Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2151 2152 [2153] 2154 2155 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2489568 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #32280 on: August 29, 2016, 10:39:40 am »

I've been really blessed with bad roles recently huh Ozark.
You can blame RNG for bad rolls, but you have only yourself to blame for bad roles.
It is a roll playing game, after all.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32281 on: August 29, 2016, 10:44:15 am »

Dammit I can't believe I missed that.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #32282 on: August 29, 2016, 11:47:38 am »

I've been really blessed with bad rolls recently huh Ozark.
A few, yes. but you also tend to make it harder on yourself, or Noir does, firing that dark magic around like free candy, then almost immediately trying to holy magic up the mess.

That said, killing the patient is part of the job of an ER Omega medic. The only reason it hasn't really happened earlier is because we don't really have a proper dedicated medic yet.

I might have even mentioned troll medics in the OP, which would be hilarious, because trolls are duuuuuuuuuuuuumb.

Edit: it may not be entirely clear. But the guy is dead. Heart stopped means dead. Not "on the brink of death." That makes a difference for your action.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 11:50:50 am by Ozarck »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32283 on: August 29, 2016, 11:52:00 am »

That really doesn't make noir feel any better about it.  :-\ but yeah I'm...amazed that noir managed...to um...well hurt the guy in the way she did so far... Really Probably from Noir's lack of knowledge that'd she'd make really stupid mistakes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32284 on: August 29, 2016, 12:08:49 pm »

Surely the right magic treatment could restart a heart?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32285 on: August 29, 2016, 12:12:01 pm »

Depends if holy magic would do it becuase Noir has no idea how to fix him beyond.....Try to hit him with magic and hope it work's....she dosent have much first hand medical experience.....Think I'm just rolling really bad when I try to do it manually...Noir isent as clueless as Reggy was luckily.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #32286 on: August 29, 2016, 12:32:21 pm »

Surely the right magic treatment could restart a heart?
Sure. But the point is, mechanics wise, he's dead. Healing is about taking living beings, and making them better. once life is gone, another kind of magic is necessary. And We've seen what Noir can do when healing magic is tried on corpses.

Edit: something inside him broke (ribs), and pierced his lungs. He bled out, and that is why his heart stopped. Noir might not know all these things, and is free to try, but she'll sense soon enough that he's dead.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 12:34:24 pm by Ozarck »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32287 on: August 29, 2016, 12:38:04 pm »

Yes, but heart stopping is not the same thing as brain death or cell death. It certainly does lead to those things, but it's not instant death. So long as you have magic and/or technology, that is.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32288 on: August 29, 2016, 12:39:12 pm »

Huh I wonder if I could ever make the holy magic that strong.....That she could bring back the recently deceased.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #32289 on: August 29, 2016, 01:58:51 pm »

Heart stopping doesn't mean they are dead yet just means they will be soon. Cpr can help prevent that but will only rarelt actualy restart the heart. Magic might be able to based off what we've seen, hell sending electricity through the body near the heart might work. I think that cpr +healing magic would work for helping bring his heart back t working order but some damage may occure, think heart attack basicly.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #32290 on: August 29, 2016, 02:09:21 pm »

Yes, but heart stopping is not the same thing as brain death or cell death. It certainly does lead to those things, but it's not instant death. So long as you have magic and/or technology, that is.
I'm getting enough pushback from you and ... someone else, that i'll allow another roll to save the guy. IC I have just mentioned that his heart stopped and he's lost a lot of blood, so sure, why not? I rescind the "He's dead, Jim."

Heart stopping doesn't mean they are dead yet just means they will be soon. Cpr can help prevent that but will only rarelt actualy restart the heart. Magic might be able to based off what we've seen, hell sending electricity through the body near the heart might work. I think that cpr +healing magic would work for helping bring his heart back t working order but some damage may occure, think heart attack basicly.
Please do not try cpr or chest compressions. That will definitely kill him for good.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32291 on: August 29, 2016, 06:48:46 pm »

That was an amazing epilogue, PW. I got chills on the last line, and now I feel almost happy to say goodbye to the best forum game I've ever seen.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32292 on: August 30, 2016, 12:29:07 pm »

I also agree we should wait for nostalgia to settle before voting once more. People are reminiscing of all the good times and judgment will be clouded for a good while.

Despite how much fun I had, I'm one of the people who aren't in the mood for New-ER because, in my opinion, the current point would be good closure for the setting.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32293 on: August 30, 2016, 12:35:25 pm »

<...>
Actually, anyone wanna collaborate on this? I think it could actually be a thing. We'd need some name distortion like what happens with most of the gods ... well, maybe not Xan, that name's simplistic enough that I think it could endure.

Yeah, I'll... try to explore this idea further in the near future.

Anyway, one more interesting thing I've noticed: all three have been notable medics at some points in their careers. That surely cannot be just a coincidence.  :P
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #32294 on: August 30, 2016, 01:48:25 pm »

You know I origionaly  intended for jackson to hijack the ship in orgy verse and then work on catching up with everyone and then the orgy verse orgy and dakka quest. But I guess him being so stupid he was able to somehow bring himself to his friend s works
Also fun fact jackson  waa never a knight, he just stole the name of a knight that died infront of his house one day and looked like him, hence his general lack of actual military tactics, he also was 22.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 12:20:28 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 2151 2152 [2153] 2154 2155 ... 2205