Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1042 1043 [1044] 1045 1046 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2495481 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #15645 on: April 11, 2015, 09:18:07 am »

((Please note I claimed a purchase of two-handed sword from player market with a token from team fund in my action. Cutting tool + weapon, why not.))

If it' something being sold by the team fund (you mean one of Jim's former stuff right?), you can loan it for free this mission.

Cool. Thanks.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15646 on: April 11, 2015, 10:05:44 am »

((Damnit! If only we made the icecream scoop earlier, there'd be a teleportation-based melee weapon ready. Probably not the easiest weapon to adapt against.))

It's pretty easy to adapt against - ambush attacks from below, lightning strikes, simply being too fast foryou to focus on to telefrag 'em. Barely even needs the freaky Haebi adaption abilities.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15647 on: April 11, 2015, 10:10:12 am »

@E_D: my opinion as a player is that if you have to do that, I'd rather you use Aoshima's thread. Soon enough there may be loads of non-piecewise threads because of the classic "but you let them!" argument and that'll be both confusing and undesirable. Not trying to be harsh, by the way. I'm just not fond of the idea of how things may end up.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #15648 on: April 11, 2015, 10:12:19 am »

Right, I was thinking of doing that, I'll just call thread dibs after Aoshima's round is done.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15649 on: April 11, 2015, 10:13:50 am »

I think a large part of "adaptation" is going to be tactics, not actual bio-modification. By "evolving defenses", I understand "active" defenses as well. Tossing up opaque smokescreens to interfere with targeting and cameyes, burrowing underground for the surprise factor, tossing out small attack drones against slow-firing powerful gauss weapons, or single large armor trains against damage-over-time lasers and chemicals, etc.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #15650 on: April 11, 2015, 10:17:05 am »

I'm thinking of maybe grabbing the last Plazma Stake prototype for the mission, but I'm not too clear on what it is supposed to be. I found a post saying its a melee weapon that launches something, but that didn't really help me understand what it is. Does anyone know what it is and explain it a bit more?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15651 on: April 11, 2015, 10:18:46 am »

I dunno, this is ER - Freud is inherently more right.
If anything determined dong size it would be charisma or Fate

Well, I don't wanna mess up the ER subforum even more, and it's just after he's finished.
Of course if he still wants to use it I'll just put it on the RTD section.
You can always ask pw if he's ok with you creating another game here.
Okay.
Hey PW! Are you okay with me making another ER derivative thread? Or should I bunch in on Aoshima's thread?
As long as your games are somehow related to ER and clearly mark themselves as being fan games and not part of the main game (For the sake of not confusing the newbies even more when they come face to face with this game that spans a dozen threads and hundreds of thousands of posts) then you can create your thread in this sub-forum.  If we get lots of these I may ask you guys to put a tag in your title, but for now, go for it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15652 on: April 11, 2015, 10:26:16 am »

I'm thinking of maybe grabbing the last Plazma Stake prototype for the mission, but I'm not too clear on what it is supposed to be. I found a post saying its a melee weapon that launches something, but that didn't really help me understand what it is. Does anyone know what it is and explain it a bit more?
It's a thing that launches jets of plasma out of a nozzle above your mech's fist, that penetrate heavy armor and burn anything they can reach beyond. It requires a Battlesuit or equivalent, so unless you have one you can't use it.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15653 on: April 11, 2015, 10:26:52 am »

I think a large part of "adaptation" is going to be tactics, not actual bio-modification. By "evolving defenses", I understand "active" defenses as well. Tossing up opaque smokescreens to interfere with targeting and cameyes, burrowing underground for the surprise factor, tossing out small attack drones against slow-firing powerful gauss weapons, or single large armor trains against damage-over-time lasers and chemicals, etc.

Perhaps, but I think we can deal with those easier than with evolved super armors (eg if they change to lots of small zippy drones against gauss, we switch to AOE, then back to gauss if they evolve single well-armored targets).

I imagine it'll end like the real Hexbarax sim: a thundering wave of armored 'flesh' to just crush everything.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15654 on: April 11, 2015, 10:27:34 am »

Hey, is anybody else having troubles connecting to the IRC?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #15655 on: April 11, 2015, 10:28:08 am »

It's a thing that launches jets of plasma out of a nozzle above your mech's fist, that penetrate heavy armor and burn anything they can reach beyond. It requires a Battlesuit or equivalent, so unless you have one you can't use it.
Aka, something I can't get because I don't have a suit. Good to know, thanks.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15656 on: April 11, 2015, 10:29:30 am »

Nevermind, got it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15657 on: April 11, 2015, 10:46:47 am »

ANYBODY WANTS A RECHARGEABLE BATTERY STRONG ENOUGH TO RUN A LASER THAT IS STRONGER THAN A CUTTING LASER? I'll take offers starting from 3 tokens.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15658 on: April 11, 2015, 11:31:36 am »

Does it come with big jumper leads to hook it up to people we don't like?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #15659 on: April 11, 2015, 11:39:54 am »

Hey tinkerers. Is there a way we can develop personal flying devices based on standard power generators rather than fuel-dependant ones? Or is that way a dead end?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 1042 1043 [1044] 1045 1046 ... 2205