Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 286

Author Topic: UR's Post-USSR politics megathread  (Read 305712 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Russian intervention in Ukraine
« Reply #1410 on: March 02, 2014, 03:09:44 pm »

And people stopped talking to me, not the guy who fantasize about killing russians. next thing you guys do is justify it by calling him a brave freedom fighter.
Russia did just kind of invade his country with the probable intent of permanently taking a chunk out of it, and probably undoing the successes of the recent protests/revolution in the rest. I'm not saying fantasizing about killing people in warfare is right, but I understand where he's coming from.

The justification begins.
The refusing to actually have a conversation and condemning the rest of you begins.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: March 02, 2014, 03:11:57 pm »

The refusing to actually have a conversation and condemning the rest of you begins.

Glorious democracy-lover Putin is saving those ignorant Ukrainians from themselves, MSH, don't disagree.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: March 02, 2014, 03:16:29 pm »

I hope it does not come to war, and I want no part of West Ukraine.
Wow! Thank you that you are so generous and want to occupy only Eastern Ukraine.

And yours "I don't want a war" sounds like robber's "Be calm, I don't want to hurt you. Just get out of your house and let me take what I want"
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 03:21:40 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: March 02, 2014, 03:18:07 pm »

And people stopped talking to me, not the guy who fantasize about killing russians. next thing you guys do is justify it by calling him a brave freedom fighter.
Russia did just kind of invade his country with the probable intent of permanently taking a chunk out of it, and probably undoing the successes of the recent protests/revolution in the rest. I'm not saying fantasizing about killing people in warfare is right, but I understand where he's coming from.

The justification begins.

Yeah, lets condemn the guy that tries to condemn the guy that fantasizes about killing russians. you did just justify it, btw, even though you said you didn't.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: March 02, 2014, 03:21:25 pm »

I didn't say I didn't justify it. I do justify it. Because it is justifiable. If my country were invaded I would feel the same way.

Furthermore, I did not condemn you. You are the one condemning the rest of us and refusing to actually talk about this, which is kind of contrary to the point of a forum.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: March 02, 2014, 03:24:18 pm »

Very disturbing videos of pro russian protest in Kharkiv
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHjD8MnuYxI
And not sure what place
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDn9Qy-LTWA

Uk nacist, the so called reason russia is invading:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkiSPMpTp_I
Make love not war

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: March 02, 2014, 03:25:52 pm »

Well, yeah, like some of us have been saying, this is to Russify Crimea, not free it. They will be killing, deporting, and suppressing anyone that will not adhere to the Putin plan for democracytm.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: March 02, 2014, 03:30:27 pm »

Well, yeah, like some of us have been saying, this is to Russify Crimea, not free it. They will be killing, deporting, and suppressing anyone that will not adhere to the Putin plan for democracytm.
Nahhh, this is just angry mob on the street, i can find same videos about uk protest for getting down the government before all this, same shit
Make love not war

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: March 02, 2014, 03:31:16 pm »

You'll see.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #1419 on: March 02, 2014, 03:34:05 pm »

I hope it does not come to war, and I want no part of West Ukraine.
Wow! Thank you that you are so generous and want to occupy only Eastern Ukraine.

And yours "I don't want a war" sounds like robber's "Be calm, I don't want to hurt you. Just get out of your house and let me take what I want"
Aw come on, maybe it was just a typo? Maybe he meant Eastern Ukraine?
I know don't have much voice here as it is not my country that is facing the crisis, but I think the amount of hostility in this thread is really rising to dangerous limits. Come on people, why not cool it a bit, we don't want this thread locked, do we?  :(

Uk nacist, the so called reason russia is invading:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkiSPMpTp_I
There's actually a longer version of this on BBC's site, I posted it few pages back. Check it out, it's interesting, even if short and even if it could do with a few better worded questioning from the journalist's side.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: March 02, 2014, 03:36:25 pm »

I haven't refused to talk with anyone yet, even people who deflected my arguments and resorted to mild personal attacks. but what i do refuse, is stop using self-proclaimed titles that certain groups and parties use/used just because it upset everyone. it should upset everyone.

Btw, would you? feel the same way? i don't think so. i know i didn't feel the same way when i was forced to fight, and one of the most important sentences issac rabin said that i took to heart and preached to my soldiers was "We do not celebrate the death of our enemies, nor should we wish to hate them".

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: March 02, 2014, 03:45:15 pm »

Who cares where it is. It is an ideological matter.
It never happened, so what ideological matter here? If you claim it's happened - Go on, provide real proof.

today your chief commander of fleet swore to serve to Crimean people and ordered all your navy to do that or sign out, by the way. Freshest.
Do you even read the thread? I posted about that traitor earlier. I hope he will face tribunal. Point is that no one followed his order to disarm.

I gave ya two sources. If you want to close your ears and be like "I do not know what you are talking of, it never happened, brainwashed soviet imperialist" just put it like that in direct speech.

I kinda know it is awful when a major military officer betrays his country in a critical moment. Well, you definetly have your right to hate him. But why are you going nuts with me mentioning this once more?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: March 02, 2014, 03:52:03 pm »

I would appreciate if the ad hominem could be dialed down a tad. Too much directed at individuals and not at arguments.

Anyway, I happened to be walking by the Ukrainian/Russian mission (because they share the mission, have since the soviet era), and protestors have shown up demanding Putin keep his hands off. I'd estimate about 400, but I'm not sure, it could be a lot more; the police were making onlookers either join in the fenced off area or keep walking. The thing stretched down sidewalks though. They were chanting, raising flags, carrying signs, etc.

The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: March 02, 2014, 03:55:53 pm »

[sarcasm]Wow, a man from russian government revealed himself and all our plans[/sarcasm]
You sound like a man concerned that there is a totally white side and totally black. And you put Russia to the black one. Ethnical and political leansings are serious accusations.

Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: March 02, 2014, 03:58:21 pm »

I would appreciate if the ad hominem could be dialed down a tad. Too much directed at individuals and not at arguments.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 286