Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487994 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #885 on: February 19, 2014, 06:43:17 pm »

How much does a full-on Namite thrower cost token wise, or do you know? I had an earlier idea of making small one-shot cartriges to clip to a rifle, to have a cheap, effective way of burninating a particularly troublesome foe. Not exactly helpful after that, but it might cut the cost enough to be worth taking it as a "just in case" weapon, instead of the larger thrower.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: February 19, 2014, 06:48:48 pm »

How much does a full-on Namite thrower cost token wise, or do you know? I had an earlier idea of making small one-shot cartriges to clip to a rifle, to have a cheap, effective way of burninating a particularly troublesome foe. Not exactly helpful after that, but it might cut the cost enough to be worth taking it as a "just in case" weapon, instead of the larger thrower.

Not a clue, nobody has ever bought one, the one currently used by various people is the prototype Pan got from Steve. I then bought that of of him, then lended it out to people.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: February 19, 2014, 07:29:10 pm »

I have indeed posted my timeskip action. Top post on page 479 of the on-ship thread, using 50 posts/page.

And a potential improvement to namite exists with Grate's thermite'.
My thoughts exactly. Although I'd like to upgrade the napalm, too.
...Jellied ununpentium?
Spoiler: Explanation (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: February 19, 2014, 10:09:19 pm »

The Bastards are back!
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: February 19, 2014, 10:59:42 pm »

They live, kinda, for the most part. Ivan is probably sitting within a cage made entirely of doors right now.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: February 20, 2014, 07:20:58 am »

Thomas decides to become a real asset to the revolution.
Much better than being a virtual asset.
I'm here all night, folks.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: February 20, 2014, 07:43:19 am »

Thomas decides to become a real asset to the revolution.
Much better than being a virtual asset.
I'm here all night, folks.
Or an imaginary asset. Though a rational asset is preferable.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: February 20, 2014, 08:27:14 am »

Not a clue, nobody has ever bought one, the one currently used by various people is the prototype Pan got from Steve. I then bought that of of him, then lended it out to people.
Well heres a partial quote from when i made my WW2 style flamethrower which should be pretty similar cost wise.
As per the flamethrower, it by itself, empty, would
be very cheap since it has pretty much no complex
parts or lasers or anything; it's just tubes and
containers. Think like 2 token. But the fuel is
another thing entirely. Neotherm is very powerful
and not cheap stuff in bulk. For a good sized tank
of the components you'd be talking 5-6 tokens.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: February 20, 2014, 08:44:54 am »

There you go- two tokens is enough for people to stock up on them and then get Miya to be our fuel pump.  Right, giant robot buddy?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: February 20, 2014, 08:56:19 am »

There you go- two tokens is enough for people to stock up on them and then get Miya to be our fuel pump.  Right, giant robot buddy?
Best idea! Quick radio alter your timeskip action to constantly make neotherm canisters :D
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: February 20, 2014, 09:42:29 am »

Get the lab boys to install a nozzle in your arm!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: February 20, 2014, 11:45:13 am »

I have indeed posted my timeskip action. Top post on page 479 of the on-ship thread, using 50 posts/page.

And a potential improvement to namite exists with Grate's thermite'.
My thoughts exactly. Although I'd like to upgrade the napalm, too.
...Jellied ununpentium?
Spoiler: Explanation (click to show/hide)

To be fair though, you just used a different fuel in the thermite (instead of the regular iron, which I think Pan's mix uses?) and really, the only way to know if any of the fuel mixes we try would actually work would be to test them, which obviously isn't happening (sadly).

By the way, for that dicyanoacetylene idea: http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=21743   might give some inspiration in that direction.

Best idea! Quick radio alter your timeskip action to constantly make neotherm canisters :D
Yeeaaaah, no. Pretty sure that counts as powergaming, and I'm afraid of Nyars. And his bat.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: February 20, 2014, 11:50:30 am »

He'd break his bat on you giant robot overlord knee!

But yeah, I agree that'd be troublesome in large doses.  A field refill is another story, of course.

In any case, a cheaper fuel would be a good thing to find.

Pyro:  You may have missed it, but I'm interested in the specs/costs of your launcher.  What do the cheap grenades cost?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: February 20, 2014, 12:00:20 pm »

He'd break his bat on you giant robot overlord knee!

Nyars once knocked someone out by hitting him in the head. That person was in a full robot body.

Don't ask me how he does it, but there's something about him and his bat that makes me shiver. Maybe the bat is made out of metamaterials...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: February 20, 2014, 12:47:14 pm »

To be fair though, you just used a different fuel in the thermite (instead of the regular iron, which I think Pan's mix uses?) and really, the only way to know if any of the fuel mixes we try would actually work would be to test them, which obviously isn't happening (sadly).
piecewise pretty heavily implied that they would work if I had a way of dispersing them.

By the way, for that dicyanoacetylene idea: http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=21743   might give some inspiration in that direction.
Indeed?

Don't ask me how he does it, but there's something about him and his bat that makes me shiver. Maybe the bat is made out of metamaterials...
Probably.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 2205