Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 221333 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Slction
« Reply #915 on: February 04, 2014, 12:02:10 am »

Erm...
I'm not evil and I don't like NQT.
Well, I didn't say that only evil people dislike NQT.
I said that everyone other than Tiruin (<-- This is a generalization) is disliking NQT.
I then made a separate comment on the Evil people specially.

Sorry if I made it seem like I said "NQT hater are Team Evil" but I didn't mean it like that.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: February 04, 2014, 12:20:45 am »

*Sigh* This is probably going to be taken badly, but NQT is being too dodgy and has spent too much time buying time for my tastes. My vote goes to NQT, with nothing in my dig showing anything for NQT besides Meta.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: February 04, 2014, 12:22:14 am »

...I'm stupidly tired, third time i've done this most likely. NQT
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: February 04, 2014, 02:26:26 am »

It would seem we've reached an impasse, team Evil.

I'll advocate also lynching Mr. Badict tomorrow for being an absent late-person and this schoolsystem sucks.

-so true I like that last part-
Erm...
I'm not evil and I don't like NQT.
Oh really? I hate NQT and I'm going against his mass-vote! Why don't you like NQT? His 'defensiveness'? His brevity?

Well, now people may know why I hate brevity!
But that's aside the point. You voted him because...what? Poor play? I could understand implications leading to such a breakdown at that level (or his conscience..but that'd be just weird given your role == bastard-level evil). But it doesn't make sense.

I'd also be pushing forward a 'hey let's leave NQT alive to by tomorrow we can watch him squirm.' But we seem to be lynching him for tons of reasons which don't even make sense! They have to be inferred to make sense.

*points at Leafsnail*
Seriously. We're only at 5 player activity lately, and everyone's just sitting on their person-platforms and lazing around. Caz is being useless and has done nothing but joke joke joke! Those who've voted NQT, sans Evil-people, are doing nothing to press their target further or doubletriple check for fallibility. Those who're doing everything else are just defaulting towards recent reasoning without developing their own CNS.

Good gods this class. This..this atmosphere. Just because there's no definite wincon doesn't mean everyone else has to act like damn robots!

At least I'm happy with my choice of sending protection to the only other person that seems to bloody care. If at least by his role.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: February 04, 2014, 03:21:53 am »

Huh, the day isn't over.  But I'm almost done for!

I think an apology is in order: I've completely failed to clearly present myself, for which I'm sorry. Basically, there is a lack of clarity over the mechanics and I literally have no idea what will happen when I'm lynched (which seems inevitable right now) and I'm worried that the outcome might be pretty bad depending on how the mods resolve part of the rules. I've decided, for good or ill, to treat the Evil players as the scum in this game until I recieve contraindication. I realise that I'm almost alone in this.

In a normal game, no one sides with claimed scum to lynch the confirmed town player because that players is witholding information that would be useful to scum. My mistake was in treating this game like a normal game. My trouble was that in absence of clear win cons and inadequate sign posting about what the intended point of this game is, I felt like the best way to proceed (once we'd tried to discover everything we could) was as if we had the implied wincon to get rid of Evil or meteor summoners. I should have made a stronger case for doing this.

If there does turn out to be a point to all this, then I hope my lynch is useful and not as disastrous as I fear it might be.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: February 04, 2014, 04:26:27 am »

'Almost alone'.

>___>
I'm inferring town's wincon is to do the common good. ENOUGH with thinking Mafia/Town but NOtEvil/Evil.
Evil people is to do evil stuffs. Not Evil people is to do good stuffs.
And whether or not NQT-

NQT: Why don't you extend that mandate onto yourself?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: February 04, 2014, 04:39:30 am »

NQT: Why don't you extend that mandate onto yourself?
Well in truth I was just humouring you in the hope that you'd vote in such a way as not to get me lynched. That hasn't transpired and your failure to vote for Ranger when the vote was tied earlier has allowed me to get lynched now. You made your choice to let it happen. I have no reason to believe my declarations have any impact on the game or setting. But let's humour you one last time:

This vote is in fact the class election: if the president is voted, she gets a slice of cake and a pat on the back and gets to run the class for a whole 'nother term with no harm done to anyone.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: February 04, 2014, 05:12:39 am »

WOW
Shift the thrice damn blame on me, will you?!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: February 04, 2014, 05:21:08 am »

No. I'm just saying plainly that if you wanted to, you could have avoided an NQT-lynch when the vote was tied. I take responsibility for my play but I cannot account for the voting of other players. In any mafia game, town are as responsible for a mislynch as scum. I'm not shifting the blame: I'm pointing out that for all your verbal appearance of defending me, in practical terms (of votes) you haven't helped me at all. Do you deny this?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: February 04, 2014, 05:36:56 am »

Of course I do! Have you not done the 'math' either? Everyone else is lazing about in these poorly funded seats, and the teacher is slacking off doing whatever else there is.
The only people able to push forward a case and complete it is what forwards the lynch! You haven't done much and instead give up, lie down, and frickin' die.
Then you say I don't help you at all.

HAH

You're a joke of a president.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: February 04, 2014, 05:45:19 am »

Leafsnail: Why are we lynching NQT one last time?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: February 04, 2014, 05:57:34 am »

Tiruin
The only people able to push forward a case and complete it is what forwards the lynch! You haven't done much and instead give up, lie down, and frickin' die.
Hardly. If this was a regular game then there'd be no problem. Only, most of the players have openly stated that they don't know what they're trying achieve in this game. I've made my case time and time again and I'm talking on borrowed time now.

Walnuts, Tiruin, Cheese, Caz, makeinu, Wolf, Hapah if you get a chance before the day ends: please vote Ranger. I'll say it once again: if you think your goal might not align with people who are openly Evil, then don't let the confirmed Not Evil player be lynched. I know that we don't really know what's going on in this game. I've got only the slither of the inkling. I want to tell you all about it, but you need to keep me alive until tomorrow.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: February 04, 2014, 06:23:39 am »

Tiruin
Hardly. If this was a regular game then there'd be no problem. Only, most of the players have openly stated that they don't know what they're trying achieve in this game. I've made my case time and time again and I'm talking on borrowed time now.

Walnuts, Tiruin, Cheese, Caz, makeinu, Wolf, Hapah if you get a chance before the day ends: please vote Ranger. I'll say it once again: if you think your goal might not align with people who are openly Evil, then don't let the confirmed Not Evil player be lynched. I know that we don't really know what's going on in this game. I've got only the slither of the inkling. I want to tell you all about it, but you need to keep me alive until tomorrow.
I don't think I've any bloody goal. I believe my bloody goal is doing what is bloody right.

RangerCado since everyone else seems so blind MMPH towards Leafsnail's faux pas.

If this was a regular game, I'd be whipping you for your antics. If this was a regular game, I'd be seeing NQT fighting tooth and nail on every bit everyone else is accusing him--thereby NOT providing them any kind of foothold. If this was a regular game, I'd be seeing NQT denouncing my ideas just like everyone else YET still providing and honoring the good name of logic.

If this was a regular game, I'd not be seeing you sitting there, probably moping or just wearing that apathy-face as a mask. I'd be seeing you play. Or in the least, link back to why you believe 'x' should be lynched. Why, in the least, you'd not be hoping on emotional tells for safety.
If you're not scum--you're third-party. Third-party, who doesn't seem to want to help.
I recall one game wherein you were the SK. Toaster's Roguelike, yeah? You fought damn well there. Nobody expected you to be an SK.

Does this game prove that most Mafia players only move towards their wincon and not act on principle? Most likely!

I know that we don't really know what's going on in this game. I've got only the slither of the inkling. I want to tell you all about it, but you need to keep me alive until tomorrow.
I'd provide a good concise list of 'why Leafsnail is blowing hot air into this scenario, and winning.' but then nobody listens to me too! To round the essence of the statement back to you. Look back, he's really topping it off.
Nobody addressed my fear of 'President dies - game over', despite it being as valid as Leafsnail's 'Bellsounder-idea' on you. Ah well.

Scum-kill me in the night. I'm through. I could've in the least asked for a nicer role background, but no. I like beards and that is it. Woop-dee-doo. I can't even revel in the flavor.

NQT: Get your face out of the muck and fight this garbage heap trying to overwhelm you and BE THAT PERSON I BELIEVED IN.

Also you forgot to address MOWE, and Toaster, and those other people doing everything else but post here (no offense). Why don't you do that? :I

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: February 04, 2014, 07:22:25 am »

Wolf
Tiruin: NQT has been evasive and, frankly, a tad irritating and condescending for a while. I don't have any evidence against anyone, but NQT has been behaving highly defensive all game, and has been trying to start a bandwagon against the most obvious target instead of trying to find more information about others.
Bullshit and if you took more than a moment to think about it, you'd realise this: I was the one who asked everyone the most questions about wincons and their Evil status. I wanted to get to the bottom of this. Finding me irritating isn't a good reason to lynch and is probably counter to your hidden wincon.

Also, he has been claiming some game-changing information that nobody else has, which, to me, smacks of trying to avoid a lynch. A lynch he wasn't even in danger of, before he said that.
Or, I do actually have that information. You realise that you're contradicting yourself here: how could I be trying to avoid being lynched when I wasn't even in danger of it?

Leafsnail
I've already made my position clear: NQT = Good, players who did not receive an alignment = not good or evil.  If you were Good then why didn't webadict tell you you were in your role PM?  Why would he make a special exception for NQT?
You consistently and conveniently ignore this:
If you're not told you're Evil, you're not Evil.

You could then ask why you, as a neutral person should vote for NQT and not me, and to that I'd point to the mountain of knowledge that NQT is sitting on, and the fact that the moderator was trying to trick you into thinking he's confirmed town.  Those factors both scream "bastard scum" far louder than "three players who were told they were evil but who got no extra knowledge or abilities".
I don't have a mountain of knowledge. I just know one big thing and it's of the exact same kind of information that I know other people. That you can't seem to work it out is pleasing because if you could you wouldn't be trying to lynch me.

It's possibly that neutral and evil have different goals, but I'm pretty sure that both of us are anti-Good because NQT is clearly bastard scum.
Clearly? I don't think it's so clear to most of the players in this game.

Yeah, NQT is playing poorly.  But that's not surprising considering that NQT is a poor scum player.
Nonsense. The only time I've played regular scum I won. I usually get given town or third party roles. Also, none of us have clear wincons and I've openly stated what I'm taking to be my wincon: getting rid of you, Ranger and Darkstar. Does that sound like a scum wincon? It's what I'm aiming at. You're dead tomorrow.

I'm not advocating for him because his claim is clearly false.  Either he doesn't actually have that knowledge and he's lying to save his skin, or he does have that knowledge because he's scum.
Or, as is actually the case, I have knowledge of the same kind that many other players have openly stated to have, that is counter to Evil.

No. It'll make sense tomorrow if I'm still alive to tell you. You'll all be kicking yourself.
I've just realized: this is absolutely bizarre.  As town NQT almost always argues exclusively with facts: vote count analysis, role flips, postcount numbers.  But this is a straight-up appeal to emotion that has no logical basis, it doesn't fit with the way NQT plays town at all.
It's already Day 1 and all the people I've taken to be scum have claimed. What point is there now in scum hunting? This 'game' (if it is even a game) has only a superficial resemblance to a regular mafia game.

No, it clearly is not remotely the same kind of information.  Other than my role I have very vague information that kindof hints towards what my win condition might be if you squint a bit (in fact, I've already claimed it and no-one cared because it wasn't very interesting).  Yours, on the other hand, apparently contains devastating information that would blow the entire game wide open if it were made public (but only on day one).  It also apparently specifically says you cannot be lynched on day one.  That means you clearly have far, far more information than any of the rest of us.
No, it doesn't say I can't be lynched on day 1: I've only said that would be a bad idea given the lack of clarity over mechanics. I've only had one small piece of information and it's the same kind that other players have had. For a supposedly hot shot puzzle solver, you haven't paid enough attention to realise what it is.

Cheese
I'm not voting Cado, I need him (her, whatever) alive.
Why?

Tiruin
Also you forgot to address MOWE, and Toaster
I didn't forget: they're voting the same way as I am so they're OK by me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: February 04, 2014, 07:32:26 am »

For posterity: I'm trigger-happy to vote Leafsnail but given lacking support-I'm going for whomever isn't NQT due to over-scumminess over him (...which means I'm reluctant to vote Cado due to information gained).

4mask: Your reason for voting NQT is immature (meaning: not wholly conceived as logical). You vote him because of behavior? What basis do you have that his behavior makes him scum? Next, compare it to Leafsnail--I could also say that his 'smooth talk' is a null tell as he isn't the one being directly under pressure. That's a thing with the crowdmind.
You don't like NQT? I don't like NQT. However let me tell you a story:

One time at sea, there were these mutineers. They wanted to kill the Captain for being such a big jerk, but the Captain was a fierce man, and could only be taken down in numbers--he had two associates. Now the problem was telling loyalist from mutineer, and the storm of subterfuge grew in the days passing. One mutineer-unbeknownst to the rest-was not...that good with words, so to speak. It came to pass that the boiling point happened. Most of the mutiny was heading for failure if it were not for that mutineer--was it his fault? No. The choice came down to two people that COULD'VE saved the whole mutiny if it were not for their blind rage at what just happened. The stroke of the moment passed, and disaster befell the mutineers. The Captain executed the lot, and the trio were left with more rations than they could imagine. The Cap'n and his loyal crew feasted and reveled over this glory that not one of their number died in the mishap.

The lesson: Don't judge by damn emotions. If you'd like my opinion-I'm speaking from the figurehead here. You don't want to feel my emotions.

So tell me-Why are you voting NQT?
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 112