Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: S.T.I.N.G Discussion Thread  (Read 5136 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: S.T.I.N.G Discussion Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2014, 03:47:53 pm »

OI! You two!  Enough!

We are not doing another 15 pages of bickering, in or out of character.

Also, Patrick, he has every right to in character try to get the program shut down.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 04:01:48 pm by 4maskwolf »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2014, 03:49:00 pm »

Also, +1 vote for making SBC's turn just coming back and getting bandaged up, and if he doesn't show up next turn put someone else in and make him an NPC.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2014, 04:04:46 pm »

Oh I wasn't complaining he did it but I was surprised. It's been less then half a day. It's gonna take longer then that to settle down.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2014, 04:10:58 pm »

PlayerGamer, when can we expect an update?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2014, 04:14:56 pm »

GWG, I think you'll have to take it at some point about how innately absurd and mishmashed this type of game is. This game and the Cold-War Spy RTD all stem from the common root of my own game, <Syndicate>. A game where 8 random people decide to start a gang with the intent of conquering a town while fending off Compton gangsters, Mafioso and hordes of Irish brawlers. And this game takes a similar approach, both in terms of style and actual systems.  I'd say the whole lot of these 'Improv Gang' games are less serious than say, Einsteinian Roulette. While finding ways to root out crime are cool and all, I believe that's far deeper than Playergamer and the others players intended for this game to go. Several of us expected espionage tactics, crazy battles and intense interrogation, not eliminating criminal elements from with a socio-economic procedure.

If this game isn't to your suiting, perhaps you should leave. I'm not saying this out of any ill-will, I'd just want you to spend your time on something else that you would enjoy and/or find productive, rather than something that isn't your style out of its very nature.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2014, 04:17:14 pm »

Actually, TCM, what you described, with interrogation and whatnot, was exactly what I expected.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2014, 04:20:12 pm »

I already tortured a Cossack for information.

Broke his hand and suffocated him to within an inch of his life more then a dozen times to get him to give up the phone number for his boss.
In a police interview room.

I don't object to trying to negotiate with criminals but only when it's viable. Big gangs will laugh in your face until.you beat them into the ground.
It's negotiate from overwhelming strength or fail. At least from what I've seen and heard of these 2 gangs.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 04:22:08 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2014, 07:36:11 pm »

TCM, you realize that they will be sorely disappointed when they realize that we have no money to pay them.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2014, 07:37:53 pm »

Yeah your friends work for money. Mine work because they want to serve and protect.
Caine's law.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2014, 07:39:36 pm »

Mine work because I can give them eternal salvation.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2014, 08:28:07 pm »

Before 6pm huh player :P.
Caine's law.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2014, 09:25:07 pm »

The cat came back, the very next day

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2014, 09:21:22 am »

GWG, I think you'll have to take it at some point about how innately absurd and mishmashed this type of game is.
Yeah...it's in that weird spot where it isn't silly enough for me to not take it seriously, but it's too absurd for me to take it seriously.

If this game isn't to your suiting, perhaps you should leave. I'm not saying this out of any ill-will, I'd just want you to spend your time on something else that you would enjoy and/or find productive, rather than something that isn't your style out of its very nature.
Yeah.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2014, 11:40:56 am »

So this means your going to quit or?
Caine's law.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2014, 07:26:11 pm »

*pokes thread with a stick*
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6