Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 180477 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #570 on: January 15, 2017, 07:56:21 pm »

Such good music.  Following such good company.

Connected:  Bohemian increasing!!!
Connected: Society decreasing!

... Connected: Church [sentimentality] increasing.
https://youtu.be/vcMSsHU0oRI?list=PL4adgPcT171Clnz0ka-qmEEhYhGC3xd8n

We go to a lake of fire and fry!  See us again on the fourth of July~

Edit:  It wouldn't feel nearly so good if I didn't know it was wrong.

Edit2:  We are damned, in the night.  Sanctified with dynamite! 
And at midnight we come for your blood~
We are cursed and denied, holy lord of dynamite
And at midnight forever we roam...
https://youtu.be/PhiSgXz_l20?list=PL4adgPcT171Clnz0ka-qmEEhYhGC3xd8n

I really do go for the music when drunk, huh.
But this shit is me.  The me that's scared to come out.  The adolescent rebellion I didn't dare have.
It has to come out sometime, so might as well be here among strangers.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 08:09:33 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 16, 2017, 12:59:57 am »

Okay actually this is frustrating.  I wanted to discuss into early hours, on bay12 or preferably with my friends.  They're usually up for it.
But that's not happening, for once...  Usually they're up for whenever, it's me that's scarce.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 01:07:53 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 17, 2017, 05:52:12 pm »

AAAAAHAHAHA

Really though, this feels so fucking good.
Welcome to the party, pals

Gods all around... heh, I think I'm keeping that...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 08:07:36 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 18, 2017, 02:54:35 am »

Oh shit, did I just-
Do I care??
I mean, I probably should...
Okay relax.  Calm down.  Focus on what's important:
Spoiler: fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck (click to show/hide)

She/they

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 18, 2017, 10:57:32 pm »

I have acquired "bum wine"!
Or, well, the closest Australian equivalent that I'm aware of.

Long have I wanted to try this and see what it's like, ever since a band in my hometown did a song about it.
I'm not expecting it to be all that amazing... after all, the best bum wines are supposed to be caffeinated, and this is... not.
Still, it should be a nice drop, and it comes in at 13.9% abv whilst costing just a couple of dollars more than a beer the same size. Let's see how it goes!
For ‼SCIENCE‼!

Edit: Well dang, this is actually pretty nice.
Taste isn't quite as weird and intense as I'd expected, it's more like... (non-alcoholic) ginger beer's older cousin who lives on the wrong side of the tracks, chain-smokes, wears Tapout clothes and is generally a bit of a shady character. It's not bad, though!
I think the weather here is kinda the opposite of ideal ginger wine weather, unfortunately, but these first few swigs have still been quite enjoyable, not to mention potent. Really warms you up, which is still surprisingly pleasant despite the hot weather here and my long sleeves.

Pretty sure I'm already feeling a nice buzz. Might eat something a bit more substantial than a Twix bar before I drink any more, heh.
...Or maybe I should just keep drinking and prepare a Drunk Fortress turn?    
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 11:52:33 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 23, 2017, 02:07:42 am »

W-wait...  ginger, in wine?
That sounds... freakin disgusting!!?

*reads past first line and pic*
Well, huh!
I mean, I do like nonalcoholic ginger ale, though I sorta use it as a mage-beer when I'm not looking to get drunk.

I, aheh, don't know what weather is most appropriate for ginger drinks.  For me they're most appropriate in an atmosphere of mild deadline.
Serious deadline means I break out the tea, and not the herbal stuff (that tastes really good).  The voluminous southern USA unsweet tea.  Tastes good and vaguely vile, with a faint buzz that adds up.
I'm ranting again, who cares.

Tonight isn't tea.  Wine has a similar effect due to the sugar but it drops off a lot faster, letting me sleep.  Unbothered.  Though last night I did have a wingsuit dream at the end, that was nice.
I do tend to remember my dreams, and alcohol does tend to make them... mellower.  Less amazingly good ones, and less... well.

Anyway, I have games to play, and then a delightfully sudden and unexpected fall into unconsciousness.

I think maybe I'd like to be buried with an enemy?  Conflict is life, and mortality is scary.
She/they

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 28, 2017, 12:13:12 pm »

I will post here, to stay up to date on Rolan's rants if nothing else (love those, BTW).

Today: rum and coke, rum and tea, rum and coffee, rum and rum with rum flavoring. Also work. And rum. Have I mentioned rum yet?

In general: I love kriek so much. Like, the best thing to have happened to alcohol in about ever, really. That makes me real sad, though, because all I can get in my immediate vicinity is two brands (Timmermans and Mort Subite), and they're kinda expensive even when compared to other import beer that I like, like Young's or Guinness. Such is life in the Zone.

On the other hand, one of my favorite local breweries makes mead. Like, actual mead, not honey-flavored beer or anything. With mint in it. It's pretty great.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #577 on: January 28, 2017, 01:06:49 pm »

Mage-beeer?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 28, 2017, 01:21:06 pm »

Oh good I'm glad I'm not the only one who enjoys my rants, aheh >.<
"Mage-beer" is a reference from an old webcomic I used to like.  Not sure if it's still around.  Can't remember the name, but I do remember the story...

An apprentice mage was working at a tavern to pay for her studies.  One night a band of carousing mercenaries flooded in, celebrating some sort of victory (might have been sports).  They payed well, but the owner had a problem:  There wasn't enough beer to keep them drunk!  So he had the apprentice start duplicating the beer with magic.  This actually worked perfectly at first.  Problem was, she was a mere apprentice, and soon started making mistakes from exhaustion.  The mercenaries began losing their buzz, and decided the tavern owner was watering the drinks.  That didn't end well for him.

The apprentice managed to escape, though, and tried some of the beer.  It tasted exactly the same as the original quality beer, yet actually contained no alcohol at all!  Mages generally avoid alcohol in this setting, but this way they could get the taste and tavern experience without the inebriation.  She refined the process and became quite wealthy.

tldr; It's magically nonalcoholic beer, discovered by accident
She/they

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 30, 2017, 06:02:32 pm »

No rant today, just waiting on bad news...  Nng.

Had a *delightful* discussion with my buddies, though.  Politics, religion, all that shit...

Aaaand a conversation about my dad about his gf's charity group's website!
PHP, javascript and HTML...  I'd be well equipped to help, again, as I often did for cash...
For now, I think I just explained some differences (java vs javascript, helped him find the new MySQL password)...

Anyway... time for a nice walk.
She/they

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 31, 2017, 05:30:40 am »

I'm drunk and this made me laugh far more than it should have.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 31, 2017, 05:48:45 am »

It made me laugh too, and I'm not drunk.

I am very sleep deprived though, so grain of salt and all that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 31, 2017, 09:11:57 am »

Heh, it's funny. Made even better by the fact that a friend of mine is nicknamed* Poland.

*Essentially just by Knit, Sheb, and me, but I think it counts.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 01, 2017, 07:56:39 pm »

I generally drink shots of straight vodka (Cheap Aristocrat, I'm a true alcoholic) with pre-sips and chasers of Dos Equis or Dos Equis Dark (Or stout or whatever). If not that, then I drink Redd's Strawberry Ale with a fistful of Tums to kill the heartburn.

When I'm with the family, I drink Keystone Light and shots of Jaeger, Tequila, or Gin, straight up with no chaser. My family is hardcore.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 02, 2017, 10:43:58 pm »

I'm not sure why I go to this for breakup music.
https://youtu.be/2WPkztH_R04
But at least it's hopeful.

On the downside, I've always watched this, then eventually gone back.  S-several times now.  But not this time.
Nn...  Not this time.
We've been together We WERE together a long time, but it was too long, not so long that it has to be permanent.
No sunk cost fallacies.
I mean, I'm 30.  That ACTUALLY isn't that old, quite.  G-getting close, but there's still time.  Certainly not "settle" time.
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 141