Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: Trader of Favors (SG)  (Read 28467 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Trader of Favors (SG)
« Reply #120 on: January 31, 2014, 07:43:35 pm »

Explain to him that, well, you're dead son!

Right-o, ask if he really thinks that all his belongings will do him any good the way he is right now. Ghost these days...  ::)
Oh! And try to exploit him by offering his life and stuff back for something of equal or (of course) greater value.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 31, 2014, 07:53:58 pm »

+1 to all said  :)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 31, 2014, 08:19:03 pm »

Yeah, pretty much nothing to say that hasn't been said.
Took me a second read, though, to realize that it really is a ghost, and not a second occupant of this building.

Oh, but let him know that if he would desire to pass on, rather than get his life back, we know a friend who is coming into some fine estate soon, and that it's a better place to go then most; both the ghost and our friend would be grateful for the arrangement, I think. And we'd get some debt from that condescending fool.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 31, 2014, 09:24:43 pm »

Trader of Favors, a Pactbinder.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Diplomacy 1d20-2(target is displeased)= 11
"Perhaps you do not understand. Spirit, you've died, whatever claim you have to these things is long passed. However..." You begin an attempt to console the spirit, and perhaps bring up the possibility of some bargain, but are cut off roughly.

"Enough. I did not ask for you to explain the obvious to me, and i assure you i have the power to protect my possessions if i so wish, a claim i'm sure a creature such as yourself can respect. I'm not some spirit gone half-mad with my plight, i have come to be in this position more or less knowingly, and remain here for the same reasons for which a mortal clings to their own existence." The spirit crosses his insubstantial arms, frowning deeply. "Now, i ask again, and if i do not recieve an answer i will have to resort to threats of violence. Why. Are. You. Here."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 31, 2014, 09:26:20 pm »

Well I suppose the only thing we can say is 'fuck if I know, seemed nice'.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 31, 2014, 09:39:26 pm »

Tell him our Previous lord casted us out but we outfoxed him trough a loophole but that we have little power in this world for 4-days. Ask him if he uses these books still.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 31, 2014, 09:57:26 pm »

No, no, not the whole truth. We want to give him half truths.

Tell him we are here not of our choice, and once commanded the power of armies of might. Through forces not of our own and beyond his strength, we were sent here, and require the use of this stuff. And if his last resort is threats of violence, then he has little use of any of it anyways, and is powerless to stop up; or if he really can, we can strike a bargain we can both benefit from.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 31, 2014, 11:35:56 pm »

I will try to update tonight, but will wait some more either for opinions and suggestions to be fleshed out or for a consensus of some sort to be reached.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 01, 2014, 03:26:00 am »

Explain him that we were once much more powerful, but we displeased someone and got banned here. We are attempting to regain our lost power.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 01, 2014, 08:09:14 am »

No, no, not the whole truth. We want to give him half truths.

Tell him we are here not of our choice, and once commanded the power of armies of might. Through forces not of our own and beyond his strength, we were sent here, and require the use of this stuff. And if his last resort is threats of violence, then he has little use of any of it anyways, and is powerless to stop up; or if he really can, we can strike a bargain we can both benefit from.
+1

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 01, 2014, 02:26:26 pm »

Trader of Favors, a Pactbinder.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bluff 1d20=4
You puff yourself up, attempting to take a confident stance conveying strength, but as you do so you feel the skin over your knee rip painfully, and you gasp out in pain, stumbling against the wall. Gritting your teeth, you snap at the spirit, your pain coloring your words."Now see here spirit. In hell i was a creature of *power*. I commanded troops, ruled over an estate. Forces beyond me sent me here, and i intend to gain power among the mortals. " Again, you are forced to gasp out in pain. Is this what every husk goes through even without the overwork and torture? You cannot remember your existence as a husk so many thousand years ago. You cannot allow the spirit to see you as weak however, so you stand up straight, ignoring the pain, and hold out your torch menacingly."Even wounded as i am, i am not without strength. Can you say the same spirit? Do you really have what is necessary to protect your possessions? If so, i suggest we bargain for them. "

The spirit laughs, his laugh is haunting and laced with supernatural dread, such a gift would instill fear in a mortal, but thankfully has no effect on a creature like you. "Yes, i have power, allow me to demonstrate." The spirit Wraps a hand around some invisible construct and pulls. The sword at your side slides cleanly and quickly out of it's scabbard, and levels it's tip at your chest, a shadowy duplicate appears in the ghost's hand, it's texture and quality definitively different than the rest of the spirit. "A very fine weapon, Demon made if the discomfort it gives my essence is any judge. In any case, i have had nearly five decades to master the powers my current form has offered me, and the spellcasting i learned while alive is still potent." He grins menacingly at you. "While you? Even if what you've said is true what power you had was likely expended merely in escaping whoever it was you displeased. A demon would never allow itself to be reduced to such a pathetic form without first expending every bit of power it had at it's disposal."
The spirit shrugs, and places your sword back into it's scabbard, the spirit duplicate vanishing in a puff of smoke as he does so. "Still, we could both be useful to one another. My books stay here, other things i am willing to bargain for. I am in need of someone to run a few errands, and you are in need of worldly knowledge and possessions to make your way."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 01, 2014, 03:18:30 pm »

Eat him.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 01, 2014, 03:38:55 pm »

I think we're stuck...

Do his errand but we must have a whole day learning from the books after each errand.

Oh an the right to eat essences of the wall when we need.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 01, 2014, 04:22:58 pm »

Eat him.

"An intriguing thought, but i fear that as a sentient being i would need the creatures consent to consume his soul, which is all that remains of him. If i had some grasp of necromancy it is possible i could break him down to raw energy and then consume him, but i lack that skill."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 01, 2014, 05:06:22 pm »

Fine. Leave after setting the books alight after all, he didn't want us taking them.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15