucked with an artillery shell. I'll do what you suggested, though, as I think Steve announced that the group attacking F turned toward the auroara.
My turn'll be edited in several (read 3-5) hours.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 2205