Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do we skip round five in return for a free shape land action next round?

YES!
- 4 (50%)
No!
- 1 (12.5%)
Meh
- 3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: February 01, 2014, 02:04:40 pm

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Dawn of Worlds: OOC - Coop World Generation  (Read 9949 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of Worlds: OOC - Coop World Generation
« Reply #135 on: February 18, 2014, 11:59:36 am »

I actually half expected DarkPaladin to smite them as soon as I made them and he hade the power to do so. We are only working together in the sense that we are building the same world. We aren't really helping each other and I fully expect us all to go to war during the third age. Also, as for poor roleplaying Gods were horrible to each other on a regular basis I think that even including what I've done we are one of the tamer pantheons.
And I established fairly early on that smiting was to be kept to the minimum - if all avatars are killed the instant they are made the game end in a dead end, where all the races are constantly at war, which isn't interesting.
Please - undo the action, and find a better use for the power, at least at this stage. if, in future, the avatar cause actual harm to the race, then smiting might be justified - however, given that no harm has been caused and you are acting entirely preemptively, it is not.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 18, 2014, 12:00:31 pm »

You know, it seems like the only nice part of this place is the very center: the forest and Dragonia. Everywhere else is extremely inhospitable. About the debate: far as I know, smiting isn't in the rules. Also, Froggy, next time you should least smite in a way that creates an actual story. Making some hydra get the quest to kill the giant magical elemental is cool. Just smiting it is boring.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 18, 2014, 12:04:06 pm »

I actually half expected DarkPaladin to smite them as soon as I made them and he hade the power to do so. We are only working together in the sense that we are building the same world. We aren't really helping each other and I fully expect us all to go to war during the third age. Also, as for poor roleplaying Gods were horrible to each other on a regular basis I think that even including what I've done we are one of the tamer pantheons.
*smack*
*points to title*
Do you know what "Coop" means?

And we're not exactly roleplaying gods in the sense of "I am Zilla, God of Monsters!" We're more directing the actions of the pantheon.

It's still a four headed dragon with power over nature that can fly.
I'm getting the vibe that no matter what I say you're going to argue that I'm plagiarizing you.

Also, Froggy, next time you should least smite in a way that creates an actual story. Making some hydra get the quest to kill the giant magical elemental is cool. Just smiting it is boring.
And bad play, since you basically make me waste my entire turn.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 18, 2014, 12:08:32 pm »

You know, it seems like the only nice part of this place is the very center: the forest and Dragonia. Everywhere else is extremely inhospitable. About the debate: far as I know, smiting isn't in the rules. Also, Froggy, next time you should least smite in a way that creates an actual story. Making some hydra get the quest to kill the giant magical elemental is cool. Just smiting it is boring.
Inhospitable areas are less easy to steal for other purposes. Creatures in general want to take over the peaceful forest a lot more than the carnivorous plateau.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 18, 2014, 12:09:34 pm »

I actually half expected DarkPaladin to smite them as soon as I made them and he hade the power to do so.
I had no reason to randomly destroy any race you put your efforts into wrting the origins of, because that would just be mean.
As for the matter at hand I think we can come to a compromise: either change the number of heads the Hydras have or the number of heads GWG's avatar has.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 18, 2014, 12:19:51 pm »

I think we can come to a compromise: either change the number of heads the Hydras have or the number of heads GWG's avatar has.
Whilst i could live with that, I would regardless like to make clear that no one has 'ownership' over anything but their avatars.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 12:23:18 pm by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 18, 2014, 12:28:21 pm »

Inhospitable areas are less easy to steal for other purposes. Creatures in general want to take over the peaceful forest a lot more than the carnivorous plateau.
My reasoning is "Hospitable areas are homogeneous and dull."

As for the matter at hand I think we can come to a compromise: either change the number of heads the Hydras have or the number of heads GWG's avatar has.
1. What, so only one person can make things with four heads?
2. I think the hydras' head number would have to change. The avatar has four heads, one to breathe/be each element. The hydras, AFAIK, do not have any such thing.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 18, 2014, 12:35:10 pm »

Sorryx if it sounds like I'm forcing you to do it, GWG. As for the Hydras, I don't think they're Hydras at all. They sound more like dragons than anything else.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 18, 2014, 12:56:10 pm »

Also, Froggy, next time you should least smite in a way that creates an actual story. Making some hydra get the quest to kill the giant magical elemental is cool. Just smiting it is boring.
I would have but I can't talk to or lead the hydras without a avatar... you know what I'll change my action but this is far from over GWG.
2. I think the hydras' head number would have to change. The avatar has four heads, one to breathe/be each element. The hydras, AFAIK, do not have any such thing.
The hydras breath the elements as well.
Sorryx if it sounds like I'm forcing you to do it, GWG. As for the Hydras, I don't think they're Hydras at all. They sound more like dragons than anything else.
Yeah hydras are effectively the siamese twins of dragonkind as per the lore of You Are the Heads of a Hydra.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 12:59:23 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 18, 2014, 01:04:20 pm »

I would have but I can't talk to or lead the hydras without a avatar
Actually - you require a sect, which you have as creator - as clearly stated in the rules under 'command race'

Regardless, given the fact that GWG has done nothing against you, carry on and change the action. Unprovoked attacks are not going to be tolerated without good worldbuilding reasons

Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 18, 2014, 01:09:23 pm »

The hydras breath the elements as well.
I read it as one element per hydra.
Sig

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 18, 2014, 01:28:40 pm »

I would have but I can't talk to or lead the hydras without a avatar
Regardless, given the fact that GWG has done nothing against you, carry on and change the action. Unprovoked attacks are not going to be tolerated without good worldbuilding reasons
Well that's historically inaccurate. :/

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 18, 2014, 01:34:07 pm »

...How so?
Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 18, 2014, 01:37:08 pm »

Because unprovoked attacks are practically all anyone in history does?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 18, 2014, 01:38:48 pm »

No, there's pretty much always some provocation.

Well, at least half the time.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11