Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22

Author Topic: Slayer's Saloon: Mission One: Yanking the White Worm  (Read 23388 times)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Slayer's Saloon: Monster Hunting in the Old West
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2014, 06:27:12 pm »

"There's still a few around excluding beer barrel man. Anyway, want some water? Or milk? Milks good for keeping you strong.
"Milk's good, but I'm not sure if I trust the stuff they'd sell here. No offense, barkeep, it's more of a general distrust of alcohol-dispensing places."

"None taken, although the booze here's probably the most sanitary stuff we've got, even without counting the denatured stuff in the medkits that's not fit for drinking. The milk should be fine too, but I wouldn't recommend having any of the water out here without boiling it first, and even then you'll wanna be careful with it."
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2014, 06:41:13 pm »

Corran looked down at the girl curiously for a moment then squeezed her shoulder lightly.

" Where did that come from? "
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2014, 07:38:30 pm »

Corran looked down at the girl curiously for a moment then squeezed her shoulder lightly.
" Where did that come from? "
Julia blinked a few times before trying to remember where she had got that from, but couldn't figure it out: it wasn't from any books she had read, nor was it from anyone she had fought with.
Fought with.
She vaguely recalled the image of a dragonfly before it faded too quickly.

"I don't know. Guess it must've been some book I read or something."

Julia stared back down at her cup of milk.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 06, 2014, 07:42:00 pm »

Corran nodded absently not entirely satisfied with the answer but letting it go.

"Where's your family? Children don't often travel alone these days.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 06, 2014, 08:08:58 pm »

Corran nodded absently not entirely satisfied with the answer but letting it go.
"Where's your family? Children don't often travel alone these days.
Julia shrugs and drinks the last of the milk. "My dad's been dead practically since my birth and I've been estranged from my mum so far that I don't even know where she is right now, or whether she is alive still. So I have no family to speak of."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 06, 2014, 08:18:06 pm »

"Well I always wanted a little sister, so I guess this was a good meeting for both of us.
Caine's law.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 06, 2014, 08:18:56 pm »

Sunan snorts and looks down at his drink, "Smooth..."

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2014, 08:23:58 pm »

KEGSTAND

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 06, 2014, 08:31:35 pm »

- That is called self-preservation instinct suppression, kiddos. Lets me kill more boogies while you drink your warm milk and go to bed.
"This might surprise you, but not all men do exactly what you do. Drinking alcohol is unrelated to combat ability, unless you count the tendency of the drunkard to be absolutely terrible at any form of combat requiring hand-eye coordination, balance, or not vomiting."

"A human's greatest strengths are their minds, hearts, and souls. Without any one of those you are no longer human, for better and for worse. I'd prefer to keep my advantage as a human," she muttered to herself. She stopped for a moment - where had she quoted that from? She couldn't remember. Julia kept sipping at her milk.
"Then why are the strongest humans the ones who repress those characteristics? They may be our most unique, but our strength lies elsewhere."

KEGSTAND
What, exactly, is a kegstand?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 06, 2014, 08:42:55 pm »

KEGSTAND
You stand on the keg. With your hands.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 06, 2014, 08:47:07 pm »

"Or perhaps some people simply don't feel the need to use there strength to get attention.
Caine's law.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2014, 09:31:24 pm »

KEGSTAND
You stand on the keg. With your hands.
Alright, that's something Carl can safely ignore.

"Or perhaps some people simply don't feel the need to use there strength to get attention.
"I'm assuming you're replying to my comment on heart and soul not being the greatest strengths of men? If that was the case, you'd expect some people to use heir strength to get attention...and that they would triumph over those using the lesser strengths to succeed. The opposite is the case. Those using heart, soul, and so forth get trampled and conquered by those using brute force. Is this right? No. Is it? Yes."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2014, 09:47:01 pm »

Bleep.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 09:51:46 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2014, 09:48:03 pm »

"Then why are the strongest humans the ones who repress those characteristics? They may be our most unique, but our strength lies elsewhere."
Julia's right eye twitched, and she put her hand to her eye. A small headache made its way into her head, and she gritted her teeth, not knowing why this was happening.
"The strongest of us all lies within those who accept the darkness of our own hearts. Strength of the body is meaningless without the vision of infinite perspective. Those who open their eyes to the world see beyond reality and conquer opponents through multidimensional warfare." Julia gasps a bit, trying to find out what the heck is wrong with her.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2014, 09:52:39 pm »

"You two make a perfect couple, you know that?" Sunan says to Julia and Corran. "Just be careful out in public. That's a hanging offense where I'm from," he says, grinning.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22