Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1044 1045 [1046] 1047 1048 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2495349 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #15675 on: April 11, 2015, 01:29:53 pm »

Yeah, but Jason didn't cause any damage. I'm considering that Shroud test a success.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15676 on: April 11, 2015, 01:51:35 pm »

Probably late to be asking this... But do physical attributes acquired through use of my changeling mask physically alter Irling's face? For example, could I morph myself some fangs?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #15677 on: April 11, 2015, 02:02:40 pm »

Quote from: Emp
I think you misread that. Handiwork determines photography and image processing skills. Also, I'm pretty sure he stopped caring about the dimensions of his genitals ever since he became a legion of robotic bodies.

Less this, and more the fact that you miss your genitals far less once you realize that you can artificially stimulate orgasm by messing with your braincase.

Remind me again why people are so against being botted?

Quote from: Radio
Blue dreams
1 part white rum, 1 part vodka, 1 part tequila, 1 part gin, 1 part blue curacao, 4 parts carbonated water, as much of the active ingredient in bluesmokes as in about 2 cigarettes.

This should be named "Blue Sky", not "Blue Dreams".  Dreams doesn't really fit with the effects of bluesmoke.

I've suggested "Sod Swill" in the IRC, but I dunno what it would be.  First thought was straight alcohol, but we already have that.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #15678 on: April 11, 2015, 02:06:19 pm »

I think you misread that. Handiwork determines photography and image processing skills. Also, I'm pretty sure he stopped caring about the dimensions of his genitals ever since he became a legion of robotic bodies.

Less this, and more the fact that you miss your genitals far less once you realize that you can artificially stimulate orgasm by messing with your braincase.

Because despite some people's ideals that require losing your outward humanity which is just the start of the road to losing your inner humanity.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #15679 on: April 11, 2015, 02:07:36 pm »

Just realised that Kai has +1 aux, while the gunnerbot needs +2. Damn. I need to go on two more missions.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15680 on: April 11, 2015, 02:10:08 pm »

Digital Discord: Causes you to hear crackling sounds, as well as make you see something akin to static.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15681 on: April 11, 2015, 02:10:43 pm »

Just realised that Kai has +1 aux, while the gunnerbot needs +2. Damn. I need to go on two more missions.

Quickly restat for the extra +1 aux?

This should be named "Blue Sky", not "Blue Dreams".  Dreams doesn't really fit with the effects of bluesmoke.

I've suggested "Sod Swill" in the IRC, but I dunno what it would be.  First thought was straight alcohol, but we already have that.

Fine by me. Also, I could think of something, but I'm not sure if real-life possible cocktails are what's needed here.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 02:14:58 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #15682 on: April 11, 2015, 07:11:47 pm »

ok I got my char made. now where do I post it or what do I do?
also if I do a mission I get points to improve my chars' stat right?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15683 on: April 11, 2015, 07:16:17 pm »

You post the charsheet in the on-ship thread (it's currently titled Ping Pong Massacre, but don't let that confuse you).

Yeah, after you complete a mission, you get 5 points to spend on stats & 5 points to spend on skills.

Also, welcome to the 'Corps! We hope you'll enjoy your stay here.  ;)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15684 on: April 11, 2015, 07:17:28 pm »

Don't get eaten by aliens.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15685 on: April 11, 2015, 07:40:25 pm »

Fucking with the pleasure center of your brain is very dangerous. Because if you succeed, you may not have enough motivation to do anything else. After all, you'd be as happy as you could possibly be, why do anything else ever except continue to stimulate it?

• They may prefer genemods. That IVAN treatment is especially tantalizing I would imagine.
  • They can go on black operations missions.
  • Because humans are egotistical fools who cling onto archaic, irrelevant ideals such as the concept of humanity, thinking that it is some sort of bauble that may be cast aside of their own discretion when all the facts point against it. In other words, for roleplaying purposes.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15686 on: April 11, 2015, 08:12:05 pm »

"...and in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest of doubts.
Being fleshy has not been proven not to equal humanity, therefore being human must equal being fleshy."

Plus there is the Armory Master who has been considered to be the epitome of successful HMRC service and who made keeping the body intact "fashionable" and highly regarded. I am sure that if the ultimate veteran of HMRC service was a half-cyborg or had a wicked cool full-robot body prosthetic, the number of people trying to keep their fleshiness intact would have been much lower.

(I wonder how much of this "keep flesh" philosophy was actually designed and inspired to existence with Piecewise's world-building effort - the original cam-eyes & synth-body descriptions, etc. - and how much of it is player-driven and not in line with what he had in mind for the setting.)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #15687 on: April 11, 2015, 09:35:22 pm »

Fucking with the pleasure center of your brain is very dangerous. Because if you succeed, you may not have enough motivation to do anything else. After all, you'd be as happy as you could possibly be, why do anything else ever except continue to stimulate it?

...So what?  If you make yourself extremely happy, and end up losing all motivation, why is that a bad thing?  You don't need to do anything, because you do things to make yourself happy, and you're already at maximal happiness, so there's no need to do anything.  This is really only a circular tautology that you choose to give meaning because it's unusual; There's nothing illogical here, unless you don't value happiness as the only real goal in your philosophy (at which point we can't discuss it because we subscribe to conflicting philosophies).

That said, I'm pretty sure you're wrong.  If you succeed, your brain eventually compensates for the increased level of happiness, essentially making you depressed if you go off the happiness, and normal otherwise.  And possibly something about degrading your brain if you keep yourself overloaded with happiness neurotransmitters for a long time.  This is why a utilitarian philosophy won't break down until we design computers that can feel happiness.

Theoretically, there's a middle ground where you can make yourself happy often enough and long enough to generally have an overall happier life, but not quite often/long enough to have harmful effects come in.  Even if no such middle ground exists and it's always perfectly balanced (which, considering some people are depressed and others aren't, it isn't), you'd realize that genitals are still useless because each time you orgasmed that would adjust your brain to be marginally less happy the rest of the time.

Congratulations, you found one of my favourite philosophy subjects.

They may prefer genemods. That IVAN treatment is especially tantalizing I would imagine.

I'd counter that the IVAN treatment costs five tokens more than the HRB, requires rolls to be effective, and is still less effective at keeping you alive.  Can IVAN survive a nuke at point-blank 100% of the time?

That said, other genemods are useful, although arguably only because we haven't designed mechanical equivalents.  And you're very correct about blops.

Quote from: Nik
"...and in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest of doubts."

That is an excellent quote, and an infinitely frustrating one.  I'd sig it myself, if Pyro hadn't already taken it.  You'd think me and Pyro would get along better...

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15688 on: April 11, 2015, 09:43:41 pm »

...So what?  If you make yourself extremely happy, and end up losing all motivation, why is that a bad thing?  You don't need to do anything, because you do things to make yourself happy, and you're already at maximal happiness, so there's no need to do anything.
I meant in terms of our current situation. Having heph personnel do that is rather bad for everyone else :P Though yes, I suppose there are interesting philosophical debates to be had as to whether one would go through with it seeing as one may not be happy with the results of the process prior to going through with it even if they'll be very happy afterwards. But I digress.

I'd counter that the IVAN treatment costs five tokens more than the HRB, requires rolls to be effective, and is still less effective at keeping you alive.  Can IVAN survive a nuke at point-blank 100% of the time?

That said, other genemods are useful, although arguably only because we haven't designed mechanical equivalents.  And you're very correct about blops.
I said it was tantalizing, not that it was practical :P As for Black Operations, whilst such is the case now, we might be able to design a flesh suit for robots to use, though detection in more advanced/paranoid worlds could still be a problem due to their crunchy metallic centers.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15689 on: April 11, 2015, 10:23:12 pm »

@Nikitian: wouldn't you rather sell your MkII to a newbie/someone else interested in it? Cheaper MkIIs are surely a good thing to have around.

Edit for typo.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 10:31:36 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 1044 1045 [1046] 1047 1048 ... 2205