Hydra
- 8 (11.8%)
Roc
- 12 (17.6%)
Titan
- 7 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Best Megabeast?  (Read 3743 times)

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
Best Megabeast?
« on: January 22, 2014, 04:23:53 am »

We all have our unique love-hate -relationship with the aboveground cousins of Forgotten Beasts. Which one is your best and why?

I love dragons. Mainly because seeing the world burn is weirdly satisfying and DF-like.

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Best Megabeast?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 05:12:27 pm »

Bronze Colossus, they don't need any fancy firebreath- they'll just beat you to death with their fists. Also, if captured, they provide an excellent training target for marksmen.
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 05:21:45 pm »

I went with rocs because you can breed them without modding. I keep hoping my world will pass into the Age of Legends, so I can swing it back into a second Age of Myth by hatching some rocs, then kill them to go the second Age of Legends, then hatch some more, etc.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 06:08:46 pm »

I love rocs, but watching dragon fire burn forgotten beasts is just so satisfying.  Btw, maybe cave dragons should get an entry into the poll.  Though they lack fire, they're still incredibly tough.  In 1-on-1 fights, they actually usually beat regular dragons.  They're immune to dragon fire and while dragons waste attacks breathing it, the cave dragons shred them.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 07:02:27 pm »

i vote for bronze colossus because it is easily the toughest megabeast and the only one that can't be tamed.

also when you kill it you get a sweet statue
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 08:05:35 pm »

Hydras.
Their badassery is going to be increased sevenfold in the next release.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 09:51:13 pm »

hiroshi42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 02:36:28 am »

Let's look at our choices here.
Bronze Colossus: I fear no statue, no matter how large.  Though the fact that they make nice target practice is a nice feature
Hydra: I think OOTS examined the financial benefits of the hydra, but alas dwarves have yet to advance to this stage.
Roc: Giant chicken, throw in a sea serpent for some surf and turf
Titans:  While they can be fearsome lets face it, most of the titans or forgotten beasts are less frightening or damaging than a guy in a rubber godzilla suit
Dragon: giant chicken, but at least there is an incendiary component.  And lets not forget they can, and probably will if you keep one as a pet, melt candy

For me the incendiary component of dragons elevates them a bit.  Plus all they want is wealth.  Throw in a compulsion for socks and a thirst for booze and they are just giant scaly dwarves.
'Your' jetpack was last seen attached to a nuclear powered science tank on Mars.
It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarvern science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 11:35:38 am »

Hydras.

Yeah, what with the ability to use all seven heads at once and I don't think they get a penalty for it. Right now they can only use one at a time.

Edit: Corrected iphone doing quote three times for some reason
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 02:42:05 pm by smjjames »

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 11:52:16 am »

Hydras.

Hydras.

Hydras.

Yeah, what with the ability to use all seven heads at once and I don't think they get a penalty for it. Right now they can only use one at a time.

Was it necessary to quote me thrice? ???

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 02:23:20 pm »

Oops, I'm using iPhone and it triggered three times or more when I tried quoting someone else a min ago, I have no idea why it did that. Didn't notice when I posted earlier.

Edit: I just noticed it happened in another thread, I think it's a problem with the mobile version of the forum. Whatever happened, I didn't mean to quote it three times. Fixed the redundant quotes though.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 02:44:23 pm by smjjames »

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2014, 03:48:14 pm »

Hmm...
I like dragons simply for the fact that they breath fire and most of the time, fire is quite deadly.
Rocs and dragons get bonus points for growing to huge sizes.
Hydras might not be much now, but with the next patch... you're almost fighting seven enemies in one. (Not as dangerous as seven enemies perhaps, but hey, still cool.)
Titans: Well, they may or may not be of the extremely dangerous class.
Bronze Colossus: They can be hard to kill, but damn! They might actually be made of elf statues. I mean seriously, you can't give a vote to a statue of an elf! (Unless it's Cacame or one of his holy ilk.)

Tough choice, real touch choice. Might need to abstain for now and wait for next patch then pit hydras, rocs and dragons against eachother.

Then again, I'll vote for dragons. Rocs grow big faster, but dragons can melt anything except.. well, walls and shields, really. Also, fly+building destroyer. Yeah. Need to make dragons become adults in 2 years and breed like rocs. Then I need to seal my fort from the fires. Oh the possibilities!
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Zale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2014, 09:38:06 pm »

For me the incendiary component of dragons elevates them a bit.  Plus all they want is wealth.  Throw in a compulsion for socks and a thirst for booze and they are just giant scaly dwarves.

You know, it's funny.

In Norse Myths, there was once a dwarf named Fafnir who's greed and lust for gold transformed him into a dragon.

Sounds like a dwarven morality tale.

"Remember children, if you too embrace the greed within, you can also become a giant scaly firebeast!"

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2014, 01:05:51 am »

I'd have to go with bronze colossus. I would of picked titans but they can be so fragile:P but a steel titan that shoots webs? FUN!
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Agdune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2014, 01:52:37 am »

Maybe not in their current form, but I remember when Bronze collossi were unbeatable. Well, unbeatable to everything except a corridor of weapon traps and stone fall traps, obviously.

How can anyone think otherwise? :D
I'm Mr. Cellophane
Pages: [1] 2