Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do we skip round five in return for a free shape land action next round?

YES!
- 4 (50%)
No!
- 1 (12.5%)
Meh
- 3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: February 01, 2014, 02:04:40 pm

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Dawn of Worlds: OOC - Coop World Generation  (Read 10003 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of Worlds: OOC - Coop World Generation
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2014, 03:53:54 pm »

I edited it, but I have no idea how to post the edited version.
1. Save to Computer.
2. Upload to imgur.
3. Post the BBCode link.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2014, 03:55:13 pm »

The link to the IC thread only lead to the Forum Games board.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2014, 04:01:05 pm »

The link to the IC thread only lead to the Forum Games board.
Cheers for the heads up.

Though please note:
Adding height=240 width=320 after the image tag makes it a more reasonable size. Like so:
Code: [Select]
[spoiler][URL=http://imgur.com/KcpBI2j][IMG height=240 width=320]http://i.imgur.com/KcpBI2j.png[/IMG][/URL][/spoiler]
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2014, 04:03:18 pm »

I posted my turn. If there's anything wrong with my turn, inform me.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2014, 04:06:17 pm »

All fine. ideally it wouldn't have been the AoE map, but i can live with it as is, and i'll probably move the AoE indicator into the sea on the next round so it's still there but out of the way.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2014, 06:39:33 pm »

To be clear my post at the beginning means I'm passing this turn to accumulate my powah!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2014, 11:10:03 pm »

All fine. ideally it wouldn't have been the AoE map, but i can live with it as is, and i'll probably move the AoE indicator into the sea on the next round so it's still there but out of the way.
I'm busy justifying it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2014, 12:41:59 pm »

I'm busy justifying it.
Interesting. i think that comes under the heading of catastrophe, yes. And could shape the mythology of the world. So all good :D

Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2014, 01:02:42 pm »

I have more plans for that Scar. Three, I feel, are complete enough to share bits of.

1. Magic. Spirit Quests to the Scar, and people gain magic. Air, water, electricity, ice. (Because, really, air-water-earth-fire is overdone.)
2. Elemental beasts might not always stay in the Scar. Either someone frees/summons them, or they wander a bit naturally. This folds into...
3. Just because the storms have coalesced into a Scar doesn't mean they lose their property of adding souls of those they kill into the storms. And just imagine what happens when humans/elves/whatever explore the Scar...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2014, 01:34:48 pm »

I have more plans for that Scar. Three, I feel, are complete enough to share bits of.

1. Magic. Spirit Quests to the Scar, and people gain magic. Air, water, electricity, ice. (Because, really, air-water-earth-fire is overdone.)
2. Elemental beasts might not always stay in the Scar. Either someone frees/summons them, or they wander a bit naturally. This folds into...
3. Just because the storms have coalesced into a Scar doesn't mean they lose their property of adding souls of those they kill into the storms. And just imagine what happens when humans/elves/whatever explore the Scar...
If we're codifying magic I'd go 'Energy' over electricity (mostly because people may end up unaware of electricity beyond lightning.

past that, most of this is up to the RP/descriptions/whatever-you-want-to-call-it of players. Which isn't to say that the odd malicious monster won't rear its head if i get bored.

Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2014, 01:35:33 pm »

"Lightning" seems the likeliest IC name.

Ayup. But I fully intend to see if I can implement/convince someone to implement that stuff later.
Sig

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2014, 05:59:51 am »

Begin round 2.

I haven't put a neat map up yet, but as I'm unavailable today I've put the round up so that play can continue - use the map for Fniff's turn as a base.

Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2014, 04:24:29 pm »

Wait, there isn't any life? I thought we could assume there was grass and deer and birds and stuff.
Sig

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2014, 04:27:51 pm »

Wait, there isn't any life? I thought we could assume there was grass and deer and birds and stuff.

Pretty sure it is the case.

Those primitive creatures that could live on the barren Land soon perished beneath it, and their souls, little as they were, became part of the tempest. Some few even took form once more - their old shapes returned to them as bodies of pure wind or rain, lightning or hail.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2014, 04:33:39 pm »

there is life, but unless there's any terrain it's quite generic and simple - the creation of terrain automatically gives the creatures that would be associated with that terrain. the low amount of life to begin was due to the fact it had risen out of the ocean moments before.

TL;DR: Don't worry about making mundane life. It'll pop up by itself.

In response to Froggy in the IC thread, see above. Also, terrain itself can be 'evil', assuming that means hostile to life - common landslides, difficult weather, unusually aggressive predators, etc.

I will also highlight that the OOC thread exists for a reason. DO NOT POST ANYTHING BUT ACTUAL TURNS IN THE IC THREAD.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 04:39:00 pm by sjm9876 »

Sigtext
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11