Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: S.T.I.N.G Discussion Thread  (Read 5137 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: S.T.I.N.G Discussion Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2014, 10:14:14 am »

How long will Super have before he's replaced btw Player?

Anything any of you guys want to acquire? Or jobs you want to do?
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2014, 10:17:52 am »

Just posted my conversation with the retired cops, making sure your character was present for it.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2014, 10:27:25 am »

Done, do you have any other ideas or did I cover everything in my little briefing to you and TCM?
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2014, 10:41:09 am »

I was just playing in the ooc thread. Nothing I say in it is overly serious. He mentioned attacking me so I mentioned what I would do in return.
If I was actually going to do something I wouldn't be giving advanced warning.
Still very threatening.

I discuss loyalty with all my recruits, primarily to check they aren't working for a gang or some other group. I don't wanna recruit a spy.
I also have 2 people doing oversight for my actions so that's 3/6.
How do you trust those people?
And is your character not only someone who magically makes crime vanish by killing all known criminals, and who can convince strangers to work indefinitely on a highly dangerous project for no pay at all, but also a mind reader/lie detector?

Lol you tried to end the game 2 turns in?
Dear Governor,

As much as I hate to admit it, this project is swiftly becoming a failure.
The Directors are unable to cooperate with each other and each seem to have their own intents. One plans to kill any criminals he can, another is starting a cult, and others are pursuing plans less absurd but equally unrelated.
Moreover, it seems that this organization is taking a dark turn. There are discussions of how best to abuse our secrecy, our immunity to legal prosecution. I fear that if this organization grows, it will fulfill these dark nightmares.
Police officers have been "hired," with the individual who hired them gleefully talking about how they don't need to be paid. It's hard to say, but I think there will be a great gain in misery if we hire many people.

Moreover, the original purpose of the group--to stop organized crime--is going to fail disastrously.

I advise immediate termination of the STING project.
Sincerely,
Carl Anderson.

Yes, Carl is trying to end STING. He doesn't see how it will cause anything but despair and destruction. What would you do?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2014, 10:59:33 am »

Stop predicting the future and using half truths?

I never said kill all criminals I've specifically said I support you trying peaceful methods even if I doubt it works.
I said they didn't agree to join for pay not that I wouldn't pay, I specifically said I'm working on funding options for that.

Me, Vic and the doc are co-operating fine. I gave doc men for his job and he agreed to get them into training, Vic is training people mine included and I got her the kit she wanted.
Hell KJ is even monitoring the Rebs safe house at my request and Super went scouting for me, we may not he best of friends or even like each other but were cooperating in a relatively civil manner which considering we've known each other less then a day ain't bad.

The only one I'm not actively working to support at this point is you predominantly because your to busy being defeatist to actually do anything productive. It hasn't even been a day and your giving up.
Caine's law.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2014, 11:08:03 am »

Stop predicting the future and using half truths?
The full truths are long and complex, and not exactly better.
Without predicting the future, how can we move forward any way but blindly? We are imperfect, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't bother trying to figure out what will happen if things go down their current path.

I never said kill all criminals I've specifically said I support you trying peaceful methods even if I doubt it works.
And your character came of to Carl as adding "And when you fail, I'll go back to shooting crime into submission." More or less.

I said they didn't agree to join for pay not that I wouldn't pay, I specifically said I'm working on funding options for that.
Regardless, you somehow managed to get them to agree to a job where they'd be getting shot at even more than normal cops without the promise of a single penny.

Me, Vic and the doc are co-operating fine. I gave doc men for his job and he agreed to get them into training, Vic is training people mine included and I got her the kit she wanted.
Congratulations. You're getting half the people to...rely on you and your superhuman abilities to get crap.

Hell KJ is even monitoring the Rebs safe house at my request and Super went scouting for me, we may not he best of friends or even like each other but were cooperating in a relatively civil manner which considering we've known each other less then a day ain't bad.
"Doing tasks related to the same goal" is not "cooperating". If it was, France and England were cooperating during colonial times.

The only one I'm not actively working to support at this point is you predominantly because your to busy being defeatist to actually do anything productive. It hasn't even been a day and your giving up.
I am not giving up. It's just that I don't support your methods because they're doomed to fail.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2014, 11:28:36 am »

Except there not doomed to fail.If you spend 100 years trying the Rebs still will not surrender. Force is the only method to handle them as it will be for others.

That's exactly what I meant, I think you will fail you think I will fail. Both used together have the best odds of success. I have no problem using your method. Hell my primary skill is negotiation and all S.W.A.T have that skill as well. But for it to work you have to accept that my methods will be essential. You can not talk hardened gangs into going to prison without a show of force to convince them it's the best option.

How I got them to agree is simple, they respect me, they fear me and most importantly. They are good men willing to die to protect and serve. I'll see to it they get rewarded for it. Or there families if they die but that's not what motivates them.

Why should they not rely on me? I'm the best suited to that job. We play to our strengths why let a doctor try to negotiate supplies when you have a negotiator to do it.

We are cooperating. We discussed what we wanted to do. Doc wanted to set up his observers I gave him what he needed and we can run with whatever information we get. That is cooperation.
Caine's law.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2014, 11:34:13 am »

You're failing to realize what Carl's intended methods are.

Violence when violence is needed, yes, but violence can't solve the problem. He intends for STING to also work at the root, not just gunning away the worst of the leaves.

The problem with them relying on you is that it concentrates the power of the Directors into you, because the others wouldn't be willing to risk losing your support. Moreover, your character is increasingly coming off as a Mary Sue; having half the council rely on you just emphasizes this.

Patrick Hunt, I am honestly considering having Carl leave STING at the first opportunity, and this is entirely due to your character. Consider this for a sec.
Sig

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2014, 11:45:51 am »

So your problem is that my character who's skill in being a negotiator is being a negotiator? The rolls rule and they e gone my way especially in the recruitment phase.

Player even commented on how lucky I'd been.

I didn't expect the +1 to law enforcement at all I gave him injuries to fit his back story of going into lots of fights. I made him a bit paranoid to fit his families death because a cop sold him out. The +1 wasn't my idea I didn't even know it existed until he told me once we started.

I have no problems with you going after the root of the problem. I can train some negotiators for you if you want to help you with it and do the same for the others if they want to be free of me so they can do negotiating for themselves.my e Bern pretty free with all my skills and resources.
If you want to do it yourself just ask me politely rather then hitting me and I'll help you set up to be self sefficient. The offer extends to everybody.
Caine's law.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2014, 12:18:28 pm »

So your problem is that my character who's skill in being a negotiator is being a negotiator? The rolls rule and they e gone my way especially in the recruitment phase.
Player even commented on how lucky I'd been.
I didn't expect the +1 to law enforcement at all I gave him injuries to fit his back story of going into lots of fights. I made him a bit paranoid to fit his families death because a cop sold him out. The +1 wasn't my idea I didn't even know it existed until he told me once we started.
Which part of this makes your character come off as less of a Mary Sue? The only change is who is supposedly to blame.

I have no problems with you going after the root of the problem.
Your character sure seems to be implying otherwise, with how he keeps saying that the only way we can stop crime is to kill it all.

I can train some negotiators for you if you want to help you with it and do the same for the others if they want to be free of me so they can do negotiating for themselves.my e Bern pretty free with all my skills and resources.
1. Negotiators aren't what I need. Lobbyists, maybe.
2. Remember what I said earlier about everyone being reliant on you, and how that's bad for balance and whatnot?
Sig

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2014, 12:24:24 pm »

Ok your 2 key problems are Corran seemingly trying to take control and being reliant on him correct?

I have a solution I just want to clarify first to make sure I.understand you completely.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 12:31:22 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2014, 12:42:27 pm »

Those are the largest ones, yes. Along with how absurd the game is overall.
Sig

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2014, 01:01:28 pm »

Well the third I can't help with so maybe this game isn't right for you. But absurd in what way?

As for the first 2. I don't want control, leading civilians is a nightmare to Corran all he wants or sees himself doing now for that matter is commanding the TRF. Tactical Response Force. That's all and both Mask and TCM are fully aware of what's he's doing.
He doesn't see what he's doing as gaining control, he sees it simply as using his skills to get people what they need.

As for reliance. I can train you all negotiators. Then you don't need me because they can do the same job as me although they'd lack my law enforcement contacts.
Or I could build the organization a supply line that you can all use freely which  also means your not reliant on me. Either ways works but you'd have to propose it because it goes against my characters paranoia.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 01:26:20 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2014, 02:15:50 pm »

It doesn't matter what his intentions are--the road to Hell is paved with good ones, and if none of the rest of us can stop you you're going to be driving right there.

In what way is the game absurd? Maybe I can.help with it.
Well, let's see.
A secret task force is set up with the intended purpose of ending basically all crime, but no plan or guidelines.
One of the members managed to wipe out crime with a two-year murder spree, without ending up in jail.
Said member also managed to convince dozens of people to work long, dangerous hours with no promise of even a penny of salary.
And it's just starting.
Sig

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2014, 02:22:11 pm »

Well the gm deemed it acceptable for his game and it's his choice.

I've offered you a way out of me gathering supplies for everybody. Actually I offered you 2 ways.

Corran will never attempt to take control, at the very worst if he really believes he can't work with you he will leave with his men and operate independently. But that's a long way off. He'd rather work with you. Command his TRF and leave the peaceful side up to you guys.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 02:39:45 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6