Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Gearhead abandoned?  (Read 5635 times)

blazing glory

Gearhead abandoned?
« on: January 14, 2014, 11:06:25 pm »

The main website doesn't seem to exist any more and whenever I try to go on the forum the website is stuck on a infinite loading loop

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gearhead abandoned?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 11:12:49 pm »

pc gearhead? the web site loaded for me.

blazing glory

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 11:20:15 pm »

strange,any links to gearhead rpg end up the same as trying to go on the forum,the only thing that actully loads is a ad for something called bluehost

also is there any dev updates or is the thing still going on about jopheth hewitt making gearhead caramel?

blazing glory

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 11:28:16 pm »

huh,after leaving the thing loading long enough the thing loaded,but it doesn't look anything like the main gearhead website or forum,below the ad is the words Gearheadrpg.com on some kind of blue back ground,below the blue back ground is black with a link labled as Privacy Policy Legal policies,a little bit to the right is a little option to change the language,at the bottom is more of this blue host going as

Help Center Contact Us About Us Affiliates Terms
©2012 Bluehost.com. All rights reserved.

The help center,contact us,about us, affiliates terms are all links

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 11:31:04 pm »

You googled gearhead, clicked the first link, said "Site is up!" and ignored the content? :V

I noticed it wasn't anything to do with a game, and that there were no games at all in the first page of results (for me anyways), so I visited wikipedia, which said there were no games named "Gearhead," but were some very old games named Gearheads and Gearhead Garage. I checked the Gearhead Garage website, it was up.

Since the OP didn't include a link to the site he said was down... or anything about what it was...
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 11:34:59 pm »

I presume he is talking about the Gearhead roguelike, which is an AWESOME mech based roguelike in two parts, 1 and 2.

The answer appears to be yes, the site is gone. It used to be at gearheadrpg .com, at least fairly sure of that, not letting it hyperlink due to not positive. Now when you search gearhead rpg, the site comes up at the bottom of the results. I know the creator has done almost no work on it in forever, so it is likely the site went down and he just stopped updating it. The wiki reset a while ago, and never got updated again, so pretty sure its dead. Unless, we use our bay12 powers to revive it and reclaim it as our own.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 11:49:12 pm »

You googled gearhead, clicked the first link, said "Site is up!" and ignored the content? :V

I noticed it wasn't anything to do with a game, and that there were no games at all in the first page of results (for me anyways), so I visited wikipedia, which said there were no games named "Gearhead," but were some very old games named Gearheads and Gearhead Garage. I checked the Gearhead Garage website, it was up.

Since the OP didn't include a link to the site he said was down... or anything about what it was...

sorry i had no clue of he was talking about, so i picked the first game related thing on google.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 11:50:48 pm »

Gearhead 2 is still on sourceforge, I believe.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

blazing glory

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 11:51:18 pm »

I presume he is talking about the Gearhead roguelike, which is an AWESOME mech based roguelike in two parts, 1 and 2.

you are correct I should have been more specific,knowing that if you just type gearhead then you get a bunch of websites about cars

blazing glory

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2014, 11:52:48 pm »

Gearhead 2 is still on sourceforge, I believe.

I already have both gearheads (in my openion though,gearhead 1 is by far better then gearhead 2

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 12:31:17 am »

They're both still on Sourceforge:

GearHead 1
GearHead 2

...and here's the last archived snapshot of the old dev blog site.

blazing glory

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 02:01:29 am »

They're both still on Sourceforge:

GearHead 1
GearHead 2

...and here's the last archived snapshot of the old dev blog site.

lol webpage not avalible, somewhat ironic.

EDIT FROM THE FUTURE FOR NO REASON:^...What? I was pretty stupid there.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 01:23:40 am by blazing glory »

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2014, 03:08:10 am »

All three links worked for me.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2014, 07:30:06 am »

This seems to be his twitter: https://twitter.com/pyrrho12 so fortunately he appears to be OK, probably just forgot to renew the domain (EDIT: or the hosting, it looks like the domain doesn't expire til April 22).

« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 07:38:21 am by gimlet »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2014, 08:59:49 pm »

I was real bummed to see the wiki reset.  Lots of cool formulas that are good to know, like how many companions a character can have in GH1 with X charisma and Y leadership.  Or all those robotics creation formulas.

EDIT: The GHwiki is available via wayback machine, but most of the content seems to inaccessible.  Need to fiddle with it a bit more.

WaybackMachine GHwiki page
Pages: [1] 2 3