Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52469 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread.
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2014, 04:15:56 pm »

"Why yes, perfectly clear! Good morning to you too!"

Drop pack, search for full cover, and Hide, with bow drawn and arrow ready.

"So, anyone fancy coming for a walk round the back of them?"

Spoiler: Hide roll (click to show/hide)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2014, 04:23:42 pm »

((For reference, my full attack would be two unarmed strikes and a gore, all at a +11 to hit, and all dealing 2d6+11 damage, ignoring all forms of Damage Reduction. +12 to hit if as I suspect the wasps are coming at me from below, where the enemy is camped, due to height advantages. In addition, I know I have 19 AC, and threaten a 10-ft radius, so they probably need to eat an Attack of Opportunity if they try to hit me in melee.))

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2014, 04:45:23 pm »

((They were coming from above, trying to make you land.))

One dives towards you to strike, and you unleash the ungodly fury of your fists. It is pummeled lifeless by your blows, exploding in a cloud of blood and pheromones. The cloud of gibs makes a touch attack for 11. Does it hit?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2014, 04:46:27 pm »

Wait, yes, barely. +1 Dex, +1 Wis, -1 Size.

EDIT: Nope, it's 12 after all.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 09:13:57 pm by Remuthra »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2014, 09:10:00 pm »

Gartens laughs, shaking out her limbs in a clatter of chainmail. "Good luck with that, bud. I'm not feeling particularly cooperative right now. Still, I have to thank you. It's gratifying to be proven right." Calling up to the sky, she pulls her tower shield close to herself and swings her spear down into a horizontal fighting position to one side of the massive shield. "Get down here, Ragefist! We need your strength!" ((Initiative roll: 4... ))

The woman-warrior smashes her spear against her shield, sending a resounding crash through the canyon. "Give me your best shot, you blasted cowards!" Her nearby allies felt an almost tingly sensation as the sound reverberated through their bodies. When it passed, they would have a comforting sensation of security, and their bodies would feel limber, as though they'd just stretched for battle. ((Protection Devotion activated as swift action. +2 AC for everyone on our side within 30 feet. Including myself.))

As the sensation faded, Celles was already beginning to build momentum, barreling towards the man down the canyon. "Stay by my side, comrades!" she called out as she charged the man, though it would take a few seconds more to reach him. When she passed her hounds, she barked a command in Haljir: "Derkev ges poun, Stauns." (translates roughly to "Sic 'im, girls.")

((Maneuvers Readied are: Charging Minotaur, Crusader's Strike; Douse the Flames; Stone Bones; Mountain Hammer; that's also the order the die rolls for which ones I'll get would be grabbed in(1=Charging Minotaur, unless it's been chosen, in which case it's Crusader's strike, unless it's also been chosen, etc.). Maneuvers Granted at the start of this encounter are: Charging Minotaur, Mountain Hammer, and Douse the Flames. Rolls.))

((Dogs will charge him, and if we're really going to use the Handle Animal rules(which are silly on this point), that would take me a move action to command them to do so. Which is silly. Talking is a free action, they're well-trained...but if it does, whatever. In that case, my other move would be a move action towards him(only 20' covered). If it doesn't take an action to do that, I'll run towards him(60' covered) instead. Dogs have 50' speed, so they can reach him in one round as a charge action. Kemik will enter Punishing Stance first, as a swift action. Attack Rolls (for these rolls, Greghir will always be the top result, so she misses.) If 21 hits, Damage Roll and Trip Attempt.))
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 01:27:37 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2014, 09:16:59 pm »

"I'd prefer to wait up here until I have less distractions, but I'll get on it as soon as I'm finished!"

Initiative Roll: 10.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2014, 10:41:24 pm »

"Pity. We were getting along splendidly. Riddle them, boys!"
He draws his own crossbow, and waits. One of the men on the walls takes a pot shot at Gartens, but it glances off her armor.

Two more wasps dive-bomb Ragefist, but one is squashed, and he is now covered in blood and pheromones. The other stings you, dealing 8 damage. Please roll to resist a poison of with DC of 13. If you fail, take 1d6 DEX damage.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 11:21:28 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2014, 11:01:15 pm »

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 = 15

Alaris drops her grappling hook and dives for cover, playing a loud song about an epic battle in which good triumphs over evil using teamwork and perseverance!

All allies who can hear the song automatically gain +1 to saving throws against fear and charm effects, as well as to attack and damage rolls. This effect lasts for as long as Alaris continues the song, and for 5 turns afterward.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2014, 11:02:53 pm »

Can I hear the song? I'm rather far away.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2014, 11:22:01 pm »

15 DC listen check.
Also, fixed the wasps.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2014, 01:25:42 am »

Initiative Roll: 1d20+7 → [16,7] = (23)

Listen Check: 1d20+1 → [11,1] = (12)

Cade dives behind cover and casts Extended Mage Armor. He also peeks out and tries to count the number of bandits and where they are positioned.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2014, 02:08:25 am »

You aren't that far away. I don't think you need a listen check...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2014, 02:00:58 pm »

Initiative order:
Cade: 23
Bandit A: 20
Wasp A: 20
Wasp B: 18
Greeter Bandit: 17
Alaris: 15
Godkissed: 13
Ragefist: 10
Wasp C: 5
Gartens + dogs: 4
Browne: 4
Bandit B and C: 3

In case you didn't notice: Roll for initiative!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 05:41:34 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2014, 02:02:54 pm »

No initiative for the bees?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 67