Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52447 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread.
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2014, 05:19:56 pm »

"There was? Where? I must admit, I kind of drifted off... Say, this place looks ripe for an ambush. I wonder if there's another way around, or if a couple of us could climb up these sides? Although, running into trouble the big man can't just swipe out of the way kind of seems unlikely..."

Edgrick loosens his pack, ready to drop it at the first real sign of trouble, and scans the distance, also looking over the steep sandstone walls to see if they're climbable. He edges over to the right of the road.

Can he spot again? Possibly pointless but as no one else has posted yet: 1d20+9=23

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2014, 05:22:23 pm »

"Well, I suppose there's no harm in being too careful; let me check up ahead."

I use my flight to scout said cliffs from a healthy distance of a few hundred meters.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2014, 05:23:14 pm »

"Perhaps it left on a journey to find a craftsman and become something beautiful..."

The cleric looks aimlessly at the sky for a few seconds. "Or perhaps it just fancies you and is nervous to show its face."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2014, 05:33:25 pm »

Gartens smiles at the cleric, then lifts a head and clanks her visor shut. Her somewhat muffled voice comes through the helmet.
"If only the world worked that way. I don't like the sounds of it."

She takes her great spear into her other hand, letting the butt rest in the dirt as she made a signal and spoke in a guttural, rhythmic language to her dogs.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2014, 05:34:30 pm »

Nervously plucks a few violin strings. "Look, usually when I see strange things on the road, it isn't good..."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2014, 05:46:30 pm »

"There was? Where? I must admit, I kind of drifted off... Say, this place looks ripe for an ambush. I wonder if there's another way around, or if a couple of us could climb up these sides? Although, running into trouble the big man can't just swipe out of the way kind of seems unlikely..."

Edgrick loosens his pack, ready to drop it at the first real sign of trouble, and scans the distance, also looking over the steep sandstone walls to see if they're climbable. He edges over to the right of the road.

Can he spot again? Possibly pointless but as no one else has posted yet: 1d20+9=23
He sees a shimmer of a mirage, right next to a rather large boulder. It seems wrong, off somehow.

"Well, I suppose there's no harm in being too careful; let me check up ahead."

I use my flight to scout said cliffs from a healthy distance of a few hundred meters.
Spot check, please. I'll give you a +5 for height.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2014, 05:48:27 pm »

WA-SPOT REDUX!

That should see something.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2014, 06:00:47 pm »

Looking over the steep sandstone walls to see if they're climbable.
They are, but not easily.
WA-SPOT REDUX!

That should see something.
You see a small camp nestled behind a group of boulders. A couple of people are milling around.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2014, 11:13:02 pm »

"An ambush? Yes, I suppose this could be a pretty good place for one..." Cade mutters, looking around casually. "We must be wary, incase they have magics on their side. A good invisibility spell or even a simple illusion can go a long way in setting an ambush."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2014, 11:17:07 pm »

"Oh! Idea!" Alaris digs around in her pack, pulling out a grappling hook and length of rope. "I knew this thing would come in handy some time!"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2014, 11:19:43 pm »

Gartens snorts good-humoredly, watching Alaris. "You've got one too?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2014, 11:31:17 pm »

"An ambush? Yes, I suppose this could be a pretty good place for one..." Cade mutters, looking around casually. "We must be wary, incase they have magics on their side. A good invisibility spell or even a simple illusion can go a long way in setting an ambush."

"...I know, right? This one time I used my invisibility spell to ambush a poor craftsman with a new set of tools. He was rather shocked... But that was before I found out the spell would still hide me even if my clothes were on."

"Oh! Idea!" Alaris digs around in her pack, pulling out a grappling hook and length of rope. "I knew this thing would come in handy some time!"

Gartens snorts good-humoredly, watching Alaris. "You've got one too?"

"One of these days, somebody will stick a god in the eye with one of those things, and climb all the way up to heaven. That would be sad. Its not a fun place to visit."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2014, 03:33:41 pm »

"And, uh, do any of you have an invisibility spell? They know we're coming, presumably, but we could always get one over on them. A couple of us could go round and take them by surprise whilst the rest fight, if any of you are stealthy enough... Or the big guy could just fly right at them, I guess."

If anyone agrees to come with me, head back out of the cut and go round the left hand side to see if we can stealthily approach the camp whilst the rest do a full frontal assault or something.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2014, 03:49:17 pm »

As you stand milling around, trying to decide what to do, you have slowly drifted behind the hill; the wind is kicking up, blowing dirt everywhere. Gartens, your dogs start acting up, as if they had smelt a rabbit. Before you can react, a man steps out from behind a rock about a hundred feet down the road.

Hello, everyone. Here’s how it’s going to work today. You are going to put your weapons, armor and assorted valuables on the ground. You are going to continue down the road, with your hands clearly in sight, after getting your friend up there to come on down. In exchange, my men do not fill you full of crossbow bolts. Do I make myself perfectly clear?

As he is making his speech, some mean looking men appear from behind boulders alongside the top of the hill, armed with mean looking crossbows.

Ragefist, some large, curious looking wasp-like creatures buzz you, attempting to force you lower.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2014, 04:00:54 pm »

Gregory shakes his head thoughtfully, and calls out in his most polite tone.
"While I do beg your pardon, I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to leave me alone or be forced to engage in violence. Though I wish I did not have to do so, I simply cannot be mugged by bandits today. Good day to you."

He then beats the nearest wasp to a pulp with his full attack.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 67