Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Armor  (Read 557 times)

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Armor
« on: January 10, 2014, 07:34:50 pm »

I am clueless about how much armor a dwarf can wear. I wish to give my two swordlords as much protection as possible, and do not know how to do it. Is there a maximum amount of armor that a dwarf can wear on each bodypart, or is it something else?
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Armor
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 08:02:00 pm »

Maximun posible armor(remember to set the squad in replace clothes):

Armor                      Legs          Head          Gloves                              Boots
1 x breastplate     2 x trousers     1 x helm    1 x pairs of gauntlets         1 x pairs of high boots
3 x mail shirts       1 x greaves     6 x hood    1 x pairs of mittens            1 x pairs of chausses
6 x cloaks

In general, though, you don't need all this. 1 Helm, 1 breastplate, 1 mail, 1 greaves, 1 pair of gauntlets and 1 pair of boots is more than enough to make dwarfs invulnerable if they are made with steel/Candy.

More info:
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Armor#Size.2C_Permit.2C_and_layering_armor

In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 08:35:58 pm »

Armor                      Legs          Head          Gloves                              Boots
1 x breastplate     2 x trousers     1 x helm    1 x pairs of gauntlets         1 x pairs of high boots
3 x mail shirts       1 x greaves     6 x hood    1 x pairs of mittens            1 x pairs of chausses
6 x cloaks

In general, though, you don't need all this. 1 Helm, 1 breastplate, 1 mail, 1 greaves, 1 pair of gauntlets and 1 pair of boots is more than enough to make dwarfs invulnerable if they are made with steel/Candy.

More info:
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Armor#Size.2C_Permit.2C_and_layering_armor
I have read the wiki article. I just do not get it. Also, I am playing a mod so the armor is different.
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 08:49:38 pm »

6 x cloaks

More info:
I have read the wiki article. I just do not get it. Also, I am playing a mod so the armor is different.
Could you be more specific about what you don't understand? Also, what mod is it and how does it change armor?

If you're wondering how to assign the armor, simply go to the (m)ilitary screen, u(n)iforms, and then add all the armor pieces you want to either a new uniform or an existing one.

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 10:16:51 pm »

6 x cloaks

More info:
Could you be more specific about what you don't understand? Also, what mod is it and how does it change armor?

If you're wondering how to assign the armor, simply go to the (m)ilitary screen, u(n)iforms, and then add all the armor pieces you want to either a new uniform or an existing one.
I know how to assign armor; all of my military are equipped. I just want to know how much armor can fit on each bodypart.

Raphite1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Beards and Brimstone
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 12:37:20 am »

6 x cloaks

More info:

I know how to assign armor; all of my military are equipped. I just want to know how much armor can fit on each bodypart.

What exactly don't you get? The wiki article and the quoted text state the facts outright. On their legs, your swordsdwarves can wear 2xtrousers and 1xgreaves, etc.

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 10:10:31 am »

I am using a mod, so the armor is different. What is the maximum size of armor that can fit on each bodypart?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 12:04:22 pm »

That is impossible to say, because you're using a mod

each piece of armor has 2 values for this and an indication. One is its own size, the other is a size limit at which you can't wear more of it. So a size of 50 and a size limit of 150 would mean you can wear 3 of them. If you then have some size 10, limit 200, you can put another 5 of those on - a different strategy might be more effective, this is just an example. The indication is generally noted as S, or shaped. Only one shaped item can be worn per body part.

Since, as you so helpfully pointed out, you are using a mod I can't tell you which armor pieces would be a good idea. Since you, not so helpfully, have not told us which mod, there is really nothing anyone here can tell you.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014, 01:23:30 pm »

Okay.