Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: UnholinessSparked - Let's Play Orc Fortress (rebalanced)  (Read 12932 times)

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UnholinessSparked - Let's Play Orc Fortress (rebalanced)
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2014, 04:29:03 am »

Warlocks dont do fires anymore, it looks like a traders brought molten lead in the first place. Or did you specifically find something in the combat log that said: "Y throws a fireball at bears" ?

Nothing in the combat log, but a bear did run towards the depot, and the drowspiders threw some webs at it just before the fire started. I was alerted to the problem when I wondered why my trade depot was turning sparkly colours.

It was warlocks and orc (non-taiga-orc) traders, correct?

Indeed! I have a save from when the traders first arrived, but I'm not going to try and reproduce the incident, it's this sort of madness which is why I love DF. ;)

~ T

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2014, 04:31:11 am »

Could you please upload that save? I just want to check their inventory for the molten lead. That way I know for sure if the traders started it or not. Will be more important when Deathswords goblins and my warlocks have to trade with them as well. If its the warlocks, they will be replaced anyway, so it wont be a problem.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2014, 04:45:29 am »

Could you please upload that save? I just want to check their inventory for the molten lead. That way I know for sure if the traders started it or not. Will be more important when Deathswords goblins and my warlocks have to trade with them as well. If its the warlocks, they will be replaced anyway, so it wont be a problem.

Sure thing! Here we have both sets of traders at the depot, but no fire.  I can't spot anything obviously molten and/or on fire in the depot.

~ T

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2014, 08:26:00 am »

9th Sandstone, 101 (mid-Autumn)

CptCrunchy sat by the smoking remains of a lynx bone table. As tribe scribe, he took his duties very seriously. While he insisted that to properly account for the tribe's possessions he needed a better dining room, and living quaters, and study, and maybe a few trophies, he knew all of those would come in time. Right now, he had rolled by the sleve of his cotton fibre shirt to best show off his scars to their new guests.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Right now he was trying to catch the eye of the Uruk that had arrived with the band out of the wilderness. She was a rare sight to behold; most uruk rippled with muscle, but this one was lithe and moved with uncanny grace and agility. It's clear she didn't have the raw strength of Vyctryx, but lithe for an uruk is still strong for an orc.

"Hey there, how you doing?" asked CptCrunchy, revealing a toothy grin.

"Fine," she responded distractedly. She was lightly dusted in ash, and was wielding with ease a heavy steel hill-orc choppa, swinging the enormous weapon about with a single hand. It made CptCrunchy's heart leap; and the rest of him, too, as she buried it in a smouldering stump next to his chair. "It looks like you could use some assistance here."

"Uh, yes. As scribe I am responsible for coordinating all new arrivals. You certainly seem very skilled at what you do... Name?"

"GnarFengYur."

"Birth omen?"

All taiga orcs had a birth omen. Some believed they foretold what the young orc would become, and in many camps they were used as commonly as the names orcs were given by their parents, or chose for themselves.

"It's... uh... i.. im.. im..."

"It's Immoral Wood!" came a delighted cry from behind GnarFengYur.

"Aunt Talthra!" cried GnarFengYur, visibly uncomfortable, "I thought you were lost. What are you doing in the wilderness?"

"Seeking glory" responded Talthra with a mischievous smile, making double-quote signs in the air with her fingers. "Same as you, I'm guessing. But first, let's let CptCrunchy here that hilarious story about your birth omen."

"Yes please," responded Crunchy, "when it comes to immoral wood, I'm all ears..."

« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 08:28:19 am by Urist McTeellox »

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2014, 10:45:35 am »

Since the dawn of time, the tale of boatmurdered has been told, passed down through generations. It is whispered in hushed tones that when fire ravages the world, elephants shall come to take vengeance on those who had unleashed it.

Clearly attracted by the smoke, mastodons have come to fulfil their ancestral promise:

They are very lean, mean, fighting machines...

~ T

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2014, 12:14:41 pm »

Since the dawn of time, the tale of boatmurdered has been told, passed down through generations. It is whispered in hushed tones that when fire ravages the world, elephants shall come to take vengeance on those who had unleashed it.

Clearly attracted by the smoke, mastodons have come to fulfil their ancestral promise:

They are very lean, mean, fighting machines...

~ T
Wait, are the mastadons zombies? Also, what exactly is my character making?
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2014, 12:18:25 pm »

Since I doubt my snaga will see the frontlines much(maximum once)... give me something to shoot! need shoota!!!!

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2014, 09:12:42 pm »

Warlocks dont do fires anymore

I tested out the save, when I attacked the warlocks the fire started.  I'm not sure if the combat set off the molten lead somehow, but it seems like it was the warlock's doing.  There was no fire when I just let the world continue as normal
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2014, 09:42:56 pm »

This message is all about debugging. It contains possible spoilers. But if you're Meph or CptCrunchy, or just curious about why things happen, you should read it.

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2014, 10:51:52 pm »

re: debugging

After a few more tests, I found that the fire occurs after a warlock uses his acid cloud spell.  That could be either reacting with some volatile materials in the trade depot (I couldn't see that barrel of roaring fire anywhere), or possibly directly setting wooden items on fire. 
Edit: Is it possible that the acid cloud could have melted lead, which then set fire to wooden and cloth items, since molten lead has a high temperature?

Sorry for spamming up your LP thread with bugtests :P it might be better to move this discussion to the orc fort bug thread
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 10:57:53 pm by CptCrunchy »
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2014, 10:55:54 pm »

disregard this accidental doublepost

MuDD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2014, 11:27:03 pm »

AHAHAHA So I guess Auntie Talthra is a bonecarver when she's not stabbing things to death with her spear?

Awesome.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2014, 02:41:32 am »

Its not the Warlocks, they dont start fires. Its Orcs having access to random materials they shouldnt have, which start fires automatically. Once the mod has molten metals in the alchemy system, and dwarven traders arrived with bags full of magma. They didnt last long, but it was very hard to track down.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2014, 10:28:36 am »

Meph, the save I tested had no fire-based materials in the depot, and the fire would only occur when a warlock used the acid cloud spell.

LonelyZues

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2014, 06:01:26 pm »

Allow me to help expand the tribe through the help of magic and the arcane craft.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4