Homosexual
- 16 (4.7%)
Asexual
- 37 (10.8%)
I'm 12 and what is this?
- 9 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 338

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 50

Author Topic: Sexuality poll: It's all just spores anyway.  (Read 69501 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Sexuality: The pollening.
« Reply #210 on: January 12, 2014, 07:16:38 am »

Omnomnom unborn fetuses.

Plant fetuses, before anyone asks.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 12, 2014, 07:28:36 am »

And/Or Chicken Fetuses.

I DO like to eat small children. Just not human children. Lamb, for example.
The Lambs from Lamb are typically yearling, similar with Veal, age adjusted.
Don't be fooled. You're eating Teen>Young Adult.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 12, 2014, 07:31:49 am »

I dislike people to much to be into anyone regardless of sex, so I suppose it's asexual for me.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 12, 2014, 07:33:43 am »

I dislike people to much to be into anyone regardless of sex, so I suppose it's asexual for me.
Nah. That's what the "I'm 12 years old" option is for ;)

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 12, 2014, 07:59:08 am »

Except I'm not.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 12, 2014, 09:12:38 am »

Just a tad patronising. :>

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 12, 2014, 09:22:49 am »

It's a meme. Simmer.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 12, 2014, 09:31:58 am »

And/Or Chicken Fetuses.

I DO like to eat small children. Just not human children. Lamb, for example.
The Lambs from Lamb are typically yearling, similar with Veal, age adjusted.
Don't be fooled. You're eating Teen>Young Adult.

NOOOOOOOOOO... and they had so much angst to express D:
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 12, 2014, 10:02:18 am »

Lambst?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 12, 2014, 12:39:45 pm »

Silly carnivores. The vegetarians and vegans will rule the world one day, and then you'll be sorry!
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 12, 2014, 12:44:56 pm »

Silly carnivores. The vegetarians and vegans will rule the world one day, and then you'll be sorry!
To show the carnivores the error of our ways they shall eat them, for maximum irony.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 12, 2014, 01:42:45 pm »

When it comes to sexuality, I sometimes feel like we have words to describe people who brush their teeth exclusively with their left hand, both eyes closed and while humming the national anthem, but are flexible about whether they look at the big mirror in the bathroom or the mirror on the medicine cabinet while doing so.

This made me lol. It's way too true. Just look at the number of people who have asked "what does blahblahblah mean" already in this thread. Look at cisheterosexual. Heterosexual; meaning "Hey this dude's straight", and then the prefix: "No seriously, he's actually straight!"

Which is 'Homo, Hetero and Bi'. Now just to make those sound less derogatory.

I don't find those terms derogatory at all, but I guess it comes down to how they're used. More importantly though, is how they're interpreted. My friends were in a discussion that turned out pretty insensitive, I thought, but I still got their point. As I'm sure everyone knows, the term "gay" is used synonymously with the term "sucks". Like "My car broke down" "That sucks/That's gay". To me it's just another anaphora, like "sick", "bad", "sweet", "the shit". I don't actually think that that rock concert I went to last week was full of sugary goodness, but I'll call it "sweet" anyway. I don't truly believe that getting a new car is "bad" thing(except financially), but I'll say it anyway. I don't really think that my male friend who just kicked me in the balls is malevolent because of whether or not he likes men, but the phrase might slip out anyway. It's just a part of speech now-a-days, just like how the word "gay" was actually appropriated from its original meaning in the first place.

A little more back on topic, the term homo is less controversial than the term gay, it's just a matter of whether someone says "that guy is homo as opposed to hetero" or someone says "that guy is a dirty hippy homo" which is a horrible thing to say, and mean.

I guess my point is, can words truly be damaging if their meaning is innocent? I know the opposite is true; an innocent word can be damaging depending on the context. I'm more of the "sticks and stones" camp, and think it's hilarious when people try to insult me by calling me a ginger, or red-headed step-child.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 12, 2014, 01:45:11 pm »

This is always a pet peeve of mine. For one thing, why call people who eat meat "carnivores"? They don't eat exclusively meat. Also, if you're going to call them that, why can't you have some consistency and call vegans and the like "herbivores"?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 12, 2014, 03:13:43 pm »

(jokes about tagline)

Look, I'm just doing my part to control the world population!
It's very avant garde!! Just think of all those resources I save those poor, stressed out parrents that cant keep track of their kids, because the kids are running around like neutrinos after a supernova! I mean, JEEZE, Eating those annoying little shits will give their parents time for each other again, and time to do the things they love! AND it reduces world population!

How could this possibly be a BAD thing!? (And they are quite tasty in an orange marmalade glaze!)

(/joke)

No, that's just one of the active repulsion features I mentioned. I dont actually eat small children, or in any sense find the idea of eating small children in any way pleasing. I know it makes other people uncomfortable, which discourages them from trying to get "too friendly."  It's sort of like the mental version of "Anti-cologne"-- rather than make you appear more attractive, it makes you look horrible, so people stay away unless their curiosity is really really genuine.

Anything to do with children in such a capacity is almost always an instant "Ew, thats horrible!" reaction inducing feature in more sexually inclined people. Personally, I think children are annoying, and dont want any. (and by extension, I dont want anything to do with your* (english lacks a suitable impersonal you) children. I dont want to hear about how cute they were while playing soccer. I dont want to see their boogery baby pictures. When they are old enough to have a sensible conversation, then I might find them interesting. But not before.) If I were to adopt, I would actively look for an older child, and would be quite picky.

Sorry about the tentacles reference-- I was looking for something that was decidedly "In your face" sexual in nature. I suppose if you are a (ahem) "Cisheterosexual male",  Imagine being propositioned by a really big, heavy set, hairy, sweaty, and sexually crass homosexual male, and his being insistent that you are just being hard to get. No-- It isn't a lack of libido for him. The concept is decidedly repulsive to the core for you. Lack of libido means you have no feelings about sex. Repulsion is a very powerful feeling.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 12, 2014, 03:46:50 pm »

This is always a pet peeve of mine. For one thing, why call people who eat meat "carnivores"? They don't eat exclusively meat. Also, if you're going to call them that, why can't you have some consistency and call vegans and the like "herbivores"?

Because calling them 'omnivores' implies they are more inclusive in what they eat, and implicitly puts the people who use it as the less inclusive weirdos.

The addition of the cis/trans prefix to descriptors of sexuality makes me think that in like 50 years people will have to use phrases that sound more like your average hipster's Starbucks order.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 50