Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491729 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #8505 on: August 27, 2014, 11:52:51 am »

Talking of which, how likely to not be hostilized by the crew do you think your characters are? In my case, the whole arm-munching thing may be detrimental.
I'm not sure if the crew would care about Gorat much one way or the other, but on the whole... slightly negative? Thanks to wrecking the rec room once? Conflicted about him helping to keep the ghost ship from rampaging through the galaxy, thus keeping it in the hands of our enemy? Disliking his self-professed cowardice? Astonished that he wasn't among those temp-killed by Ivan? I don't know, but I guess slightly negative among those who would care sounds about right. If they even really know about Gorat. He hasn't been on many missions.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8506 on: August 27, 2014, 01:50:26 pm »

Sounds about right.

You know you're dependent on your equipment when nearly all your contributions to the wiki had to do with your MkIII suit in a way or another.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8507 on: August 27, 2014, 02:06:34 pm »

@Beirus: Cyborgs might have easily detachable limbs. Jason should try asking around first before doing amateur amputations.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8508 on: August 27, 2014, 02:07:53 pm »

"Most likely not work. Reject. Perhaps attempt to assimilate." He suddenly cocks his head, as though realizing something and then looks at you. "Attempt to assimilate. Possible. Might survive if biomass maintained. Unknown side effects. Pascal quicksilver use might stabilize..." He looks away and starts tapping on his data pad. "Cross reference Operations Ardent Reverie, Eburnine,  Atavistic Herald, Ivy Crown and Pascal with Beat-all tech systems. Micro robotic artificial bioorganic maintenance protocols..."

RUN MESK RUN
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8509 on: August 27, 2014, 02:08:19 pm »

So...would anybody like to volunteer to let Jason cut a limb off them? It's for a good cause. Think of all the flesh horrors that could be pulped with the Shackle. I wonder if robot arms count for the challenge, otherwise I would ask one of the resident cyborgs. Or maybe I could cut the arm off of Synth-Steve. Although that could end poorly. Maybe I could cut off Dubley ' s arm while he's in Tinker.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #8510 on: August 27, 2014, 02:09:48 pm »

So...would anybody like to volunteer to let Jason cut a limb off them? It's for a good cause. Think of all the flesh horrors that could be pulped with the Shackle. I wonder if robot arms count for the challenge. Or maybe I could cut the arm off of Synth-Steve. Although that could end poorly.
I volunteer my character in the name of science.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8511 on: August 27, 2014, 02:10:41 pm »

So...would anybody like to volunteer to let Jason cut a limb off them? It's for a good cause. Think of all the flesh horrors that could be pulped with the Shackle. I wonder if robot arms count for the challenge. Or maybe I could cut the arm off of Synth-Steve. Although that could end poorly.
I volunteer my character in the name of science.
I don't think Steve would let me go down to Kano to cut your arm off.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8512 on: August 27, 2014, 02:13:33 pm »

Ask Steve if you can cut one of his off.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8513 on: August 27, 2014, 02:32:32 pm »

I might go editing character pages tomorrow on wiki using this as a model. It looks pretty good on my screen, especially when table of content is visible.
What do you guys think? Looks good?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #8514 on: August 27, 2014, 02:58:51 pm »

I might go editing character pages tomorrow on wiki using this as a model. It looks pretty good on my screen, especially when table of content is visible.
What do you guys think? Looks good?
Looks good. You're just editing the layout, right? Not messing with anything else?

And, if I can make an irrelevant suggestion, why not take one point from intuition and put it in exotic?

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8515 on: August 27, 2014, 06:54:02 pm »

@Hapah. I've got a civilian gauss pistol and a civilian gauss sniper still from the same mission. Sambo would sell one of them, probably for a token. Ammo's probably pretty cheap too (the pistol carries 14 rounds, the rifle is yet to be decided).

Oh, and it's my left arm that is robotic. But I'm right handed. Might be good to know if I lose an arm again. I'll update my wiki page and fill out my description a bit (have PC access today).

Still not sure which way to go, a mkII suit and some ammo for the laser rifle, or souping up the rifle with 4-5 tokens worth of gubbins. Survival or death-lazor? Suggestions?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 07:36:29 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8516 on: August 27, 2014, 07:52:50 pm »

Ohh! I remember that robot arm! I remember because it was hilarious :D

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8517 on: August 27, 2014, 07:55:29 pm »

Talking of which, how likely to not be hostilized by the crew do you think your characters are? In my case, the whole arm-munching thing may be detrimental.
((Depends on just how bad the prejudices against not-fully-human-individuals are. Time to find out firsthand.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8518 on: August 27, 2014, 08:02:11 pm »

@sambojin
Normally for a non-first mission I would suggest survival, but rumors are that we're soon to receive a bunch of cool new suits from Hephaestus, so you might be better off buying some more 'death-lazor'.
Or maybe just straightforward armor, like that Civic Defender's Longcoat or even a piece of Milno-plate. Then again, we might be getting new 'affordable' armors in a mission or two... but hopefully by then you should be able to afford something more hi-end.
Or, if you really get another token, by all means, buy yourself a 2/3 sub-exoskeleton (uhhh... model B 'Faith'). +1 str/end with additional +1 dex (see 'exaggerated movements' mode, it should really have been added to the wiki page, hmm) when you really need that 'reflex save' should make wonders with your survival rate.

Well, or go for Nyars, I think. You cannot really get too wrong with Nyartifact Roulette  :P
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8519 on: August 27, 2014, 08:11:50 pm »

I could hock the pistol and sniper for a token or two, get a mkII and some more ammo. But I tend to like a multi-weapon approach. I've got kinetic and laser covered for now. Need more laser though.

Maybe one more mission of glass cannoning could be done to save for the armour or suit. At the very least, if I die, someone might end up with a nice ammo-less laser rifle. Depends on *how* I die really.....
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 2205