Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 920 921 [922] 923 924 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492947 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #13815 on: March 11, 2015, 01:55:41 pm »

I read it again, and mission objective is just to learn what we can. Would be nice to get the Eater to the Pit, sure, but I feel like that's not an option that's on the table anymore.
I still feel like its all my fault. x_x
And all my thoughts go so far is projectile motion--a thrown arc would make it...rather hard, given the vague information I recall (lifted height = bad thing) about the Eater's Sarcophagus so...
 :-\
Really lost on options here.

I apologize ahead of time if I happen to make another  9 incident on mission 16
I did worse. Don't worry. :)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13816 on: March 11, 2015, 02:00:25 pm »

I see M16 has decided to stop pretending they are not ARM operatives.
Then again, this was probably a trap, so they probably know it's the ARM anyway, or at least suspect it. For all we know the papers they took from that box are filled with offensive sketches in radioactive paint.
Unless the gunnerbots are not of the UWM but instead belong to a third party. That would be interesting. Perhaps they are related to the operative who put the data there.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13817 on: March 11, 2015, 02:06:29 pm »

Bots have been there since last mission set I think. From the moment Steve got information about our target first time. So UWM knew some people would come after their data and prepared a trap.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13818 on: March 11, 2015, 02:12:15 pm »

Why would the box be stored in a bank with a cam-eyes proof building with gunner bots right next to the bank to protect the box, when it could be stored in the cam-eyes proof building behind the gunner bots, making it probably more safe and with less public record?

I'd say trap sounds about right.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13819 on: March 11, 2015, 02:17:32 pm »

I read it again, and mission objective is just to learn what we can. Would be nice to get the Eater to the Pit, sure, but I feel like that's not an option that's on the table anymore.
I still feel like its all my fault. x_x
And all my thoughts go so far is projectile motion--a thrown arc would make it...rather hard, given the vague information I recall (lifted height = bad thing) about the Eater's Sarcophagus so...
 :-\
Really lost on options here.

I apologize ahead of time if I happen to make another  9 incident on mission 16
I did worse. Don't worry. :)

I don't really see how it's your fault Tir. If anything you pushed the team to try for as long as it did. We pretty much failed as soon as the sun noticed the eater.
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13820 on: March 11, 2015, 02:19:22 pm »

I don't really see how it's your fault Tir. If anything you pushed the team to try for as long as it did. We pretty much failed as soon as the sun noticed the eater.
I interpreted--well, me and Feyri that is--the breaking of the sarcophagus due to me 'being a foot away from' the ground ._.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13821 on: March 11, 2015, 02:25:03 pm »

Anyways, Hey, Heph people. Do you guys all have any particular day when most of you are free? Saturday or sunday maybe? In general I mean, not this particular week.
Presently? Saturday and Sunday GMT+10. Though I currently have three assignments of varying difficulty.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13822 on: March 11, 2015, 02:28:11 pm »

Yeah, but we were at last ditch attempts to salvage a victory stage anyways. The rest of us had already given up. Like I said, we pretty much lost as soon as the sun noticed the eater most likely.
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13823 on: March 11, 2015, 02:29:13 pm »

Yeah, but we were at last ditch attempts to salvage a victory stage anyways. The rest of us had already given up. Like I said, we pretty much lost as soon as the sun noticed the eater most likely.
Yeah, a combination of that and our indecision on how to handle the Eater when night fell this last time.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #13824 on: March 11, 2015, 02:46:25 pm »

I thought we had established that it's my fault?
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13825 on: March 11, 2015, 02:53:08 pm »

I think it's standard to blame those in power in those types of situations. So it should definitely be Miyamoto's fault. Or Steve's fault.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #13826 on: March 11, 2015, 03:02:22 pm »

I think it's standard to blame those in power in those types of situations. So it should definitely be Miyamoto's fault. Or Steve's fault.

ARM is Steve's fault, I guess.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13827 on: March 11, 2015, 03:05:15 pm »

Nah, I mean--in these cases, information gathering should also have been undertaken initially by the more experienced members of the awayteam; while the burden of responsibility also lies on the captain or leader at hand...Steve, honestly, isn't the most..humane of leaders (I mean seriously--thus far, there are NO psychological debriefings or aid in that aspect, leading to quite a lot of...inconsistencies within and post-traumatic experiences in between the crew. Usually, debriefings should include that--which...I have hesitated to state only until now). x3

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13828 on: March 11, 2015, 03:31:20 pm »

Add one to the list of people who know the name Phobetor.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13829 on: March 11, 2015, 04:11:37 pm »

I think between thad's amp use and my pipebomb we'll get the first wave of gunnerbots, but we really need to kill that signal otherwise we'll be tracked no matter where we go.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.
Pages: 1 ... 920 921 [922] 923 924 ... 2205