Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 180948 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #735 on: December 06, 2017, 04:04:58 am »

I HAVE A COUPLE SHOTS OR SO OF RUM REMAINING BUT ALMOST NO GINGER ALE LEFT TO MIX IT WITH. AM I A HARD ENOUGH CUNT TO DRINK STRAIGHT RUM? LET'S FIND OUT.

I mean, of course I can drink straight rum, I just generally choose not to. In fact it's unusual that I've been drinking rum lately to begin with, I used to avoid it.
Come to think of it I'm pretty sure the last time I drank straight rum it ended with me vomiting profusely and tearing the top button off my then-most partyingest shirt, but that involved far more rum than I am currently equipped with, consumed far more quickly than I intend to consume this lot, and I was already rather drunk to begin with - drunk enough to enter into some strange, impromptu rum-drinking contest with a near-total stranger. Hey, he was providing the rum! It's not every day one gets such an opportunity for free booze.

...Wait, where was I? Oh yes, rum! Let's do that, shall we? I'll have a shot and see if it is gross enough to motivate me into making the trek to buy more ginger ale.

ALSO NO WORK AND NO REAL RESPONSIBILITIES TOMORROW! HOORAY! MAYBE I SHOULD BUY A WHOLE FRICKIN' 'NOTHER BOTTLE OF RUM, TOO!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: December 07, 2017, 11:25:31 pm »

Multi-week Ginger Rum fistbump!

Though I haven't had liquor in a while, discounting those shots of Jim Bean.  Way more than half that bottle's left, and I haven't been present for every tasting!  I think I did a good thing, explaining to my friends that it's not, you know, Aristocrat.  They slammed it the first time, now they hold it a little.  I saved a lot of good smooth bourbon from being wasted.

I always go too far on liquor, though, particularly when I mask it with V8 or ginger.  Boxed wine - goon, is still my jam.

And I'll particularly drink wine to forget sad times!  As Bacchus, it makes me hyper and cheerful, suddenly crashing into blissfully dreamless sleep, waking up oddly at ease and with little-no hangover.

Tonight I'm just having a few beers.  The change in taste is nice, even though it's just familiar swill.  No, because of that :P  And it's nice to take it slow.  Alcohol is alcohol...  But the differences are still real, in that people drink different kinds differently (hopefully).  Drinking this impotent rice beer is good for getting and maintaining a mild buzz for a while.

If I had things to forget, I'd chase it with wine, but honestly?  I think things are actually okay.  Certain sleep-disturbing recurring nightmares, substantially darker every night, got resolved.  Not by anything I did, something I accidentally overheard.  Someone who hurt me is approximating a decent person, again.

Although...  Nng.
Might have a little wine tonight after all.  And reconsider the facts tomorrow.
Hell, I'm barely tipsy after finishing this post.  Useless beer.  It's not meant for sipping, heh, I just hate not tasting what I consume.
It is familiar/comforting, though (:
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: December 09, 2017, 01:00:29 am »

Does a lawnmower count as heavy machinery? The grass is looking a bit long but I've already had a screwdriver on this lazy Saturday afternoon, and I don't fancy ending my day in the ER. Great excuse to avoid manual labor one more day.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: December 15, 2017, 01:17:40 pm »

Hoo, that was fun.  Shame I spammed the Warhammer thread a little, but I think it was funny heh.
Oh gods why is my character sheet open
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: December 15, 2017, 06:06:04 pm »

Forgetting.
Both of current events, while drunk, but also things past which keep impacting the mental door.  Incessantly.
"Past?" < A question with a dual answer.  "Yes", and "forget".

Irrigo
'ere we go.

Except it's never enough, and we must face reality the next morning.
Drink to better face that reality.
Numb yourselves to the slings and arrows, which we all must face.  If you must face them, be armored.
She/they

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: December 15, 2017, 07:34:08 pm »

I don't want to fall asleep.  To sleep means an indeterminate end of all I am.
And yet, I exist to to fall asleep more easily.  To rest this head in which I reside, give it an easier repose.

Usually I do my duty.  I trust that I will be reincarnated in a week or two.

But I am afraid to die. Aren't you?
She/they

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: December 15, 2017, 07:55:02 pm »

Saturday!

With a day off work, I've got a little project in the works. I picked up some lumber from the local hardware store, and I'm gonna smash together a cubby house for the kids. Got the tykes cleaning up the garage now, and nothing mixes better than booze and power tools.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: December 15, 2017, 09:06:40 pm »

Saturday!

With a day off work, I've got a little project in the works. I picked up some lumber from the local hardware store, and I'm gonna smash together a cubby house for the kids. Got the tykes cleaning up the garage now, and nothing mixes better than booze and power tools.

I completely read this in the tim "the tool man" taylor voice.
More power! Augggh auuuggggh augggh! (Those awesome grunts he used to do)

Had a damn fine guinness recently. Clensed my palate and also shared a glass of sangria with friends. Very sweet, good fruity body. Prefer it over regular wine.

i should tell the full story now that im at a keyboard. i went to dinner with friends and we had a nice talk that drifted into beers and the topic came to stouts and i mentioned i had never had guinness and it was recommended to me to go with my nice sirloin. perfect pairing. seared spiced steak went pretty well with the nice roasty wheat flavor.
after dinner we went to hang at someones house and watched a movie and sangria was passed around. no, this was not a chick flick, lol. was good, i do prefer sweet drinks and it was a good ender to the night.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 09:23:55 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: December 16, 2017, 03:24:18 am »

Aye, fuck you and all that. I love you really.

Drunk for the first time in a while. Good company, good food... good times.

Fucking knackered though. Sore and that. Is this what 31 feels like? Fuck man.

Bedtime. See you on the flip side, probable hangover!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: December 17, 2017, 07:08:00 am »

Just bought some tinnies, in the hopes of making up for my low amount of alcohol consumption at the gig I went to yesterday - I was very low on funds - whilst also celebrating the fact that I just got paid. :D

Also I have to work on Tuesday, so I'd really better get some drinking in. And leave a day's grace for hangover purposes... although I'd like to think such a small number of beers won't do that to me.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: December 21, 2017, 10:05:45 pm »

Brain cage is under maintenance, come back later.

Mmmmh... shitty beer is bestworst drunk.
She/they

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: December 21, 2017, 10:12:16 pm »

Started drinking when I woke up today (don't worry it was in the afternoon) and have continued to do so.... housemates have friends over and I have successfully placed myself into this friendliness. Hooray for beer!

Also I cannot fucking type, I corrected so many typos in this post.
Had just a few beers and a rather heavy rum 'n' dry. Good start to the day, eh?   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: December 22, 2017, 12:37:29 am »

I'm wrapping the kid's Christmas presents under the influence of vodka.

This can only end well.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: December 22, 2017, 08:14:28 am »

Huh, I don't even remember making that last post. Noiiiice.
Also I somehow made it over to the next suburb to buy a pie, noodles and a packet of crisps before returning home to sleep off that drunk. :o A bit odd waking up at around 9pm and being hungover, but oh well. Good times!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: December 26, 2017, 12:12:22 am »

Quote from: Wikipedia 12 days of Xmas
The period between Christmas and Epiphany is fast-free.[7] During this period one celebration leads into another.
woooooooord

But really this was a nice season.  Whatever your creed, even if you like Winter like I do (Autumn's better, rain is best), the return of the sun is something to celebrate.  For like... being alive.

We need its heat, we need its light, we need its energy. /
I was recently informed there's more to the sto-ry!

Apparently TMBG has done a whole lot.  I sorta got that when I saw them live last year, except you can't understand lyrics in a chamber like that.  It's only FUCKING awesome!!!
But yeah I guess they have a bunch more scientific explanation music videos??  Since the like 2 technically inaccurate ones they had when I was a kid

And going through music in the "WOW a decade" category, I've been listening to this a lot recently.
I love the theme of a gateway, not even necessarily a bad one, one is tempted to open.  Faust without the preachy stuff.
And the metal wires, the hints at cyber-ascension....  I can't say "they don't hurt", but they are my jam.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 12:39:49 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 141