Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 47

Author Topic: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story  (Read 87410 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5 DnD] A Kobold Story
« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2014, 10:58:27 pm »

I'm completely lost when it comes to this LA stuff now o.o;

Not only that, but it looks like someone else is making a monk? Dammit, we can't have two monks running around. Back to the drawing board, I guess...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 05, 2014, 11:00:13 pm »

Hmm. Well, Warlocks have their own niche, I suppose.

GWG, we'll have to corroborate to make sure we aren't overlapping our spell/invocations very much.

And since we're using any classes, you could be a favored soul; their spellcasting is charisma based.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2014, 11:01:18 pm »

Multiclass spellcasters are about diversity, flexibility, aka the weak spot of warlocks. You focus on the blasty, I'll do the rest?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 05, 2014, 11:03:52 pm »

Just so everyone knows, I'm going to be an evil cleric. >_> So I won't be as versatile in healing you, so keep that in mind.

I hope to have some other abilities to help offset that, but this is like, my first ever character so it will be about as optimized as a potato with wings.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 05, 2014, 11:04:25 pm »

Just so everyone knows, I'm going to be an evil cleric. >_> So I won't be as versatile in healing you, so keep that in mind.
I'll pick up the slack. No biggie.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 05, 2014, 11:06:33 pm »

Not only that, but it looks like someone else is making a monk? Dammit, we can't have two monks running around. Back to the drawing board, I guess...

Basically, if you are playing a 'weak' class, you get free Level Adjustment. Typically, Level Adjustment comes from: A. Playing a race that is more powerful than the 'standard' - Humans, dwarves, etc. B. Applying a template such as Half Dragon or Phrenic to your character. Level adjustment puts you behind on the level up scale because you are more powerful than the norm. But since you are getting 'free' LA, then you don't get behind on the curve and level up at the same rate.

All of this stems from Casters being godlike. Wizards? Yeah, wizards can do anything and everything a Fighter can do, but five times as much and twice as well. This is why Fighters get to be Half Dragon Winged Kobolds, and the Casters just get to be Kobolds.

I hope to have some other abilities to help offset that, but this is like, my first ever character so it will be about as optimized as a potato with wings.

Descan, this is my first time GMing. I'm expecting to accidentally kill half of you and the other half to completely rape the rules and break the game world in about forty seconds. As long as we have fun screwing everything up, then it's okay. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 05, 2014, 11:07:33 pm »

Don't change classes on my account. Besides, I'm not actively in the game. Also, I think everything is in place, except for equipment? Cog the Kobold.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 11:09:11 pm by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 05, 2014, 11:07:50 pm »

Excellent. I have someone to compliment my Ghostiness.

On another note, in case I don't go Warlock, would I be allowed to play a level 6 Necropolitan Dread Necromancer? Having paid off the LA or the like? It's not even technically level adjustment, you just lose a level when you become one. Which could be at level 3.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 05, 2014, 11:08:37 pm »

So, how much do kobold monks get in terms of LA? It seems like we're getting quite a few half-breeds and I'm guessing not all are monks...

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 05, 2014, 11:09:55 pm »

Excellent. I have someone to compliment my Ghostiness.

On another note, in case I don't go Warlock, would I be allowed to play a level 6 Necropolitan Dread Necromancer? Having paid off the LA or the like? It's not even technically level adjustment, you just lose a level when you become one. Which could be at level 3.

You lose one level and 1000 extra XP. So you'd be a level and 1000 xp behind. :P Meaning you'd level up like twenty seconds into the first session.

So, how much do kobold monks get in terms of LA? It seems like we're getting quite a few half-breeds and I'm guessing not all are monks...

+6 LA. They are a (very, very, very shitty) Tier 5 class. I think I might give Tier 4's only 1/2 LA. >.>
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 05, 2014, 11:13:19 pm »

So if I wanted to be, say, half-celestial (probably not what I will pick, considering alignment), I would still have 2 LA to use on something else? As long as its not another cross-breed thing, anyway.

Sorry for asking so many questions, but my last (and only other) 3.5 character was a half-elf bard and this is all very new to me...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 05, 2014, 11:14:50 pm »

You lose one level and 1000 extra XP. So you'd be a level and 1000 xp behind. :P Meaning you'd level up like twenty seconds into the first session.
It's possible to complete a combat in 20 seconds?!?

I think I might give Tier 4's only 1/2 LA. >.>
Sensible.
Sig

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 05, 2014, 11:17:10 pm »

Yes you would. Or you could leave it as leftovers, since he'll give you bonuses.

Also, if you want guides to optimization, just look up "3.5 [your class/concept here] Handbook". There's plenty of good ones as general guides, if nothing else.

FAKEEDIT: GWG, I think he'd be giving me some of the XP in advance, or getting it through non-combat ways. Just makes it easier, rather than making a level 5 char, and then having to level him up, I can make a level 6 char and wait a bit.

In any case, I'll be undead. Which means I have to ask how the Dragonmount's views on undead are.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 05, 2014, 11:18:00 pm »

It's possible to complete a combat in 20 seconds?!?

I think I might give Tier 4's only 1/2 LA. >.>
Sensible.

Oh hush you. You know what I meant. Or if you didn't, you should. :P He'll be the same level as everyone else soon enough for it to be a non-issue. Although he'd still be a level behind.
He's fucking with us.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 05, 2014, 11:24:02 pm »

So after 20 seconds I would be the same level as everyone else, right?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 47