Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 567 568 [569] 570 571 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491894 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #8520 on: August 27, 2014, 08:19:45 pm »

Daaamn
I just understood that, given your preferences and weapons you currently have, you could just as well just go straight for a Chimera gun Mk I (gauss rifle merged with laser rifle for shared power input and increased&varied firepower)
My, it's been quite a long time since I last looked it up :)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8521 on: August 27, 2014, 08:31:54 pm »

Nah, on the versatilty front, it's suprisingly handy to be able to lend a team mate a weapon. Need bigger guns, not more of them rolled into one. A civ pistol might not do much, but it's one of those things you're prepared to lend to someone, because it does more than fists.

Bigger lazor I think. Or rather, recharging lazor, so the whole ammo problem (or the can't fire indiscriminately/use as a can-opener problem) goes away. Depending on what it costs, I might armour up a bit with Milno plate. Or buy some medical supplies. Me or someone else might need them.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 08:35:38 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8522 on: August 27, 2014, 08:39:13 pm »

Need bigger guns, not more of them rolled into one.

Spoiler: ? (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8523 on: August 27, 2014, 08:43:56 pm »

@sambojin, on the big guns front, I'm working on something that's as big as you can get without vehicle mounting. Bugger needs an exoskeleton to lug around :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8524 on: August 27, 2014, 08:48:50 pm »

@toaster Exactly. There's no way I'd lend some noob scrub an awesome piece of machinery like that. Actually, I probably wouldn't lend them the pistol either, unless I really needed to. Might just sell it for more gubbins and ammo and stuff.

@tryrar That's the pinch really. Everything good costs heaps or needs heaps of stuff to use it. I'll stick with unlimited pew-pew for now, and scale up if I survive another mission or two.

So any tinkerers have an idea of what a recharging laser rifle costs?
It's a game. Have fun.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8525 on: August 27, 2014, 08:52:22 pm »

Well, I'm assuming as much as a PSL for balance reasons. Give it a bit, and Sean will have the FEL(free electron laser) ready for you to try if you can wait
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8526 on: August 27, 2014, 08:59:55 pm »

Well, I've got the rifle already. I'm kind of assuming 2-3 for a generator (a reasonable one), 1-2 for capacitors and circuits. So maybe 4-5 tokens all up for the mod.

Sort of a tool-weapon. Like the rest of the crap I carry really. Need to get more gaffer tape though......
It's a game. Have fun.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8527 on: August 27, 2014, 09:44:49 pm »

@toaster Exactly. There's no way I'd lend some noob scrub an awesome piece of machinery like that. Actually, I probably wouldn't lend them the pistol either, unless I really needed to. Might just sell it for more gubbins and ammo and stuff.

@tryrar That's the pinch really. Everything good costs heaps or needs heaps of stuff to use it. I'll stick with unlimited pew-pew for now, and scale up if I survive another mission or two.

So any tinkerers have an idea of what a recharging laser rifle costs?
4 tokens.
Either you buy a gauss generator and a capacitor bank to install or you buy both guns and tack them together with 4 inches of wire, your choice which though.

If your feeling particularly cheap and dont mind a cable hitting you in the arm every two seconds you could probably get away with running a cable directly from your suit to a rechargeable battery for a total of 3 tokens. Shits bulky and likely to get severed moment the shit hits the fan though.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 09:50:37 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8528 on: August 27, 2014, 09:51:46 pm »

Bargain. Now I just hope we've got someone with reasonable handywork that offers on-ship to do it, or I'll just hope for the roll to work.

Might opt for double capicitance/batteries (an extra token?) so it has a bit of burst-iness. Same recharge, just more lazor juice in the tank.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 09:55:19 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8529 on: August 27, 2014, 09:58:38 pm »

Are dynamic Handi bonuses a thing that's allowed in that situation?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8530 on: August 27, 2014, 10:06:24 pm »

If you grab a gauss rifle to cannibalize you get a generator, capacitor bank and one or two charging circuits which you can use to store an extra burst. Plus you can combine the frames so the new rifle can run off of both batteries and its generator

If you want faster bursts id say grab an extra/stronger generator rather than more capacitors.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8531 on: August 27, 2014, 10:10:40 pm »

@Yoink. Not sure. There's plenty of time to do it, VR the design even (although tinker is still shutdown isn't it?), so anyone with a natural +1 will do. But floating +/-1 will stop major fails.

Anyway, simple design. Has all the normal laser rifle nobs, recharges, has a bit of juice in the tank. Probably 5 tokens I reckon.

Hope someone offers to make it for a token or so, otherwise I'll d6 it and hope I don't break my rifle. Not sure if original bits + rifle are better than scavenged bits + rifle. Either way, I'll blow some tokens for it. I've got two civvy grade gauss generators on me, but they're shit. I'll work out something between me, the AM and some poor bastard in the next few turns.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 10:15:47 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8532 on: August 27, 2014, 10:22:50 pm »

I'l make it for a token. +1 handi.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8533 on: August 27, 2014, 10:26:16 pm »

Well, if you're in the rec room, damn well answer.
It's a game. Have fun.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8534 on: August 27, 2014, 10:29:05 pm »

I'm in tinker, I'll be done in a turn or 2.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 567 568 [569] 570 571 ... 2205