Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Your first/most recent artifact?  (Read 1670 times)

Nico2167

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE Bogeymen
    • View Profile
Your first/most recent artifact?
« on: January 14, 2014, 02:19:25 pm »

My first and most recent artifact is Muthir Megid "The Columns of Sliding": a pine earing with cabochon.

Im interested in what kind of wonders your dorfs have created
Beware that looking into cross breed babies tend to be hella glitchy and crash the game if you save and reload the game as DF doesn't know how to reproduce what ever the god living hell you made.

rolk112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your first/most recent artifact?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 02:36:59 pm »

I can't remember the name of it but I just got a black caiman bone breastplate.
This is DF.  The concept 'good idea' and the concept 'safe' do not belong together in the same sentence.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 03:18:42 pm »

My first one was WAY back in 40d, so I don't remember.

My most recent artifact is 'Glossedrabble' a green glass bucket. I also have another green glass bucket artifact in the fort.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 03:35:42 pm »

For the first time in pretty much forever, i found some of the special diamonds - two "clear" diamonds. Cut one up and left one raw, forbid them and kept them in stock. When the jeweller mooded, i forbade all gems but the raw clear diamond and got a perfect clear diamond with the customary clear diamond decoration, depicting the coronation of a long-past vampire queen. 144000☼ value from a single gem. For quite a while, this one gem represented half of our fortress wealth.

Nico2167

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE Bogeymen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 03:41:01 pm »

For the first time in pretty much forever, i found some of the special diamonds - two "clear" diamonds. Cut one up and left one raw, forbid them and kept them in stock. When the jeweller mooded, i forbade all gems but the raw clear diamond and got a perfect clear diamond with the customary clear diamond decoration, depicting the coronation of a long-past vampire queen. 144000☼ value from a single gem. For quite a while, this one gem represented half of our fortress wealth.
Now thats something impressing, now you just need that gem to end up in the hands of the future vampire queen/king
Beware that looking into cross breed babies tend to be hella glitchy and crash the game if you save and reload the game as DF doesn't know how to reproduce what ever the god living hell you made.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 04:21:20 pm »

i think my first one was a plain quern made out of sandstone or marble or something, about as lame as it gets :D

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 04:31:44 pm »

The first artifact that I remember was from a mason called Tun Kulalid who ended up with seven or eight kids following her and would not put that damned door down so I could place it somewhere.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

backora900

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 05:03:44 pm »

My first artifact was a "ruby chain". So I set up a treasury with a dog as a guard. Pretty much he was guarding only that chain he was chained to. :D

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 05:22:39 pm »

My first artifact was an iron helmet, can't remember the name. My most recent artifact was a green glass sawblade. Put it in a trap in the royal office/ royal dining room and the combo room is now grand.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2014, 05:50:52 pm »

first:
Marble table, decorated with pink tourmaline and..maybe some other stuff.
Worth about 20k. 

Eventually wound up resizing all the bedrooms to include it, discovering the mass-overlap exploit in the process.
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

Pukako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 12:50:12 am »

I think my first ever artifact was a stone chair. Not exciting, but it was the first. That was about 5 years ago.

Recently, though, we just had a tetrahedrite amulet with many kinds of leather. Before that, a child produced Frezyfancied, the brush of pregnancies, a metal ring, that disturbed me greatly.

Because DF players are heavily into pain.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 09:14:40 am »

My first artifact was a perfect amethyst (60K). Was pretty neat then, considering i have not mastered the art of Mood manipulation.

My last artifact was this:

I love the name, "Twistedlungs". Apropiate for a breastplate i think.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2014, 12:45:21 pm »

I think my first ever artifact was a stone chair. Not exciting, but it was the first. That was about 5 years ago.

Recently, though, we just had a tetrahedrite amulet with many kinds of leather. Before that, a child produced Frezyfancied, the brush of pregnancies, a metal ring, that disturbed me greatly.
You will learn that any furniture artifact is exciting, even if it's only worth 2k.  

Useless amulets, rings, etc. that attract seiges without giving you an indestructable piece of furniture to distract building destroyers...
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

Eidre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2014, 12:50:39 pm »

The first one I remember was a table named "Adjustedsyrups, the Certainty of Burning".  Not sure how you adjust your syrup, but the second part seems pretty prophetic for an average DF game.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2014, 03:40:23 pm »

If only it were called Sound[/b]syrups...
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
Pages: [1] 2