Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1216 1217 [1218] 1219 1220 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491705 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #18255 on: June 17, 2015, 07:17:34 pm »

The apartment we moved to doesn't have a connection installed just yet and the building doesn't have wi-fi, so we're limited in our Internet access and Praefectus even more so - basically whenever I can leave my crappy mobile modem with him. That means he has less time to keep up with all of his crap, so he's missing a few beats here. I have a bit more luck since I can check on most things in my workplace and be quite active after work hours.

spazyak, you're making it sound like a L&O: Special Victims Unit episode.
shhh.shhhh  just let it be. just let it be...
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18256 on: June 17, 2015, 07:18:28 pm »

I imagine your character saying that to a police officer who is currently examining the body on your bed while holding a bottle of chloroform behind your back.

Ninja'd by Caellath. That's exactly what it sounds like.

Hope things get better soon Cael.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18257 on: June 17, 2015, 07:19:52 pm »

I imagine your character saying that to a police officer who is currently examining the body on your bed while holding a bottle of chloroform behind your back.

Ninja'd by Caellath. That's exactly what it sounds like.

Hope things get better soon Cael.
Hey I won't actually kill him. Also there isn't really much law on here.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18258 on: June 17, 2015, 07:25:11 pm »

That does mean inviting retribution from our current sheriff. Camera recordings are available to be watched by the characters, it's something Milno always does after returning from a mission to get IC knowledge of most events.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #18259 on: June 17, 2015, 07:25:30 pm »

Apart from every single other character who has a weapon and thinks they have a good moral compass...
Hold on, Spazyak, your character has a negative two to Endurance, strength, auxillary and general knowledge?!
Ignoring the fact that apparently you never learnt what minmaxing does to a character, PW is probably going to make you roll strength to chloroform the guy, you know that, right?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18260 on: June 17, 2015, 07:27:26 pm »

Apart from every single other character who has a weapon and thinks they have a good moral compass...
Hold on, Spazyak, your character has a negative two to Endurance, strength, auxillary and general knowledge?!
Ignoring the fact that apparently you never learnt what minmaxing does to a character, PW is probably going to make you roll strength to chloroform the guy, you know that, right?
I'm not chloroforming. I did, In dnd 4e it made my bard have a 20 ac with chain mail. It gave me +5 my damage and huge bonuses with attack rolls
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18261 on: June 17, 2015, 07:29:32 pm »

I'm not chloroforming. I did, In dnd 4e it made my bard have a 20 ac with chain mail. It gave me +5 my damage and huge bonuses with attack rolls

...huh?
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #18262 on: June 17, 2015, 07:36:04 pm »

You're gonna be just fine, ignore anyone who says otherwise.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18263 on: June 17, 2015, 07:36:15 pm »

...huh?
4e dnd practically encouraged min maxing, basically a half elf bard with points buy could easily get 20 charisma, Bards got a charisma bonus to their armor class. chain mail has an already huge armor class. You also got a charisma bonuses to most of your attacks so you could hit almost anything and do massive amounts of damage. you could one  hit kill most creatures. You could remain in the back doing lots of damage while also giving your team huge buffs and healing so that if your attack didn't kill it, your friend's attack did.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18264 on: June 17, 2015, 07:36:58 pm »

he isn't even struggling. Also my char is not meant to be up front, he is support. I was told to make a char to fill a niche on the team.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18265 on: June 17, 2015, 07:40:19 pm »

Edit: Phew, I just...
I just needed to get that out of my system.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 07:42:28 pm by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
Alan help.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #18266 on: June 17, 2015, 07:42:12 pm »

Yet what you have is a character with a negative two, something PW has explicitly said before he will kill you for on anything except a 5 and even then, one one of the most versatile stats in the game, as well as on one of the most important and most used stats in the game, and then AUX?! I once had a handiwork focused character before the skill reset, and with a bad aux roll I literally took down an entire ship with a laser rifle from an action that I intentioned to help!

Alright, before I go any further, what kind of character do you want? Amp? Manip? Punchy? Gunny? What?
Support?! None of your skills help with being a support class!
No no, let this play out it will be great.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18267 on: June 17, 2015, 07:42:28 pm »

Yet what you have is a character with a negative two, something PW has explicitly said before he will kill you for on anything except a 5 and even then, one one of the most versatile stats in the game, as well as on one of the most important and most used stats in the game, and then AUX?! I once had a handiwork focused character before the skill reset, and with a bad aux roll I literally took down an entire ship with a laser rifle from an action that I intentioned to help!

Alright, before I go any further, what kind of character do you want? Amp? Manip? Punchy? Gunny? What?
can I remake my char.... I want to get rid of my charisma and replace it with endurance and such
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18268 on: June 17, 2015, 07:42:53 pm »

Yah I will use my force infuser to beat him senseless with a pipe.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18269 on: June 17, 2015, 07:45:54 pm »

Yah I will use my force infuser to beat him senseless with a pipe.
Second note, a force infuser doesn't let you *infuse* a weapon with force to make it more damaging, what it does is absorb force, then let you propel an object with said force, so you can kinda send a chair flying with enough force, or perhaps break down a wall.
Alan help.
Pages: 1 ... 1216 1217 [1218] 1219 1220 ... 2205